Any way to disable (double) XP ?

Nightgard

Hi,

they put way more work into the leveling phase than in recent end-game content, so why do they want us to skip it ??

Even without the double xp I'm always 3 to 4 level above the missions and when a double Xp week end arrives, I just have to play an other game... which is sad and not cool.

Sure I can always do all those quests later but 2 things :

1-It's really boring to kill grey foes.

2-I have some difficulty getting into the story when I come back to an NPC and he says something like "It sure was a tough fight, how did you manage this?!" ...."well the guy was lvl 20 and I was 35..."

Same thing goes for PVP and Ship missions. You can't enjoy PVP during leveling phase because it will give you a crazy amount of XP, screwing the PVE aspect.

So in the end, an option to deactivate XP ???

No there isn't anyway to disable it ,which is a pity some of us just don't log in during the event or just play max lvl character or craft only untill the event is over.

If you prefer it to have an on/off option best go to the suggestion Box section and try and get as many to keep pestering BW to eventually change it.

:)

No you can't. I have no objection to them adding one. But as it is..either spend the time crafting, playing a high-level toon (if you have one) or just go with the flow...

NOTHING says you HAVE to do all the side-quests. If they grey out you're doing it wrong. Focus on Story THEN main-planet Story...do sides only as needed...and move on to the next planet.

the "it's no fun to kill grey mobs" really comes down to your own doing. You certainly aren't required to do it if you play smart.

Edited by Suromir

just to point out the last post someone did about the x2 xp and can it be disabled got deleted yesterday thats 4 pages worth.

It's just not worth debating about the damm thing and how players play we all do it our own way and everyone views things differently no one is doing anything wrong with how they play.

the op asks a simple question and then gets pounced on ....

Edited by Avorniel

Yes we always need at least 10 "WHY OHH WHY DOUBLE XP!!! ME NO LIKE DOUBLE XP" threads during every double xp event. Very productive use of forum.

What's a productive use of the forum ? Complain only about what YOU think should be re-worked ?

If you really can't handle the extremely rare double xp weekends you should just not play during them.

It's not like there's going to be a shortage of people running around. You're a really odd person to not like them.

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Which flavor do you absolutely detest?

Yes we always need at least 10 "WHY OHH WHY DOUBLE XP!!! ME NO LIKE DOUBLE XP" threads during every double xp event. Very productive use of forum.

Not any more or less productive than anything else that gets posted, the least of which is your very own post.

Edited by TravelersWay

I really wish there was a way to disable it, but we will probably never see one. For now, I'll just not play or play my max level characters for the 2xp weekends. An inconvenience for sure, but not much more as long as it's only one weekend every once in a while, and only 2x XP and not 12x XP.

Way to complain about not being productive enough while adding nothing of productive value.

Edited by Swissbob

I'm not opposed to having some way to turn it off, but if it happens or not is a business decision based on the effort of an opt out vs. the rarity of the event vs. the amount of upswing in players they might see during the event. Plus, if there is an opt out, and people use it by mistake/forget to use it, how much added ticket volume will it generate?

I'm not opposed to having some way to turn it off, but if it happens or not is a business decision based on the effort of an opt out vs. the rarity of the event vs. the amount of upswing in players they might see during the event. Plus, if there is an opt out, and people use it by mistake/forget to use it, how much added ticket volume will it generate?

Just have it enabled as default and the only players who would go looking for the toggle on/off would be the ones who don't want it on.Could even bring up a warning message to say it's off if you log back out then back in (like the MOTD in guilds).

Hi,

they put way more work into the leveling phase than in recent end-game content, so why do they want us to skip it ??

Even without the double xp I'm always 3 to 4 level above the missions and when a double Xp week end arrives, I just have to play an other game... which is sad and not cool.

You don't have to do anything. You choose to do so.

W.tf people ??

are you gonna work on that project ? Will an option to deactivate XP impact you in ANY way ??

I don't think so.

It's not like if I was asking to get a bonus for something. This will not change your way to play the game AT ALL.

what is wrong with you. Are you that bored ?

if you like to play only End game it's your choice and what you like.

But some people also like to do the full story, with all sides quests to get all the lore and knowledge possible. It's the first RPG I play where I have too much xp. Obviously they did something wrong here.

An option do disable Xp would make Us happy without influencing your way to play. How can you be against that ? damn you are selfish !

Edited by Nightgard

If you really can't handle the extremely rare double xp weekends you should just not play during them.

It's not like there's going to be a shortage of people running around. You're a really odd person to not like them.

Agreed.

W.tf people ??

are you gonna work on that project ? Will an option to deactivate XP impact you in ANY way ??

I don't think so.

It's not like if I was asking to get a bonus for something. This will not change your way to play the game AT ALL.

what is wrong with you. Are you that bored ?

if you like to play only End game it's your choice and what you like.

But some people also like to do the full story, with all sides quests to get all the lore and knowledge possible. It's the first RPG I play where I have too much xp. Obviously they did something wrong here.

An option do disable Xp would make Us happy without influencing your way to play. How can you be against that ? damn you are selfish !

You're the one asking for special treatment, yet you call us selfish?! Huh...

Well, I don't have much play time and I'm paying for the game. I would like to be able to play it whenever I want without screwing my character. How is it hard to understand ?

You're the one asking for special treatment, yet you call us selfish?! Huh...

"special treatment" that will not impact anybody in a wrong way. You can't call somebody selfish because he's asking something that will ONLY do good....

again, W.tf

"I would like peace in my country" > "you selfish bastard, asking for special treatment !"

Edited by Nightgard

"special treatment" that will not impact anybody in a wrong way. You can't call somebody selfish because he's asking something that will ONLY do good....

again, W.tf

It takes Devs time to program it, time that could be spent on other things that matter to more people. Again, I'm not the one asking for special things added to the game to satisfy my style of play...I take it all as it comes.

It takes Devs time to program it, time that could be spent on other things that matter to more people. Again, I'm not the one asking for special things added to the game to satisfy my style of play...I take it all as it comes.

"time to program it". like 15min to make all RPGs players happy cause they will not need to either SKIP content or play it in ULTRA easy mode because Bioware screwed the XP ?

I'm such a bad personn, really....

But anyway TUXs I'll stop trying to make you understand my point here.

You're the guy who did a post to "BUY class buffs" because you can't enjoy 2 more characters storyline...

My post is about enjoying Storylines. What are you even doing here

Edited by Nightgard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.