Double EXP ending??

CaptRogue

Could someone explain what time it's actually ending??

"Get Double XP from February 13 - 17 during the following times:

• STARTS: Friday, February 13, 2015 10AM PST / 6PM GMT

• ENDS: Sunday, February 16, 2015 12AM PST / Monday, February 17, 2015 7AM GMT"

Sunday is the 15th, Monday the 16, and Tues the 17. :eek:

They completely miscalculated it this time, which is why Twitter, the events page, the launcher note and the patch notes all give different times. Tait fixed it in some places but not all, especially the German/French translations still have the wrong dates.

The exact end time of double xp is:

• US West (PST): Monday, February 16, 11pm
  • US Mountain (MST): Monday, February 16, 12am (midnight)
  • US Central (CST): Tuesday, February 17, 1am
  • US East (EST): Tuesday, February 17, 2am
  • EU West (GMT): Tuesday, February 17, 7am
  • EU Central (CET): Tuesday, February 17, 8am

/5char

The exact end time of double xp is:

•US Mountain (MST): Monday, February 16, 12am (midnight)

It's now Monday, 2AM mountain time (2 hours past midnight) and double xp is still on, so looks like what you have is incorrect. The in-game counter says ~21 hours left, so the actual end time would be Tuesday 12 AM.

I'll just quote myself from yet another post about this ...

why not just hover mouse pointer over the yellow xp tag at the end of the exp bar and it says how many hours left ... no need to know the date or time then

We all know bw never get their time conversions always right but who needs it when we can work it out ourselves ...

:rolleyes:

It's now Monday, 2AM mountain time (2 hours past midnight) and double xp is still on, so looks like what you have is incorrect. The in-game counter says ~21 hours left, so the actual end time would be Tuesday 12 AM.

Yeah my bad, I guess it comes down to definition whether you count midnight as the end of the day or the start of the new day. Of course I meant the midnight between Monday and Tuesday.

Yeah my bad, I guess it comes down to definition whether you count midnight as the end of the day or the start of the new day. Of course I meant the midnight between Monday and Tuesday.

This isn't something that can be a matter of interpretation. The date ticks over when the clock hits midnight (every day, not just for New Years celebrations). 11:59PM = last minute of one day, 12:00AM = first minute of next day. If you list a date and time at midnight the date is for the following day, not the previous day. So in that list you posted the only Monday date should be on the listing for 11PM. (Granted, the midnight listing should be clear enough anyway in the context of the 11PM and 1AM listings around it. It's not like that one time zone is going to get cut off 24 hours earlier than the others.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

This isn't something that can be a matter of interpretation. The date ticks over when the clock hits midnight (every day, not just for New Years celebrations). 11:59PM = last minute of one day, 12:00AM = first minute of next day. If you list a date and time at midnight the date is for the following day, not the previous day. So in that list you posted the only Monday date should be on the listing for 11PM. (Granted, the midnight listing should be clear enough anyway in the context of the 11PM and 1AM listings around it. It's not like that one time zone is going to get cut off 24 hours earlier than the others.)

Okay, thanks for the clarfication, gonna remember that. Here in Europe we use a 24-hour system, so it is not easy for me to think in terms of am and pm. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.