Jedi Consular class quest on Rishi

Preston_Violent

While you're preparing yourself for making your holcoron you hear voices from the past and future and the last one you hear is Iresso saying "You were the best I ever knew. Goodbye, Jedi". Anybody thinks it's a hint at some point in future story arcs where jedi consular loses at least one of their companions and for come reason it's Iresso that either has to abandon your crew or die (sacrifice himself for something)? I kinda like him and wouldn't want him to :confused:

It might be how the Jedi Consular and his crew faces his death. For all we know, the game might "end" with the characters dying, and then if we're truelly lucky a SWTOR 2 will emerge! But I doubt that.

If's likely that at least one of the JC's companions dies before the game is over. And it's not impossible that the JC himself dies as well. Well, it's clear that he'll die one day, but it's not impossible that he dies "in the final scene" of the game.

Furthermore; If Bioware don't want their game to end up "ruined", then they'll have to call it to an end sooner rather than later. They now the the plot with the Emperor, but how long can they drag it out? Also, a finale is supposed to be epic, grande, or whatever word you'd use. Hence, they can't make a "worse threat" than him, nor can they make a more interesting "villain". I don't see the Emperor lasting for more than two expansions. One great might be the best, but I'm sure they could split it up. At most, three might work, and that's at most. And that's likely how the game will end. With the Emperor dead, or banished or what not. And maybe the JC dies with him, we don't know the faith of the PCs. Maybe he sacrifices himself to shield everyone, or maybe even shield the emperor and kill him, dying as well, like the first Jedi that shielded the Jedi from the plague and died due to the defence taking too much of his energy. Would've made sense tbh.

At least that's my personal opinion.

It might be how the Jedi Consular and his crew faces his death. For all we know, the game might "end" with the characters dying, and then if we're truelly lucky a SWTOR 2 will emerge! But I doubt that.

If's likely that at least one of the JC's companions dies before the game is over. And it's not impossible that the JC himself dies as well. Well, it's clear that he'll die one day, but it's not impossible that he dies "in the final scene" of the game.

Furthermore; If Bioware don't want their game to end up "ruined", then they'll have to call it to an end sooner rather than later. They now the the plot with the Emperor, but how long can they drag it out? Also, a finale is supposed to be epic, grande, or whatever word you'd use. Hence, they can't make a "worse threat" than him, nor can they make a more interesting "villain". I don't see the Emperor lasting for more than two expansions. One great might be the best, but I'm sure they could split it up. At most, three might work, and that's at most. And that's likely how the game will end. With the Emperor dead, or banished or what not. And maybe the JC dies with him, we don't know the faith of the PCs. Maybe he sacrifices himself to shield everyone, or maybe even shield the emperor and kill him, dying as well, like the first Jedi that shielded the Jedi from the plague and died due to the defence taking too much of his energy. Would've made sense tbh.

At least that's my personal opinion.

You make too many valid points and I already hate them all... :) Yeah, looks like once the Emperor is dealt with, no matter how many expansions it'll take, it'll be time for SWTOR 2. Or maybe not, who knows. I recall all the backlash BW got when the ME3 script leaked, how filled with companions' deaths it was and how they kinda had to change it for the final release. There's hoping that BW learned something from the Mass Effect 3 ending, gosh why can't happy end be one of the options?

Bounty hunter story: death on almost every location, starting with Hutta and the meanest death of a kid / teenager, Mako's friend, on Nar Shadaa slaughtered by droids, and more after that. Sith inquisitor watching that cool dude (story npc, forgot his name) being killed on Alderaan by a jedi at the end of the class story, not making it on time to save apprentices on Quesh... really hate this stuff when you have no choice. Wouldn't want to turn out right about SWTOR just based on that one Iresso line which could be nothing or could be indeed a "spoiler" and in that case, Iresso dying or JC dying, damn it, obviously everyone will die one day but why do we have to watch it in a class story cutscene?

Btw, this is more for a different topic, but since my jedi shadow character is male, hearing something like this kinda leads to think, presuming that was a hint/spoiler, that some sort of SGR thing with existing companions might be implemented in the future. I mean hearing "you were the best I ever knew" from "just a crew buddy"? :rak_01: Edited by Preston_Violent

You make too many valid points and I already hate them all... :) Yeah, looks like once the Emperor is dealt with, no matter how many expansions it'll take, it'll be time for SWTOR 2. Or maybe not, who knows. I recall all the backlash BW got when the ME3 script leaked, how filled with companions' deaths it was and how they kinda had to change it for the final release. There's hoping that BW learned something from the Mass Effect 3 ending, gosh why can't happy end be one of the options?

