HM Torque: Raise the roof!

Why is the ceiling so low on Torque? Have you tried this with the 8-man ops team that you undoubtedly have, devs? How are you faring with camera adjustments and seeing through all the fire/smoke effects? How many wipes because of these things do you experience on average before you take him down?

Devs, you are progressing like the rest of us, right? To check up on the quality and difficulty curve of the game you designed, right?

What? You're not playing except occasionaly as imperials in non-ranked pvp?

tsk-tsk

To be fair, even if they raised the roof of the fight, it still wouldn't do anything if they didn't increase the range of the smoke graphic (not saying that they should. The lack of visibility has resulted in some hilarious screenshots).

However, the fight is still certainly clearable. It's just lolzy as a melee dps.

To be fair, even if they raised the roof of the fight, it still wouldn't do anything if they didn't increase the range of the smoke graphic (not saying that they should. The lack of visibility has resulted in some hilarious screenshots).

However, the fight is still certainly clearable. It's just lolzy as a melee dps.

Hilarious screenshot exhibit A.

As someone who has melee'd the fight, I actually don't think it's all that terrible. You know when the fire is coming, and you know where it's going to be. As long as you know how far you are into the fight, you also know when the repeat spawns are, and if you're paying attention to the sounds, you know when it's safe to stop moving and when you can stand still. I really didn't take that much damage from the fire, even as a melee. Most of the damage I took was from the turrets, because…uh, positioning. The biggest annoyance is just being forced away from the boss for a brief time (since the tanks need to take a different route), but I'm more than happy to trade being briefly forced away from the boss for the fact that I'm not worrying about DPSing the turrets (rDPS job!).

It's a miserably small room the first time you bring a 16m raid in there.

But you get used to it.

For the least drama you simply set up a wall of ranged with sub roles of either AOE or burst damage to keep the adds quiet and then you can let a couple of melee dance about in the middle doing whatever.

If you really made an effort you could take whatever composition you wanted but clearly it demands higher control to bring large quantities of melee against AOE and proximity damage adds.

The point I was trying to make with my sarcastic OP was not about the difficulty of the fight and how to clear it, but about the fact that I strongly doubt that any of this was intended / tested by the devs.

Back to the difficulty aspect, I'm not asking for a bigger room, just a higher ceiling so that everyone (not just melee) can see what is going on. Not being able to see things in the environment is poor design, and I believe it is poor design that was not intended or tested by BW, it's just there, like so many things in this rushed 3.0 expansion.

Do you have to completly see the enemy to hit him? NO

Do you can't hit the enemy cause of fire? NO

Do you have problems with positioning as a range DD? NO

Do you have problems with anything as a healer? NO

Do you see the enemy-nameplates threw fire? YES

Can you kill the enemy threw fire? YES

I don't see the problem. The only players allowed to cry about this fight are melees and tanks. All others can pretty much just derp-DPSing boss and adds!

I've never been a fan of how....overwhelming the smoke is in that room. It's just a bit much. At the same time, it's easy enough to not take extra damage and do your role without being able to see much with all the smoke left over from the floort vents, so I'll basically just complain from an aesthetic POV as opposed to a tuning one. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.