Improved Mounting!

Sarfux

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone over the Legacy panels several times. Where is this feature please?

PS.. I have poor vision, I may just be missing it. Knowing where to find it would be helpful.

Legacy -> Global Unlocks -> Other -> Bottom Right-ish (might be more towards the middle rather than bottom)

I don't begrudge other players for enjoying this, but IMO the cost/benefit ratio is just way off. I'd probably still get it, if I was rich ingame but alas I'm not and never will be.

"and never will be"...

Well that's your problem right there.

If you don't think you'll ever be able to amass any money, then you won't.

Personally, I can make a couple of million each week without even looking at the dailies.

But if you can't (or rather, won't) craft or do Ops, then Dailies will easily give you 2 million in a few days.

One day if you really set your mind to it and you have a few alts.

What people often do wrong when they try to make money on dailies (or try to disprove someone saying that you can make alot of money on dailies) is that they try to do ALL the dailies on one toon.

What you should do is run the fastest (or rather most cost-efficient, as in most money per minute) dailies on a couple of alts.

That'll easily net you over 500k per hour.

"and never will be"...

Well that's your problem right there.

If you don't think you'll ever be able to amass any money, then you won't.

Personally, I can make a couple of million each week without even looking at the dailies.

But if you can't (or rather, won't) craft or do Ops, then Dailies will easily give you 2 million in a few days.

One day if you really set your mind to it and you have a few alts.

What people often do wrong when they try to make money on dailies (or try to disprove someone saying that you can make alot of money on dailies) is that they try to do ALL the dailies on one toon.

What you should do is run the fastest (or rather most cost-efficient, as in most money per minute) dailies on a couple of alts.

That'll easily net you over 500k per hour.

Sure, I never said that it was hard to make money or that I didn't know how to. It's entirely on me.

I just don't enjoy any of the activities that provide a steady income(dailies, crafting, sitting infront of the GTN) and I don't do OPs regularly enough to get much out of it. About 85% of my time is spent out questing in the 1-50 range and most of my money is spent on buying outfits for my current alts and getting them fully augmented once they reach 60.

Even then, I don't consider 2mil to be much money, I always have at least that much, likely more, I just consider it too much for the benefits this unlock provides.

It's too much for what should have been a QoL change.

MMO's have been charging a large amount of in game currency, or requiring extremely hard content be completed , for very minor improvements to mounting for over a decade now, BioWare is hardly a trendsetter here.

It's a fluffy credit sink, if you don't think its worth it, don't buy it.

Because stopping for one second to mount up is so hard amirite?

For me its mental. For some reason coming to a full stop when I want to activate my mount is unnatural. I'm too used to the rocket boost method of hitting it while running. At least once a day I get the 'cannot activate while moving' message. There is no small change I wanted in this game more.

About 85% of my time is spent out questing in the 1-50 range and most of my money is spent on buying outfits for my current alts and getting them fully augmented once they reach 60.

Even then, I don't consider 2mil to be much money, I always have at least that much, likely more, I just consider it too much for the benefits this unlock provides.

Well there you go. You have made your choice. Those who bought it have made theirs( I bought it). If it's not 2 million creds worth of important to you, then it's not.

It's not worth a single credit to shave 0.5 seconds off mounting, and never will be -- especially when big chunks of content don't allow mounting even if you're outdoors.

Frankly, anyone who paid for this got suckered, and is just encouraging Bioware to continue charging for trifles.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

It's too much for what should have been a QoL change.

Although I agree with Sarfux that it's a great ability, I am also 100% in agreement with you Djiini. This should have been a game tweak, not a purchasable perk. It's a minor tweak to an absolutely basic and core mechanic. It improves the flow of the game from 1-60, for new players and old, and feels natural to use...it absolutely should have been a QoL update given how absolutely basic this skill is.

Original:

It's not worth a single credit to shave 0.5 seconds off mounting, and never will be -- especially when big chunks of content don't allow mounting even if you're outdoors.

Frankly, anyone who paid for this got suckered, and is just encouraging Bioware to continue charging for trifles.

Fixed:

It's not worth a single credit to me to shave 0.5 seconds off mounting, and for me it never will be -- especially when big chunks of content don't allow mounting even if you're outdoors.

Frankly, it is my opinion that anyone who paid for this got suckered, and I think that it is just encouraging Bioware to continue charging for trifles.

Edited to make sure Max doesn't feel he is being "misquoted"

Edited by azudelphi

Well there you go. You have made your choice. Those who bought it have made theirs( I bought it). If it's not 2 million creds worth of important to you, then it's not.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to state the obvious, but yes, this is correct and reflects my opinion on the unlock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.