Bounty hunter story: death on almost every location, starting with Hutta and the meanest death of a kid / teenager, Mako's friend, on Nar Shadaa slaughtered by droids, and more after that. Sith inquisitor watching that cool dude (story npc, forgot his name) being killed on Alderaan by a jedi at the end of the class story, not making it on time to save apprentices on Quesh... really hate this stuff when you have no choice. Wouldn't want to turn out right about SWTOR just based on that one Iresso line which could be nothing or could be indeed a "spoiler" and in that case, Iresso dying or JC dying, damn it, obviously everyone will die one day but why do we have to watch it in a class story cutscene?

Let's hope it's wrong!

But of course, I Would love SWTOR 2. Hands down, it'd be so lovely to "start over" with new characters and new stories.

But it will indeed be painful. Like the Imperial Agent ending as male. I found it to be the most tragic ending in the game, and actually more tragic than most "sad movies" I've seen as well. Was just purely and simply sad. And it'll be even sadder of course to see your own character and possibly companions die with you. That'd just be very, very brutal. Let's hope that I*m mistaken on the "our characters will all die!" theory, which I don't swallow completely but it wouldn't have suprised me. Maybe you're "lucky" and it's just the Companion dying. It will anyways be very, very interesting to see what that line actually meant, and we'll likely see it in the next "big expansiopn", or the one after that.

And yeah it's always sad when your allies/apprentices/friends die and you can't stop it. But I personally enjoy the "sad parts" a bit, it makes it more rewarding once you actually keep your people safe! But that's just me.

It would however I guess make perfect sense to kill of all of the playable characters, then jump ten years ahead and there, new stories and all. But maybe Bioware isn't even planning a SWTOR 2, it's just speculation and all. And it would of course be a bit sad to see "ourselves" die, and all that.

And of course, it's pretty likely that the "spoiler" is just there for show and has no real meaning. We don't really know, to be honest. But it's interesting theories to be sure.

While you're preparing yourself for making your holcoron you hear voices from the past and future and the last one you hear is Iresso saying "You were the best I ever knew. Goodbye, Jedi". Anybody thinks it's a hint at some point in future story arcs where jedi consular loses at least one of their companions and for come reason it's Iresso that either has to abandon your crew or die (sacrifice himself for something)? I kinda like him and wouldn't want him to :confused:

I'm pretty sure Master whatsisname says that Iresso will die taking down some Sith Lord, but that said Sith Lord's descendant will ultimately be redeemed by your holocron.

Let's hope it's wrong!

And yeah it's always sad when your allies/apprentices/friends die and you can't stop it. But I personally enjoy the "sad parts" a bit, it makes it more rewarding once you actually keep your people safe! But that's just me.

Yep, the real sad part is though when you can't save anyone because such choices: save or not, save 1 person you know personally over many (like in the trooper story) aren't there at all. From this perspective class stories are very unbalanced (for example you have such choice as a trooper or as an agent (Chance on Taris) but you don't as a bounty hunter or inquisitor) and given that, this tiny bit of the JC quest on Rishi makes me think that more of that (imo very uncalled for) drama is inbound.

I'm pretty sure Master whatsisname says that Iresso will die taking down some Sith Lord, but that said Sith Lord's descendant will ultimately be redeemed by your holocron.

I believe in vengeance and my holocron will make sure Iresso is avenged :rak_01: And don't forget Zenith, who represents vengeance basially and who's background influence will corrupt your holorcon to a certain extent, no matter how light sided you are ;)

• 2 months later...
Call it for an end? What the hell are you talking about, people? It's an MMO! MMOs don't simply just end like that! If they kill everyone off, that will mean there is no endgame possibility, which no sane MMO dev will allow. If this were an offline single player game, that could've been possible, but this is an MMO. If BW pull off something this insane by the genre's standards, surely they will recieve a negative feedback from users who would like their chars to live on after lvl( whatever max lvl it will be). And as for SWTOR2, they aren't that insane to kill one expensive MMO just to launch another. You guys forget one thing: it's not a single player RPG, and pulling off " rocks fall, everybody dies" won't go unpunished in this business. Personally, I think, even if the Consular( and other characters) are ever to die, they won't die in-game.

Call it for an end? What the hell are you talking about, people? It's an MMO! MMOs don't simply just end like that! If they kill everyone off, that will mean there is no endgame possibility, which no sane MMO dev will allow. If this were an offline single player game, that could've been possible, but this is an MMO. If BW pull off something this insane by the genre's standards, surely they will recieve a negative feedback from users who would like their chars to live on after lvl( whatever max lvl it will be). And as for SWTOR2, they aren't that insane to kill one expensive MMO just to launch another. You guys forget one thing: it's not a single player RPG, and pulling off " rocks fall, everybody dies" won't go unpunished in this business. Personally, I think, even if the Consular( and other characters) are ever to die, they won't die in-game.

Well, the possibility is there my friend. Guild Wars 2.

