Double XP Not Working as Intended?

BoboHut

I am not 100% sure but things don't seem to be adding up. I leveled 16 characters so far from 55-60 before double XP and for every one of them I'd get the legacy class and flashpoint buffs and an XP boost and they had enough rest XP to get to 60. All of the ones that could do the solo alliance flashpoints were at 56.5 after the first 2 flashpoints and close to 58 once they were done with all 4. I just finished the first 2 flashpoints with all those unlocks/buffs and with the double XP and I'm not even at 56.5. My guess is that since there is a note now that says that rest XP is not applied during double XP, I'm getting basically the same XP I have been getting for all my toons from 55-60.

So, is it really suppose to be this way? I've been waiting to finish off my last 6 from 55-60 for double XP weekend but if Double XP = Rest XP, then I guess I'll pretend this event is not happening and I'll slowly level my last 6 as I get bored.

Well, rested xp is only consumed via kills, quest xp doesn't consume it.

Even considering that, I should have more Xp with double XP since it would give the extra XP from kills like rest XP AND the extra XP buff from the missions. Maybe its just not much of a difference in the flashpoints or something so I should skip those with double XP and go straight to Rishii. IDK, I guess it just seems like all other XP events in the past were very noticeable on the extra XP and this one is not.

Even considering that, I should have more Xp with double XP since it would give the extra XP from kills like rest XP AND the extra XP buff from the missions. Maybe its just not much of a difference in the flashpoints or something so I should skip those with double XP and go straight to Rishii. IDK, I guess it just seems like all other XP events in the past were very noticeable on the extra XP and this one is not.

I did 12 toons on 55-60 now and in this DOUBLE XP weekend i see ZERO increase in XP when doing the Revan prelude flashpoints, i know EXACTY what the different mobs give as i have done them too many time to count now, anmd i get EXACTLY same amoutn of xp per different type of mob as bvefore the double XP weekend,

DOuble XP is NOT working for me at least, probably another BIOBUG MEGAFAIL :rolleyes:

Edited by Rheemus

Folks do need to remember that if they were working with rested XP before, the kill xp under 2X is going to look exactly the same, as it REPLACES rested XP for the event.

The place where a difference will be noticed is mission rewards.

That's right. I remember now... because you're effectively working with the same double XP you would get as if you were working with rested XP. During the double XP event, they set your XP to a rested state.

I'm usually always working in a rested state anyway so I didn't think about that.

Edited by btmart

Folks do need to remember that if they were working with rested XP before, the kill xp under 2X is going to look exactly the same, as it REPLACES rested XP for the event.

The place where a difference will be noticed is mission rewards.

Well, we did discuss that. The problem I'm having is I don't remember double XP not applying rest XP before. I'm sure it may have been the case, but I could have sworn it was not. Either way, Double XP is not appealing at all if you have rest XP and are doing the flashpoints. What will be appealing is doing the plethora of missions after the Forged Alliance flashpoints.

I too was disappointed since all my toons have about a levels worth of rested I thought I'd be blowing it away this weekend, then saw the tooltip saying rest was not consumed during the event and cried a little. Then started clearing the fog of war cause that was giving mad XP compared to killing mobs. :p

Well, we did discuss that. The problem I'm having is I don't remember double XP not applying rest XP before. I'm sure it may have been the case, but I could have sworn it was not. Either way, Double XP is not appealing at all if you have rest XP and are doing the flashpoints. What will be appealing is doing the plethora of missions after the Forged Alliance flashpoints.

Rest exp has always been switched off for double exp weekends, source my 22+ alts

Rested XP doesn't work during double xp weekends.

HOWEVER, double xp will work as if you had infinite rested XP.

So yeah, in those flashpoints, you'll see the same reward from enemies as if you had rested xp.

But the mission rewards will be doubled.

Which is why most are actually running planetary and class missions instead of flashpoints.

But if you want to grind KDY, now is the time as you'll effectively have infinite rested xp.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

As far as I recall, double XP has always only counted on mission turn ins.

Not true, every single type of XP was always double, except for rest & legacy XP.

Maybe they intentionally did this to keep 55-60 from taking an hour? Not sure... I seem to be leveling at a regular pace with a lower level character, haven't tried my 55+s yet.

That's right. I remember now... because you're effectively working with the same double XP you would get as if you were working with rested XP. During the double XP event, they set your XP to a rested state.

I'm usually always working in a rested state anyway so I didn't think about that.

This confusion was already a pretty big deal for people a while back but it was all centered around KDY last time. People were certain that double xp was broken in KDY and wasn't working right in there... And what it eventually came down to was this same point about forgetting that those who usually have rest xp are used to seeing doubled numbers on kills anyway.

Mission turn-ins are definitely where it's at when double xp is running. Some turn-ins at the higher levels (50+) already give a nice 30k or 40k or 50k or however much xp without double xp going on. So with double xp you can be looking at 60k or 80k or 100k or however much getting dropped on you in one massive chunk at each turn-in. Makes it kind of silly to worry about the difference between whether a single kill should have been worth 250 xp or 500 xp. (Or whatever those numbers usually look like. I think that's about the right range in most cases. Honestly, I almost never pay attention to the xp I get on every little kill anyway.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.