How do you deal with RP chat in an RP unfriendly game?

Grimbot

Hey hey.

I've been playing since Day 1, on and off, and I have six-ish characters in various states of levelling on Ebon Hawk. I joined an RP server because I've always found that to be a fantastic end-game. I really enjoyed RP in Galaxies, and was hoping for a similar experience here in SWTOR. And while there are some things I love about SWTOR , I find roleplaying (or just about anything to do with chatting) to be an eyesore and a chore.

Most of the fun of RP for me is trying to make people laugh, so my usual MO would be to throw a joke into someone else's conversation and let them take it from there. We're not getting speech bubbles, and without them I find that I have a very difficult time finding who is speaking if there are more than a couple of people in a room. And once I suss out a conversation and figure out who is talking to who, I have a hard time inserting myself into that conversation.

There are workarounds. Everyone's got a name over their head, so I could say, "Oh, hey. Aren't you Darth Screwball? I hear you're really into Twi'lek snuff holos." I could also message people and say, "Hey, can I RP with you guys?" But I miss the days of laying down under a shuttle and calling for help, or "drunkenly" interjecting into someone else's public conversation at the cantina.

So I'm here for tips, tricks, third party speech bubble software, or even just polite suggestions to go stuff it.

What'cha got?

Everyone's got a name over their head, so I could say, "Oh, hey. Aren't you Darth Screwball? I hear you're really into Twi'lek snuff holos."

Avoid metagaming, if you've never talked to them before you shouldn't pretend to know their name unless you catch it being said through RP. (or you get ooRP consent)

Edited by Faardor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.