Can all mercs at least get kolto shell next patch?

DarthRaistlin

give all mercs a 6-7 charge 800-950 heal per charge kolto shell before ranked starts.

give bodyguards more charges and the ability to cast it on multiple targets.

give me just this and I might be able to get a 1300 rating in solo ranked.

Please

That won't be enough. Merc players will then complain that the charges have too slow an ICD. No, we need decisive action here:

Give Mercs Kolto Shell, 30% DR on Kolto Overload, 45% extra speed on HO/HtL, give Kolto Shot a 30-50% +crit chance utility and move Stabilized Armor to Tier 2 utilities.

That might not be enough to satisfy people so Bioware be prepared to do more! :rak_confused:

Kolto Shell would do nothing for DPS Merc survivability in ranked.

agreed. also, I haven't healed in 3.0, but healers were able to put it on everyone in 2.x. I'm not aware of that having changed.

I don't like the idea of KO with a DR. offhand, I cannot think of any other class that doubles-up on the exact same thing. shroud and reflect both provide immunities, but to different things and in different ways. KO is supposed to be a passive heal (ala ED). it just sucks in comparison to other similar abils. I would rather see it heal start working at a higher % (so that no one attack is going to burst through it) and maybe add 2-3s of tech/force immunity (or 100% def).

it's not a game breaker. I'd take anything that's effective at this point. but I would prefer to see the different abils do things that are unique amongst the rest of the abilities in my repertoire.

agreed. also, I haven't healed in 3.0, but healers were able to put it on everyone in 2.x. I'm not aware of that having changed.

I don't like the idea of KO with a DR. offhand, I cannot think of any other class that doubles-up on the exact same thing. shroud and reflect both provide immunities, but to different things and in different ways. KO is supposed to be a passive heal (ala ED). it just sucks in comparison to other similar abils. I would rather see it heal start working at a higher % (so that no one attack is going to burst through it) and maybe add 2-3s of tech/force immunity (or 100% def).

it's not a game breaker. I'd take anything that's effective at this point. but I would prefer to see the different abils do things that are unique amongst the rest of the abilities in my repertoire.

It didn't change, healers can still put it on everyone but each person can only have one. So if you have 2 Mando healers one is indirectly nerfing the others heals by blocking one of his heals from being used. So having this would actually make it harder to heal you if you had a Merc healer. The healer version would obviously be better (surge talent, passive heal buffs) and your crappy DPS version would lock my healer out of using it on you. Sort of like when DPS Sages insist on bubbling everyone when my healer Sage is around.

well we need something, anything. and my shell would help me with a sorc or op healer, and if I get a merc healer we get double nets so my kolto shell request stands.

it would help greatly with no healer, and help with 2 of the 3 healers.

Not really, A couple 900 (even if they crit for 1800) heal ticks isn't going to do much against 5k initial Vanquish > 6-7k FiB > 8k Serenity Strike > 9k Spinning Strike all while Sever Force, Breach and Vanquish DoT's are rolling. And that's just me, if there is another Shadow or VG with me those ticks are half a drop in a 5 gallon bucket.

I was talking with my dps partner for 4s who likes to play both merc and sorc at a high level and we were discussing how in solo ranked a sorc can run behind a crate and heal up while a merc definitely can't.

I would say merc dps deserve stronger heals. Kolto shell would help them and their team out in solo ranked. Maybe if it procc'd an instant heal or finished the cooldown on one of their other heals it would be even more useful.

Edited by EnzoForMe

I was talking with my dps partner for 4s who likes to play both merc and sorc at a high level and we were discussing how in solo ranked a sorc can run behind a crate and heal up while a merc definitely can't.

I would say merc dps deserve stronger heals. Kolto shell would help them and their team out in solo ranked. Maybe if it procc'd an instant heal or finished the cooldown on one of their other heals it would be even more useful.

Making Merc DPS into crappy healers isn't the way to fix them. They need a way to survive focus at least once per match. Having them run away to hide behind a pillar and heal (hoping that an Assassin didn't follow him back there) makes the match a 3v4 and will most likely end up having them screw up their heat management.

Making Merc DPS into crappy healers isn't the way to fix them. They need a way to survive focus at least once per match. Having them run away to hide behind a pillar and heal (hoping that an Assassin didn't follow him back there) makes the match a 3v4 and will most likely end up having them screw up their heat management.

Yeah in their current form I agree. I was talking about making them more like sorcs in that regards so that it wouldn't kill heat and would make that more viable.

I was more talking about self heals than group heals. Like your kolto overload could proc a cool down that makes self healing easier and cost less heat. But I don't play merc so I was just offering a shortcoming that I see between mercs and sorcs.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Yeah in their current form I agree. I was talking about making them more like sorcs in that regards so that it wouldn't kill heat and would make that more viable.

I was more talking about self heals than group heals. Like your kolto overload could proc a cool down that makes self healing easier and cost less heat. But I don't play merc so I was just offering a shortcoming that I see between mercs and sorcs.

Mercs could use some more passive healing. Sorc and Ops both have HoTs they can use to keep a small but useful flow of HP going. Sorcs also have excellent passive heals in Balance. If Mercs could get a utility that would trigger a tick of Kolto Shot when they do damage that would be pretty useful. However they still need something that would get DPS off of them at least once per round. Right now Merc defensives are so bad it totally works to just tunnel them through guard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.