Harassment in PVP

DartDaya

I'm trying to get my daily/weekly ranked warzone missions done on all of my alts...but I don't have any pvp gear on most of them. Every time I join a ranked warzone I get hurled abuse. Are PVP people really this aggressive?

I just wanna get my dailies done.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to get my daily/weekly ranked warzone missions done on all of my alts...but I don't have any pvp gear on most of them. Every time I join a ranked warzone I get hurled abuse. Are PVP people really this aggressive?

This is why we can't have nice ratings.

If I am on a toon thats less than geared i get the same flack. However i usually make my team pay for it in the end. They either learn to be nice or suffer. Then i join more games to make them suffer all week, unless they are really bad then i join whenever i see them online. Since when did it ever pay to be a dbag. I am one only because u dbags think u are tough on the internet and that only you should be allowed to pvp. Let me know how thats working out for you....

i'm trying to get my daily/weekly ranked warzone missions done on all of my alts...but i don't have any pvp gear on most of them. Every time i join a ranked warzone i get hurled abuse. Are pvp people really this aggressive?

10/10

Edited by LeglessChair

I'm entirely serious. Ranked warzone dailies/weeklies require you to WIN. But it's hard for me because I don't have much PVP gear on all of my alts. I'm gonna be queuing a lot of warzones just to get my dailies done.

So stop doing the dailies on toons that aren't equipped to do them properly. You are not entitled to doing dailies at the expense of other people losing over and over again and getting carried to your wins.

Do I come in to your level 60 hardmode flashpoints/operations with level 50 green gear without even basic knowledge about mob aggro and cause you to wipe over and over and over and over? No. If I was going to do hardmode operations with other people, I would make sure I had equipped a proper starter set by doing flashpoints/farming basic comms just like everyone else does. Go get a starter set of PVP gear from doing regular wz's before you do ranked q's. It's simple. You are not entitled to the ranked daily rewards. If you aren't willing to put in the prep to do it properly, then don't do it. That's a daily you're just gonna have to skip.

Edited by DrWeebs

Do I come in to your level 60 hardmode flashpoints/operations with level 50 green gear and cause you to wipe over and over and over and over?

If you came into a flashpoint with me with level 50 green gear i would be fine with it because i know exactly which bosses we're up against and i know the tactics in order to win. the bosses are the same for everybody.

but if u deliberately caused us to wipe then it would be annoying, but that's not what im doing in ranked, im doing my best to win.

Good for you. I say more power to you. That said, it is definitely going to be an uphill battle finishing the ranked daily and weekly without much pvp gear. If you really want to go for it, make sure like the previous poster said, that you put on 162 gear (nothing rated higher than that). That will help you with bolster and make you a bit more competitive. Also, I would recommend at the same time doing the unranked dailies and weeklies. If you keep at those, you'll get unranked gear pretty quickly, which should tamper down on the nastiness.

That said, it is ranked, and at the beginning of a season, and really during a season, nastiness increases 10 fold. You are perfectly within your rights to queue for it if you want. If you decide to keep at it, despite the uphill climb of finishing the dailies, then my last suggestion would be to switch chat channels off of General, to something else, essentially to "mute" out the other players. That way they can rail on you until the cows come home and you will remain blissfully unaware, just doing your thing.

Good luck.

If you came into a flashpoint with me with level 50 green gear i would be fine with it because i know exactly which bosses we're up against and i know the tactics in order to win. the bosses are the same for everybody.

but if u deliberately caused us to wipe then it would be annoying, but that's not what im doing in ranked, im doing my best to win.

Forget the semantics. If I came in with gear that made it next to impossible for the group to finish the FP/Op, that would be really crappy to everyone else there. That is exactly what you are doing when you come into a ranked match where everyone has 174 ranked pieces + augments, and you have no expertise. You get globaled and the rest of us are left 3v4. GO GEAR UP FIRST. STOP BEING A WHINY SELFISH ENTITLED ****

Good for you. I say more power to you. That said, it is definitely going to be an uphill battle finishing the ranked daily and weekly without much pvp gear. If you really want to go for it, make sure like the previous poster said, that you put on 162 gear (nothing rated higher than that). That will help you with bolster and make you a bit more competitive. Also, I would recommend at the same time doing the unranked dailies and weeklies. If you keep at those, you'll get unranked gear pretty quickly, which should tamper down on the nastiness.

That said, it is ranked, and at the beginning of a season, and really during a season, nastiness increases 10 fold. You are perfectly within your rights to queue for it if you want. If you decide to keep at it, despite the uphill climb of finishing the dailies, then my last suggestion would be to switch chat channels off of General, to something else, essentially to "mute" out the other players. That way they can rail on you until the cows come home and you will remain blissfully unaware, just doing your thing.

Good luck.

Wrong. The answer is get a starter set from regular warzones like the rest of us did. Period.

Forget the semantics. If I came in with gear that made it next to impossible for the group to finish the FP/Op, that would be really crappy to everyone else there. That is exactly what you are doing when you come into a ranked match where everyone has 174 ranked pieces + augments, and you have no expertise. You get globaled and the rest of us are left 3v4. GO GEAR UP FIRST. STOP BEING A WHINY SELFISH ENTITLED ****

PVPers are really aggressive. i'm just trying to get my dailies done. damn.

Ask yourself this:

Is my EXP over 1900 when I zone in?

Is my main stat over 3000 when I zone in?

Is my HP over 41000 when I zone in?

I can't excuse harrassment for poor play, but if you aren't even close to being at those levels.when you and zone in, you shouldn't be in the que. Plus you need reg comms and reg gear to get ranked gear. You are pretty much asking people to carry you. That's not being a responsible teammate, so if you are going to troll them, you shouldn't come here QQing about them trolling you...

Ask yourself this:

Is my EXP over 1900 when I zone in?

Is my main stat over 3000 when I zone in?

Is my HP over 41000 when I zone in?

I can't excuse harrassment for poor play, but if you aren't even close to being at those levels.when you and zone in, you shouldn't be in the que. Plus you need reg comms and reg gear to get ranked gear. You are pretty much asking people to carry you. That's not being a responsible teammate, so if you are going to troll them, you shouldn't come here QQing about them trolling you...

I didn't realise trying to get my dailies done = trolling.

i'm just trying to get my dailies done. damn.

Then do your unranked dailies. When you have a full pvp gear, go ranked.

Don't expect other players to carry you.

And by the way, joining ranked match and causing your team to lose because you don't have pvp gear is selfish in my opinion.

Edited by Arasnos

PVPers are really aggressive. i'm just trying to get my dailies done. damn.

Some dailies are not for everyone. Like I said, I don't do PVE dailies I'm not equipped for. There are general gear recommendations for operations, for example. People in level 55 greens on their 3rd alt don't q for the hardest end-game operations.

The difference in even just a starter set of PVP gear vs. PVE gear is humongous. It takes 12,500 comms to get a starter set of PVP gear. Go do regs first, just like I'll do FP's/basic comms before I enter any HM operations.

Ranked PVP is a competition for rating and its only 4v4, so if one person is in PVE's and hits like a noodle and takes hits like paper mache, its already over. Any good team will see your HP and focus/global you and then its 3v4 almost at the start.

Just because a daily quest exists in group content does not mean you are entitled to its rewards, especially when it requires a huge sacrifice from all of the other group members.

Edited by DrWeebs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.