Guard needs to be locked to tank disciples

kvandertulip

Skanktanks are as*holes.

Sure, as long as heals are locked to the heal discipline. I have seen dps scoundrels doing 1k dps and 1k hps, same with sorcs, actually I love skank healing on my sorc. Oh and as long as the cloak out and heal b******t is removed aswell.

Skanktanks are as*holes.

I have to agree... Even though I often switch to tanking on my Sin/Shadow if the Ball Carrier needs protection in Hutt Ball

If Bio really wanted to get rid of Hybrids then they need to bite the bullet and do so properly

Remove tanking for dps classes, plus taunts

Nerf pure healing classes dps output a bit...

Make dps classes that can heal only be able to self heal and not heal others

We could then have 3 distinct categories pure dps, pure tank, pure heals... And no hybrids

Now I don't know if that's good for the game or not... But Bio are being a bit hypocritical if they say they don't want hybrids or that they have removed them... Obvioulsy they haven't

Are you dense?

Vanguard, Shadow and Guardian guards are locked to tank stance.

Tank stance lowers DPS by 10%

What the hell more do you want? A "Kill everyone and give me all the gear" button?

I think he wants pure classes... Not hybrids... Lots of people mixing armor and stances to make hybrids...

A bigger issue is why some classes (and by some classes I mean Juggs/Guardians) can skank tank much more easily than the others.

Both PT and Assassins need their stances for resource management, so skank tanking means they lose more like half their DPS—basically becoming underpowered tanks. Meanwhile Juggs lose Unstoppable by switching to Soresu, which is a noticeable loss, but nowhere near as essential as having resources so you can activate abilities.

This is why almost all skank tanks are Juggs—it doesn't provide as much of an advantage for the other classes. There's an obvious solution, too....

Edited by MiaowZedong

A bigger issue is why some classes (and by some classes I mean Juggs/Guardians) can skank tank much more easily than the others.

Both PT and Assassins need their stances for resource management, so skank tanking means they lose more like half their DPS—basically becoming underpowered tanks. Meanwhile Juggs lose Unstoppable by switching to Soresu, which is a noticeable loss, but nowhere near as essential as having resources so you can activate abilities.

This is why almost all skank tanks are Juggs—it doesn't provide as much of an advantage for the other classes. There's an obvious solution, too....

Pretty much exactly this.

Skank tanks are pointless since 3.0.

Its around a 30% dps loss,you lose procs and certain discipline tied utilites.You are just hurting your team imo.

A dps that focuses on taunting on cd could pull maybe 30k prot in dps vs dps games,a tank could possible do 70-80k with dps gear and die doing terrible dmg...

Nerf juggs! 2 juggs in top 50 too much! They h2f, skanktank and make me pay! BW please nerf them!

EH???? Vengeance without Shien will run out of rage and end up using Assault very quickly. Rage without Shii-Cho can't proc Shockwave nor the extra 6 rage from Enrage... They will run out of rage even quicker than Vengeance.... And they gain less rage from Sundering.

Why is it an issue when they do not start out with any resource? Assassins have 100 force at the start whereas Juggs have to build rage. You can't take away what they didn't have in the first place. OR can you?

Edited by Yezzan

EH???? Vengeance without Shien will run out of rage and end up using Assault very quickly. Rage without Shii-Cho can't proc Shockwave nor the extra 6 rage from Enrage... They will run out of rage even quicker than Vengeance.... And they gain less rage from Sundering.

Not with Endless Rage proc'ing on its ICD and using Force Charge, Force Choke and Force Push much more often than in PvE (and even Vengeful Slam tends to be more frequent in PvP). I'm not talking about Rage, it's a much rarer spec in PvP. But the Vengeance rotation is designed to be sustainable with 0 Endless Rage procs, 1 Force Charge per fight, 0 Force Chokes and not using Force Push either. If you were to use Soresu in PvE you'd kill your rotation but in PvP it's fine because you're overflowing with Rage anyway.

I don't actually mind skank tanking, but it's rather odd that BW "killed" skank tanking by tying the entire rotations of DPS specs to their stance...except for Vengeance, that is still useable in Soresu (in PvP).

Edited by MiaowZedong

*fishhead wakes up*

"Hey, what if I was pointlessly QQing today ! Let's say anything, like... Ah yeah, guard, that's a really relevant point, then I can say BW is just doing crap anytime, what a moreon bait, and I sure get the really few clever ppl in there state how my QQ was meeaaannnn and except maybe for a few dps Juggs/Guardians guarding is only situationnal and will ruin their game. Ahah, complaining about ppl ruining their own game, and that's like 0,000001% games but I'll hook this guy spinning round in his cage for Beta and that stoopid with lekus who QQs about anything in any post anyway, let's troll !"

It's a trap !:D

Nice troll man... fish, 10/10

Vengeance and vengeance ONLY can do fine in tank stance, nervermind the 10% since you can sustain a bit more and still get a real pressure, but man, if your heal/mate is tunneled/focused and you guard him that's two dead players, and even with hots on your mates will have to choose between presuring on their own or "rescuing" you at the risk of being under fire meanwhile anyway. Once again, slightly less with Guardians/Juggs whose heal doesn't depend on % or dots/actions you can easily counter, but for now, at the very beginning of the - vey short - season since it's all about it, how many Juggs will you see ?

You're trying to tell us that hybrid is back, but it's not, and even when you could hybrid EVERYBODY was. FOTM hybrid, you tell me, now we get FOTM pure class, mostly because people can't break it since nobody has played Hatred for 3 years. Guard is for <60 PU mainly, and it's cool, even cooler to see people doing anything with it while you keep your game going by knowing how to use it.

Who the hell cares if some moreons trick their ranking in a season anybody cares anyway, mostly when you just have to check the channels/friend list to trick it already ?

Nice troll bait, still :p

Edited by galaadswtor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.