Mercs... we are saved!

Floplag

On the latest PTS notes:

Mercenary

Arsenal

Pinning Fire now slows the target’s movement speed by 70% for 3 seconds with each hit (up from 2 seconds).

The end result if i recall correctly is an additional 3 seconds of slow since i believe this hits every seconds for the 3 second channel so instead of 6 seconds we get 9?

of course im sure that all purgable and Sins are immune anyway and this has no effect on leaps etc... and ranged classes arent affected anyway so... who does this help us against aside from those few over zealous melee monkeys who are dumb enough to blow cooldowns before getting to us which we already had no trouble with?

Of all the great ideas that people have listed here.. how they came up with this as where to start to fix the class is beyond my ability to understand.

I think the next cartel pack should issues Mercs an armor clad skirt since they have turned us into little more than a run away while shooting behind us style of play it seems.

Someone please tell me im missing something here? Seriously

Edited by Floplag

no we don't get 9 seconds. Pinning fire doesn't add up, it just refreshes. Currently it lasts 5 seconds. (3 sec channel+additional 2) in 3.1.1 it will last 6 seconds.

1 second increase, so much buff. :rolleyes:

The the devs definitely spitballed this one last minute in order to look like they where addressing mercs.

no we don't get 9 seconds. Pinning fire doesn't add up, it just refreshes. Currently it lasts 5 seconds. (3 sec channel+additional 2) in 3.1.1 it will last 6 seconds.

1 second increase, so much buff. :rolleyes:

The the devs definitely spitballed this one last minute in order to look like they where addressing mercs.

so even worse than i thought... yeah!!

SWEET! This is AWESOME!!! The threat of being slowed by 70% for 3 seconds, is sure to force opposing players to swap targets...the fear of knowing that if we tab to them and see US as the target, should keep enemies at bay!!! This sounds exactly like the defensive skill we so desperately needed!

The 3 second slow is not a buff, its throwing a small *** bone to people ************ about how the mercs/mandos have no viable defenses in PvP in regs a good merc/mando can rek but in ranked they're like that fish from pokemon that all they know is splash move, when they balance out merc/mando I will play them again

**** JOB BW

Well arsenal is better overall than IO in pvp anyway, so idk why they're giving it a tiny pvp-specific buff lol.

Because it's not intended that you can queue for PvP as IO anyway :rolleyes:

This is definitely a game changing buff. My Merc will no longer be the only healer without any actual escape from focus. Good job BW:rolleyes:

I encountered one merc in the ranked matches I did today. He was globaled the 2 rounds and barely did 10k damage. One of my teammate (a shadow) said "gg" and the merc just said "**** you". I laughed. Edited by lpsmash

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.