I really wish Watchman played more like Vengeance

Kyovarde

And had shorter DoTs and a shorter rotation. Okay, first of all leave the Juyo, Merciless and Accelerating Victory ramp up time alone. It's fine like that. This is a sustained DPS spec and shouldn't be able to burst for tremendous amounts in the first seconds of a fight.

Ravage/Master Strike is just glorified filler in every Mara/Sent discipline and has been since the game was released. Why is Vengeance/Vigilance the only discipline of 5 that actually buffs this ability?

A 36 second long rotation combined with randomized resource generation is just bad game design. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Watchman is suffering from button bloat, IIRC I use more abilities as Saboteur/Engineering, but it could stand to be cleaned up because of the randomness of the abilities and lack of cohesion between skills.

Overload Saber - Exact same functionality as Gore/Precision. It's a 12 second temporary damage buff that's off the GCD. Why not tie it in with another ability?

Ideas - Ravage/Master Strike now deals 15% additional damage as elemental

OR

Twin Saber Throw causes the target to burn for X 30% of its base damage over 6 seconds

OR

Leave the damage, duration, and CD of Overload Saber alone, but make it a 100% chance to proc off of Slash and Merciless Slash.

Cauterize - 9 second CD, 50% immediate damage, 50% over the next 6 seconds.

Force Melt - Replaces Blade Storm, deals the same initial damage as Blade Storm, +100% additional damage over the next 6 seconds (this would come out to roughly the same damage as Force Melt, just over a shorter duration). Cost increased to 4 Focus.

Mind Sear - Increased to a 50% proc rate.

Remove the random focus generation from Plasma Blades and just set it to a 100% proc rate OR lower the Focus cost of abilities in order to make the rotation sustainable.

Ravage/Master Strike is just glorified filler in every Mara/Sent discipline and has been since the game was released. Why is Vengeance/Vigilance the only discipline of 5 that actually buffs this ability?

It is the hardest hitting ability Carnage/Combat has. Yes, it's not that useful for Fury/Anni/Concentration/Watchman. It can be used as Watchman/Anni but you have to be really careful.

No, I'm not that good. I even got kicked from group by one of the best raiding guilds on Progenitor because my rotation isn't perfect.

Edited by Halinalle

Or you could, just, you know play Vengeance. Then the Devs can make Watchman like it was before the expansion, which people liked.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but yeah.

I rather have them return the Sent to the standing he had between 1.0. and 1.3.; deadly in the hands of skilled players and deadly if you, like 95% of the populace, couldn´t play your class. Countering Sents back then was already easy, just kite him away from the group and he means no harm.

I play both and since 3.0 the Guardian is more fun than the Sent and is also more versatile in raids. Two things are still better on Sent: Sustained DPS output and Inspiration.

But I'd rather give up that and have the fun back on my Watchman Sent. Cause pre 3.0 I liked it even better than I now like 3.0 Vigilance Guardian.

But I'm starting to give up hope to ever get back what has been the best about SWTOR ever since I started playing it three years ago.

*sadjedi*

Or you could, just, you know play Vengeance. Then the Devs can make Watchman like it was before the expansion, which people liked.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but yeah.

Or you Multiclass person could just shut up, Vengeance Guardian now is the same as Sentinel Watchman 1.0 + OP Survivability - Inspiration. I must agree with Adrell by the way, feels the same for me. Our Sents are all leveling Guardians except for the two people who play Combat since their is nothing like it on Guardians :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.