How does one get a Holostatue to train?

otterscrubber

I see them available in the GTN for ridiculous prices, but can they not be purchased some other way? I have reactivated an old account that has not been active since before holostatues were available. I’m not sure if the expansions were purchased for this account, would purchasing them then provide a holostatue for all the characters on that account?

I see them available in the GTN for ridiculous prices, but can they not be purchased some other way? I have reactivated an old account that has not been active since before holostatues were available. I’m not sure if the expansions were purchased for this account, would purchasing them then provide a holostatue for all the characters on that account?

The Satele Shan and Darth Malgus holo statues can be purchased from the rep vendors in the Cartel Bazzar, if you have enough rep with them. Otherwise they can be found in the older packs long gone, but that come back from time to time, or for several million each on the GTN.

Go find a slot machine, max rep, then proceed to the rep vendor to buy one. I believe it takes 2 or 3 certificates and credits.

It's definitely worth having when you are leveling.

Ok, thanks, was hoping to be able to just upgrade to the latest expansion and get it int he mail, but looks like only if I pre-ordered.

I will hit up the cartel bazaar, do I have to do the for each toon or once I buy one is it in my “collections”?

You can unlock them in collections for CC.

For Malgus/Bastilla this assumes also you have the cartel certificates and reputation required.

You need 4 certificates and 4 packs of these are going to set you back 1 million minimum on my server ( and that's buying the cheapest packs possible which won't give you the rep you need ) and I bet you would be lucky if you get 1 cert from the 4 packs. More likely you would need 15-20 and then a few packs from the contraband packs to actually get the rep you need.

Of course if you already have the rep and 4 certs then sweet you're sorted. Many people have certs now from the pre-nerf slot machine.

If not you are better paying GTN prices than trying to get the certs/rep just to buy 1 item like this ( although whilst chasing the certs you could get some nice drops to sell on to make up for what you spend on packs, it is gambling after all ) - other option is buying the crime lord cartel pack and hoping to get lucky but these too are pretty rare though I saw a few under 400K the other day.

When I was selling the statues I was getting between 2 - 2.5 million though they could be worth more or less now. I have one in storage to sell at some point since the price has dropped to 1.6 million when I was looking to sell it and I know it would go higher so I put it away for awhile. :)

On that tangent, it is not gambling. You have no chance to lose. You pay money, you get a virtual product, a pack of goodies which may or may not contain what you want.

how many times can this be discussed before we finally can stop having the conversation. is this where we start the argument of "chance, gambling, game, risk" and every other argument we've been making over the last 2+ years since CM was introduced.

we could sticky every conversation we ever did on this on the front page in bold font (in a font recognizable by FF that is). and people STILL would make wild statements to fit their argument for "money grabbing" or whatever narrative they are trying to make.

So to sum up:

Hutt holostatue: Available only if you pre-ordered RotHC.

Satele/Malgus holostatues: Available in shipment 1 packs or from the corresponding Cartel Rep vendor.

Purchasing from the rep vendors requires a minimum reputation as well as Cartel Certificates.

Keep in mind that the Satele/Malgus statues are faction-specific and will not train opposite-faction characters.

On that tangent, it is not gambling. You have no chance to lose. You pay money, you get a virtual product, a pack of goodies which may or may not contain what you want.

I guess I was more referring to how I use them. I pay 400K for a pack and get 200K worth of items I've effectively lost in my eyes. Although of course that 200K is varying in value over time and could go down or up but I do tend to buy older packs to avoid filling my stronghold with junk I need to wait to go up in value so if it's a loss of a pack when I buy it it's generally not going to increase in value.

Same could be said of people who buy tons of packs hunting 1 certain item ( not the best way to go about getting an item imo ) which is also in a way gambling on the odds of that drop vs the cost you paid ( trying to get it cheaper than GTN I assume? ).

Note I'm purely talking using in game credits here. I don't think the gambling logic applies to real world money as you were never gambling since you can't effectively win back real world money. It's an exchange of real world money for either mystery virtual items ando/or credits. Thus in my view "virtual" gambling may be a better description. :)

I don't believe there is any one intended use for the packs and it's each to their own.

As a side note buying a bunch ( 5+ ) of embargoed packs at a time I almost never make a loss. Only buying the 1 off packs to fill a gap in inventory where I might get 2 crappy drops that are low value but it is usually rare.

how many times can this be discussed before we finally can stop having the conversation. is this where we start the argument of "chance, gambling, game, risk" and every other argument we've been making over the last 2+ years since CM was introduced.

we could sticky every conversation we ever did on this on the front page in bold font (in a font recognizable by FF that is). and people STILL would make wild statements to fit their argument for "money grabbing" or whatever narrative they are trying to make.

As many times as people feel like discussing it or until moderators ban the topic. I don't see the later happening so deal with it and maybe ignore topics that may discuss such things if they seem to annoy you as this has?

Also not everyone has participated in said debates previously and if everyone had thought such a debate was a waste of time or tired then noone would post about it and said debate wouldn't exist to begin with. ;)

• 5 years later...
They work, they do things, they don't sit on their *** and expect them to be handed to them..... Well, at least most of us do :rolleyes:

Like Tergon says here ^^. Work hard and you can have nice things too. I made a Billion credits from crating last month. And I’m not talking about augments or anything related to augments.

I can buy anything I want on the GTN. But I’m also a cheap skate and don’t spend my credits on myself. I spent 300 mil on my wife last week,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

They work, they do things, they don't sit on their *** and expect them to be handed to them..... Well, at least most of us do :rolleyes:

I have the doctor and senya. I wasn't talking about those. I wanted to buy 2 low level crafting items. First no one sells less than 30. And then the price is absurd. Mostly they were sold by the 100s which means they are not rare.

Edited by RameiArashi

I have the doctor and senya. I wasn't talking about those. I wanted to buy 2 low level crafting items. First no one sells less than 30. And then the price is absurd. Mostly they were sold by the 100s which means they are not rare.

Exchange Jawa scrap for mats, especially if you only want a few.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.