What Is The Best Way To Report Credit/Gold Farmers?

arunav

The "player" characters I'm referring to aren't running on some kind of automated program, but are gathering credits via chests and slicing nodes.

It's obvious they aren't typical players because, if you inspect their legacy achievements, there are basically none, except for the currency one (gaining 10 million or more credits).

What is the best option to report them for BW? I don't see a selection specifically available, and "report spam" doesn't seem to fit the situation.

I know many are skeptical any action will be taken, but, for the sake of trying to report some of the source of all the credit selling spam we see...

Edited by arunav

In-game tickets have always been the right way for this. However, make sure to send in the correct details; if you forget the server names or pick the wrong category on the ticket, CS may just ignore your ticket.

So make sure you include:

- Category: Inappropriate player behavior

- Character name, server name

- Time when you found him farming

- Location where you found him farming

And if you want to, you can also include a link to a video recording of them farming.

I've seen quite a few credit bots in certain areas on Hoth myself and always reported them. Most have not been logged in for a while, so they might have been banned. Others are still online, so maybe CS could not safely confirm whether they were botting. In that case, they rather don't do something than ban false positives, but at least the majority of bots gets banned that way. :)

Don't let your enjoyment of the game be reduced by those bots. There are bots in every game, but unless you specifically search for them, you won't encounter them much and are not affected by them.

Edited by Jerba

If they are doing it manually, they said they won't punish them as they aren't breaking the rules. If they're botting, then you can. I imagine it would be a little bit harder to prove if they are, maybe some video of perfect line movement.

Greetings All,

If you have reason to believe a player is using an automated process i.e. botting to repeatedly loot a chest then this should be reported.

If a player is sitting at his/her keyboard and manually looting a chest then no rules are being broken.

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Edited by Nickious

The "player" characters I'm referring to aren't running on some kind of automated program, but are gathering credits via chests and slicing nodes.

It's obvious they aren't typical players because, if you inspect their legacy achievements, there are basically none, except for the currency one (gaining 10 million or more credits).

What is the best option to report them for BW? I don't see a selection specifically available, and "report spam" doesn't seem to fit the situation.

I know many are skeptical any action will be taken, but, for the sake of trying to report some of the source of all the credit selling spam we see...

OK, I don't get the problem.

I don't know if I am a typical player and I have a lot more than 10M credits, but usually with my first cup of coffee in the morning and while I am listening to the news, I spin one of my characters around and gather nodes. It kills about a half an hour while I am waking up and my wife is preparing breakfast.

There are other players doing the same and the competition is stiff, but so what. I ignore them and go about my business.

I don't see, if there is no botting which I really have not seen, what your issue is.

PS - I have most of my rep achievements on a different server than the one on which I gather, so much for examining my characters.

PPS - I am finishing leveling a Shadow now, if you want to see some killer gathering tune in to him in a few weeks.

Edited by asbalana

If player not using any automated program you want him report for what? For playing game? It his time and he has right to spend every way he wants. He dosent brake any rules... if he uses some kinda program then you can try reporting it...

OK, I don't get the problem.

I don't know if I am a typical player and I have a lot more than 10M credits, but usually with my first cup of coffee in the morning and while I am listening to the news, I spin one of my characters around and gather nodes. It kills about a half an hour while I am waking up and my wife is preparing breakfast.

There are other players doing the same and the competition is stiff, but so what. I ignore them and go about my business.

I don't see, if there is no botting which I really have not seen, what your issue is.

PS - I have most of my rep achievements on a different server than the one on which I gather, so much for examining my characters.

PPS - I am finishing leveling a Shadow now, if you want to see some killer gathering tune in to him in a few weeks.

If you don't see the problem of credit spamming increasing, then you must keep your chat box closed. That is the problem - many folks complain about it regularly, and for good reason.

The people selling credits get them from somewhere, and one source is chest farming and gathering slicing nodes.

