Hello, new to this class.

Darth_Grissom

I want to play a sith assassin dps. I want the duel light saber. Seeing as that is the only reason why, I have a few questions.

1. Does the assassin do relatively good dps PVE? I do not tank or heal so yeah.

2. I do not want to rely on force ability's as much as using my saber. I am looking for a darth maul type of toon. Is this how the assassin works or am I stuck chaining lighting and such?

Anyway thank u.

Edited by Darth_Grissom

I want to play a sith assassin dps. I want the duel light saber. Seeing as that is the only reason why, I have a few questions.

2. I do not want to rely on force ability's as much as using my saber. I am looking for a darth maul type of toon. Is this how the assassin works or am I stuck chaining lighting and such?

Anyway thank u.

1. I am not sure as I do not PVE

2. All assassin specs use about an equal parts force and saber, deception is more stabby/shocky, and hatred is more slashy/leechy, though.

Hatred DPS numbers in PvE could be better but they are far from bad if you take your time to learn what you're doing. It relies evenly on Force and Melee attacks.

Deception can perform good-ish, but you'll have a hard time finding an ops group that wants you for NiM raiding if that is your goal. It is a bit more Melee centered, but you'll still have to use Force attacks frequently.

Either way your damage taken will be through the roof until you get the hang of it. Hatred has the self healing to alleviate a bit of that problem.

All in all, if you want a Darth Maul experience you should probably go for Carnage Marauder, even though you'll be missing the double-bladed lightsaber...

Hatred DPS numbers in PvE could be better but they are far from bad if you take your time to learn what you're doing. It relies evenly on Force and Melee attacks.

Deception can perform good-ish, but you'll have a hard time finding an ops group that wants you for NiM raiding if that is your goal. It is a bit more Melee centered, but you'll still have to use Force attacks frequently.

Either way your damage taken will be through the roof until you get the hang of it. Hatred has the self healing to alleviate a bit of that problem.

All in all, if you want a Darth Maul experience you should probably go for Carnage Marauder, even though you'll be missing the double-bladed lightsaber...

I do not mind using force abilitys I just want to make use of my Dbl. Lightsaber as well :)

Hatred is in the middle of the pack, though the middle of the pack is significantly behind some other classes. It's also melee, which is frustrating in this tier of operations. If you really like the class, it's very fun, but we're not as OP in PvE as we were a little over 2 months ago.

Deception, which is less Force ability reliant, does about 50% of its damage as Force damage, and Hatred pushes it to 67%. If you want to use very few Force attacks, this isn't the class for you. You won't be using Force Lightning, or casting abilities, as all of them are (or can be made) instant, but it's not a strict melee class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.