Not having fun in bg's as Republic

Rynzo

Imperials rolling sorcs and facerolling through bg's, I came back to the game to witness this crap feast for myself. I have a merc in his mid 20's and I've won every bg I queued for. Was thinking about rolling a fresh toon on Republic side and pvp is just not fun.

Man I am such a dork...

Ok, now that we have the name out of the way, I am a returning player coming back, I played at lunch and shortly after and quit when they couldn't solve the fps issues bogging people down despite having a competent rig. I came back to the game and thought it was pretty fun so far. I had a 25 merc but decided I wanted to start a fresh toon, so I made a Sentinel. Should I not be pvping pre 20? I am getting killed in 3-4 seconds by second classes and its not fun. Also, the republic NEVER wins random war zones. I even switched to my Merc and I have won every war zone I have been in. I just can't see myself subbing with blatant pvp imbalance.

We call them warzones here.

It really depends on your server. Most servers are probably imp dominated. There are a few exceptions, however. For example, pubs win most regular warzones on the harbinger.

Maybe I will make a Republic toon on Harbinger then and test the waters, thanks man.

Man I am such a dork...

Ok, now that we have the name out of the way, I am a returning player coming back, I played at lunch and shortly after and quit when they couldn't solve the fps issues bogging people down despite having a competent rig. I came back to the game and thought it was pretty fun so far. I had a 25 merc but decided I wanted to start a fresh toon, so I made a Sentinel. Should I not be pvping pre 20? I am getting killed in 3-4 seconds by second classes and its not fun. Also, the republic NEVER wins random war zones. I even switched to my Merc and I have won every war zone I have been in. I just can't see myself subbing with blatant pvp imbalance.

Sentinels are garbage atm. So are Mercs for the most part. Roll an Assassin or a Powertech.

If you are looking for a good pvp class, go with shadow, sage, vanguard, or guardian. Sadly, as was mentioned, sents and commandos (mercs) are really not so hot right now. Gunslingers are not bad, scoundrels can be good.

The harbinger is a good choice for pubs. It is heavily populated, so you may experience lag, especially depending on your location. But give it a shot and see how you like it.

Oh, and welcome to the light side. We have cake! ;)

Man I am such a dork...

Game doesn't even us e1/3 of my GPUs power or my cpu, and it still stutters, it is kinda silly tbh.

To the OP ...

All you did was switch from one imbalance to another. You will likely be just as disappointed playing Repub v Repub as you are playing Imp v Imp on your current server.

The problem is actually quite complicated and is seen pretty much universally.

Problem 1. Population density. Imps out number the Repubs on most servers ... by alot.

Problem 2. Queues. Because of problem one, Imps get more matches than Repubs. So they get gear quicker because they get comms faster. Which creates an imbalance.

Problem 3. Repubs tend to run with casual players. And as such they tend to get their feelings hurt very quickly when a match goes south. So they give up in far too many cases.

Problem 4. Mentality. Repubs have lost so many matches on my server, that they just have the "looser" mentality. People drop from match or go some where to hide and wait it out.

Problem 5. Repubs lack critical skills. I mean they lack healers and tanks. A lot of dps only matches on the Repub side or they get but a single healer in a 8 v 8. I suspect the better tanks and healer on my server probably run Pre-mades only and the solo queues are left to starve.

Problem 6. Mids. Mids are bad. We all know it. But somebody new leveling up a toon likely won't join the end PVP matches because of the slaughter that Mids is. So on the Repub side of the house you likely end up with a starvation affect of a lack of new blood.

Problem 7. FOTM. Need I say more?

The end result is the Repubs get fewer matches and fewer wins which means it takes them considerably longer to get gear. On an Imp Operative I played on a few weeks back, I got half my exhumed set in two days. On a Commando I played pretty much since 3.0 came out, it took me weeks to get to that point. That represented a whole lot of teeth getting kicked in before I could even get competitive on a class that is not well respected for PVP anyway.

And that covers it I think. find a solution for these and we can get a game going.

Edited by ForceWelder

Force, what do you mean by "mids?"