And I find it very interesting: New Game Engine (better graphics), different mechanics, new stories...

The Emperor has no need to die before the age of Darth Plagueis (according to Wookieepedia), so his plot can be as long as BW want, even with TOR 2. That, of course, would be a detriment for the story's quality. And don't forget KOTOR saga focus on the Emperor plan. When He is finished, it is only a matter of time that his new Sith Empire falls apart and years later the Brotherhood of Darkness takes the replacement.

So, yes, everyone will die someday, and TOR 2 is a possibility that I don't really like at all. The problem with these MMOs is that the story focus on a war that will never end. Alliance and Horde, Republic and Empire, Good and Evil, it doesn't matter. Because if you end it, someone has to win, and someone has to lose. That's why they always put third factions on expansions, because developers want to slow down the war as much as possible for the story-life of the game. And I'm sure no one want to lose at this stage of war. Maybe Republic and Empire citizens can mix together, but Jedi and Sith can't coexist, Democracy and Tirany neither. We are almost sure Republic survives, so Democracy wins (Accept it imperial scum), but we don't know what happen to the rest.

So be careful if you want an end for this game, and for this war, because maybe is not what you expected. (As Mass Effect 3).

And for those cryers of Mass Effect 3's endings: War is cruel, and Shepard needed to die for the good and best ending. With the expansion DLC the end is ok as it is. (:

Edited by lKile

Well, the possibility is there my friend. Guild Wars 2.

And I find it very interesting: New Game Engine (better graphics), different mechanics, new stories...

The Emperor has no need to die before the age of Darth Plagueis (according to Wookieepedia), so his plot can be as long as BW want, even with TOR 2. That, of course, would be a detriment for the story's quality. And don't forget KOTOR saga focus on the Emperor plan. When He is finished, it is only a matter of time that his new Sith Empire falls apart and years later the Brotherhood of Darkness takes the replacement.

So, yes, everyone will die someday, and TOR 2 is a possibility that I don't really like at all. The problem with these MMOs is that the story focus on a war that will never end. Alliance and Horde, Republic and Empire, Good and Evil, it doesn't matter. Because if you end it, someone has to win, and someone has to lose. That's why they always put third factions on expansions, because developers want to slow down the war as much as possible for the story-life of the game. And I'm sure no one want to lose at this stage of war. Maybe Republic and Empire citizens can mix together, but Jedi and Sith can't coexist, Democracy and Tirany neither. We are almost sure Republic survives, so Democracy wins (Accept it imperial scum), but we don't know what happen to the rest.

So be careful if you want an end for this game, and for this war, because maybe is not what you expected. (As Mass Effect 3).

And for those cryers of Mass Effect 3's endings: War is cruel, and Shepard needed to die for the good and best ending. With the expansion DLC the end is ok as it is. (:

Ehm, you realize that is NOT why people were upset with Mass Effect 3`s ending right?

Except for the money it will take. BW already spent too much money to make one cash cow to kill it and make another one. Besides, I don't think the users will approve all the CC they lost if their characters die. Even if that happens, this will be in 5 years at least.

And for ME3: I strongly disagree with you. There should've been an ending where Shepard survived. The endings not only break the core principles of the series( your choices matter) and turned it into a nihilist you can't fight fate story( which I hate) , but also was poorly delivered in the terms of storytelling( the starbrat is a total *** pull, absolutely no forshadowing, and everything is resolved not by your choices, but by a deus ex machina with only 3 options). Let the chance of Shepard surviving be little, let it be solved by a very specific set of circumstances, but leave the chance there to prove the main point: your choices matter. And never put logic aside for the message. The ending makes little sense: it's an *** pulled space magic that is not even explained if possible in this universe! Just try to put some thinking into ending before resolving it that lazily.

• 1 month later...

The writers here kind of painted themselves into a corner. Perhaps they forgot the dangers of creating antagonists that are so powerful they cannot be evaded or defeated. Being a corpse-sickle for 10 years is a good way to preserve the character through an apocalypse.

It is interesting that in the Revan storyline, the consular confers with a wise person and there is a vision of Sarkhai, the home planet of Nadia Grell. It would be interesting to include her planet in some way. To say nothing of the spawn nebula and more about Manaan. A lot of interesting elements that haven't been fleshed out as much as they could be.

Of course, Bioware doesn't have the final say, EA does, and over the past 20 years they have shown a tendency to annoy their player base with discontinued games that were well loved. With the Cartel "$ for nothing" cash cow, perhaps EA won't pull the plug anytime soon.

• 2 months later...
Maybe Iresso's comment happens in the chapter of KotFE where your PC gets carbonized? It sounds like he's saying goodbye to you as he dies, but maybe it's reflecting your 'death'. You order off your companions to escape so they can live, and he says that to you before your demise. And then 5 years later you can laugh about it together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.