BW has the capacity to tell the difference on an account between someone like you, who may have their legacy on a different server, and one that only farms credits. The latter is much more likely to be involved in selling credits, and I doubt they don't have methods for detecting who actually is, if they care to.

This has nothing to do with me personally, or competition for resources - been here for 3+ years, and anyone playing that long has more credits than they'll ever need. It's simply about how, at this point, you can't even simply ignore a few spammers on fleet, because there are so many.

In short, you've taken a general problem in the game, and made it about you in your post. Mine was simply asking others how it might be best to report suspected credit farmers, and let BW deal with sorting out who is simply playing the way they'd prefer, and who is involved in selling credits, something they don't technically condone.

Edited by arunav

Good luck with the reporting. I've personally reported tons of bots and nothing is ever done. I've seen some disappear after many months but I don't know if it is cause bioware did something or they just moved/stopped. They must have one GM left working the game and banning bots is the lowest priority. It is hilarious considering how they milk this game, you would think they would be all over this since they lose money when people buy from credit sellers. If they don't have the resources to ban then the devs should implement changes to deal with them. Now excuse me while I go back in game to the wonderful chat spam and teleport bots taking all the security chests.

i farm chests and slicing nodes all the time and after 3 years i've become quite methodical in my paths, it's how i make money to pay for my crafting and GTN purchases... i don't like the idea that someone thinks it's okay to report someone that plays like myself because someone else doesn't like the way we choose to play the game... i've been here since launch and i'm not about to change how i fund my crafting and purchases because i was faster to the node and learned the spawn route and times, and someone else doesn't like it... unless a botting program is being used, i'm not breaking any rules and neither are anyone else that chooses to make credits in this fashion, as stated (quoted) earlier in gold text in a previous post, the way some of us play (farming chests and nodes) is not breaking the rules... you better be damn sure that whoever you report is a bot and not an innocent live player...

that's just messed up, you want to report innocent people?.. you can't report people for how they choose to play the game unless they're breaking the rules, chest and node farming is not breaking the rules... it's perfectly within the confines of the rules... instead of getting all butthurt and crying "foul" why not try to figure out the routes and spawn times yourself...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

please tell me what the appropriate way to play the game is oh mighty gamemaster. i have been a bad sentinel and looted chests, sliced nodes and killed many thousands of mobs with the sole purpose of making credits.

i farm chests and slicing nodes all the time and after 3 years i've become quite methodical in my paths, it's how i make money to pay for my crafting and GTN purchases... i don't like the idea that someone thinks it's okay to report someone that plays like myself because someone else doesn't like the way we choose to play the game... i've been here since launch and i'm not about to change how i fund my crafting and purchases because i was faster to the node and learned the spawn route and times, and someone else doesn't like it... unless a botting program is being used, i'm not breaking any rules and neither are anyone else that chooses to make credits in this fashion, as stated (quoted) earlier in gold text in a previous post, the way some of us play (farming chests and nodes) is not breaking the rules... you better be damn sure that whoever you report is a bot and not an innocent live player...

that's just messed up, you want to report innocent people?.. you can't report people for how they choose to play the game unless they're breaking the rules, chest and node farming is not breaking the rules... it's perfectly within the confines of the rules... instead of getting all butthurt and crying "foul" why not try to figure out the routes and spawn times yourself...

I quit doing it along time go. It was too much of hassle because of the people who I believe personally were using bots. There were a few things I liked about though.

1. Lots of 340 mission drops. So many mission drops. Came in handy when GSH dropped.

2. No need for capital or much of a gear investment.

3. Easy to time. By the time you made one circle, the first set respawned.

4. Pretty decent payouts, good days, after a couple hours, around 2 million. (Makeb area)

Really is boring though. Also a ton of competition depending on server where it won't be worth your time in the long run. Decided it ultimately wasn't worth my time anymore. Not really great for comms either.

If someone, bots report them. That's cheating. Otherwise don't bother. If they want to waste that time on that, what business is it of mine.

Honestly they should have tied loot to a mob that drops a key, if they wanted to make it less exploitable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.