Endowment Gear?

Lupious

I have 36 186 recipes open for light armor. Not a single one is "Endowment." Today, someone put up 3-4 different pieces of Endowment gear. What in the world? Is it new? I mean, if it was always available to be reverse engineered from the normal methods, I would have thought I would have opened up at least one out of the 36 recipes I've unlocked. I also would have thought I would have seen it on the GTN before now. I check the GTN 3-5x a day minimum for light armor (as I'm selling it), and I've never seen an Endowment piece before today. Really curious.

One such piece is Endowment Ruusan Force Expert Vestments:

231 Endurance

222 Willpower

84 Power

27 Crit

102 Surge

Sooo, it has the same stat pools as the other pieces, just spread differently of course.

Edited by Lupious

The Way of Endowment is (for 56-60 items):

Base Green -> Blue Fervor -> Purple Endowment.

The new items are *not* intuitive -- purples no longer add to blues, they add to greens. So a Blue Fervor item adds Crit and Accuracy to a green. However, if you RE the Blue Fervor item, you can get the Purple Endowment version which adds Crit and Srg to the base green; the Accuracy from the Blue Fervor is lost. Basically, it goes like this:

Green (Base) -> Expert (Pow,Srg), Fervor (Crit, Acc), or Veracity (Shield, Def)

Blue Expert -> Purple Expert (Pow, Srg), Hawkeye (Pow, Acc), or Vehemence (Pow, Ala)

Blue Fervor -> Purple Endowment (Crit, Srg), Fervor (Crit, Acc), or Supremacy (Crit, Ala)

Blue Veractity -> Purple Shielded (Abs, Shield) or Veracity (Def, Shield)

Most people prefer "pure" purples -- i.e., ones that don't add stats that the original green did\n't have. I don't bother with static stat armor, so I'm not sure what your options are.

Edited by eartharioch

I have 36 186 recipes open for light armor. Not a single one is "Endowment." Today, someone put up 3-4 different pieces of Endowment gear. What in the world? Is it new? I mean, if it was always available to be reverse engineered from the normal methods, I would have thought I would have opened up at least one out of the 36 recipes I've unlocked. I also would have thought I would have seen it on the GTN before now. I check the GTN 3-5x a day minimum for light armor (as I'm selling it), and I've never seen an Endowment piece before today. Really curious.

One such piece is Endowment Ruusan Force Expert Vestments:

231 Endurance

222 Willpower

84 Power

27 Crit

102 Surge

Sooo, it has the same stat pools as the other pieces, just spread differently of course.

THat looks horrible, why would you want to sell that?

Most people prefer "pure" purples -- i.e., ones that don't add stats that the original green did\n't have. I don't bother with static stat armor, so I'm not sure what your options are.

Just to focus in on this piece here: greens that translate to purple endowment the best are one's with crit/surge as their secondary stats.

THat looks horrible, why would you want to sell that?

Because the "pure" items are:

• Accuracy/Power
  • Power/Alacrity
  • Crit/Surge
  • Defense/Shield

So if someone is looking for a Power/Surge item (as the OP details) they are going to have to sacrifice some power and surge and those points will be dropped into accuracy, alacrity, or crit. Besides power/surge/crit is not TERRIBLE for a healer.

Just to focus in on this piece here: greens that translate to purple endowment the best are one's with crit/surge as their secondary stats.

Because the "pure" items are:

• Accuracy/Power
  • Power/Alacrity
  • Crit/Surge
  • Defense/Shield

So if someone is looking for a Power/Surge item (as the OP details) they are going to have to sacrifice some power and surge and those points will be dropped into accuracy, alacrity, or crit. Besides power/surge/crit is not TERRIBLE for a healer.

That's not the real issue. When I said 'most people prefer pure purples", I probably should have said that non-crafted endgame gear only comes in pure forms. SInce crafted gear caps out at 186, and you can get comm and token gear (in pure forms only) at 192 and 198 (and probably soon, 204), there is a very small window where "impure" 186 gear could be optimal.

FYI, I've only worked with Earpieces and Implants in the new stuff, so I don't know what base green gear is on armor and weapons (which is what I think the OP was crafting). If there is a Pow/Srg piece, you could get it by going green -> Blue (Expert) -> Purple (Expert). Again, I know thare are no appropriate base green earpieces or implants, but I don't know about other pieces.

Furthermore, even within that window, the "noise" difference between using multiple split-stat pieces and pure pieces is "likely" to be less than the noise from ability delay, lag, fps, and player execution errors. So, even if you could calculate a theoretically "better" distribution (within your 186 pieces), it's unlikely you'd be able to verify it. And the people who can calculate *and* make use of any such optimization probably make their own gear and don't wait to find it for sale on the GTN.

So, if you're crafting for yourself and get a purple with all usable stats, make it and use it. You won't likely notice a difference. If you *need* a piece of 186 gear and are short on creds, just buy the cheapest that has all stats that you can use because you'll be upgrading before you could probably notice the difference.

If you're crafting to make money and get an "impure" schem, ignore it and keep REing for pure ones unless you need the credits so badly in the short time it will take to get the better selling schem that you'd be offering ERP service in the Fleet hangar bay otherwise. Seriously, it's one thing to learn an impure schem, it's another thing to actually make it.

Edited by eartharioch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.