I hope I have helped to even things out a bit, I have my Merc on a pvp server and I just started a Consular on a pve server.

he is talking about the 30-59 pvp bracket is what we all call mids pvp and right now you have all the elder pvper's with 55 top end pvper gear farming the bracket with alts. You think you die fast now get a toon to 30 and find out what elder pvpers can do to you. This happens every level cap after 3 month it goes back to were it needs to be as elder pvper's get to 60. The QQ is strong on the mid bracket issue then it will go away when players with top end 55 gear end up in the 60 bracket.

The big problem is not fully gear related it the fact these players have relic's that people leveling cant get. That give 2 procs that give over 600 main stats and 600 power on proc. Even with bolster you can't get that high of a relic unless you were 55 and geared before the expac. Then there is skill these players have they have been in a end game pvp bracket for years and know how to kill you so fast your like what just happened.

Edited by Neoforcer

he is talking about the 30-59 pvp bracket is what we all call mids pvp and right now you have all the elder pvper's with 55 top end pvper gear farming the bracket with alts. You think you die fast now get a toon to 30 and find out what elder pvpers can do to you. This happens every level cap after 3 month it goes back to were it needs to be as elder pvper's get to 60. The QQ is strong on the mid bracket issue then it will go away when players with top end 55 gear end up in the 60 bracket.

The big problem is not fully gear related it the fact these players have relic's that people leveling cant get. That give 2 procs that give over 600 main stats and 600 power on proc. Even with bolster you can't get that high of a relic unless you were 55 and geared before the expac. Then there is skill these players have they have been in a end game pvp bracket for years and know how to kill you so fast your like what just happened.

The issue actually goes a little deeper than that. If you didn't buy the expansion, you are permanently stuck in Mids. And if you are a subscriber, you get to play as many PVP matches as you can stomach. Mids is a perfect storm of mucked up. You have people in top gear who can't promote up, you have a wide range of players with limited skills going in, and all your new players / characters won't have the gear to be competitive with those who were already on their A game prior to the last expansion and stuck at the top tier.

It is almost like Bioware deliberatly went out of their way to make a perfect environment for people who wish to make leveling player's gaming lives miserable. How their entire development team couldn't see the obvious before it happened is beyond me.

The issue actually goes a little deeper than that. If you didn't buy the expansion, you are permanently stuck in Mids. And if you are a subscriber, you get to play as many PVP matches as you can stomach. Mids is a perfect storm of mucked up. You have people in top gear who can't promote up, you have a wide range of players with limited skills going in, and all your new players / characters won't have the gear to be competitive with those who were already on their A game prior to the last expansion and stuck at the top tier.

It is almost like Bioware deliberatly went out of their way to make a perfect environment for people who wish to make leveling player's gaming lives miserable. How their entire development team couldn't see the obvious before it happened is beyond me.

Yeah, I think leaving the expertise on the obroan/brut gear turned out to be a huge mistake. I can understand what they were trying to do. They were trying to appease people that were upset about the gear grind - new expansion makes their old gear that they grinded for suddenly obsolete. They were trying to soften the blow a little.

Everything that has been done feels like an attempt to appease everybody at the same time, which ends up making nobody particularly happy. It feels like compromises in politics - everybody is unhappy. Unfortunately, that's how large organizations work. They figure out how to appeal to as broad an audience as possible and they do what they feel will bring in the most revenue. It's not about making a good game - it's about getting as much milk out of the cow as possible while investing as little as possible into the cow's food / housing /etc.

My solution has been to just not do PVP. It sucks. Post 3.0 it's even worse than before. I've vendored all my PVP gear and decided it's just not worth the hassle or frustration. Between obvious speed hacks, totally fubar balance and a rep side that can't play, what's the point? I'd suggest that anyone else who thinks it's totally screwed up just don't play it. Eventually BW will figure out something is wrong when a part of the game is empty.

now that sith inq are so OP its rely no fun anymore in pvp

BW rely need to balance pvp

also there way to many stun skills

like some1 said in my group the party with the best stuns will win

its more like a stunning fight then a real good pvp fights

i think its better if BW remove all stun skills and focus on the skill of the players

sorry for my English

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.