A Solo mode with the GSF System

Saito_Hiraga

I think the GSF system had much unused potential.

And I can think of a way to take advantage of it. And its about making solo quests where you get to use the fighters you have to complete missions like the space missions of our starship but using the GSF system aganist IA controlled fighters and cruisers.

For example:

You get to maneuver through Vergesso's asteroids while chasing enemy fighters, and avoiding mines.

You have to coordinate an attack aganist an enemy Flagship in the orbit of Dantooine.

There's a pirate blockade in the middle of an important trade route and you have to destroy their space station in order to drive them away.

Rewards could go from some fleet commendations, Maybe some green reputation items for the Imperial First Mobile Fleet/Republic Hyperspace Armada or a new kind of Reputation line, and ship requisition for the fighter you used.

There could also be some Daily/Weekly missions:

Example:

-[Daily]: Complete 3 GSF Solo quests - Rewards: Minor Ship Requisiton Grant, Fleet Comms and Blue Rep Item.

-[Weekly]: Complete 8 GSF Solo quests - Rewards: Major Ship Requisition Grant, Fleet Requisiton Item, Fleet comms and Purple Rep Item

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I think the GSF system had much unused potential.

And I can think of a way to take advantage of it. And its about making solo quests where you get to use the fighters you have to complete missions like the space missions of our starship but using the GSF system aganist IA controlled fighters and cruisers.

For example:

You get to maneuver through Vergesso's asteroids while chasing enemy fighters, and avoiding mines.

You have to coordinate an attack aganist an enemy Flagship in the orbit of Dantooine.

There's a pirate blockade in the middle of an important trade route and you have to destroy their space station in order to drive them away.

Rewards could go from some fleet commendations, Maybe some green reputation items for the Imperial First Mobile Fleet/Republic Hyperspace Armada or a new kind of Reputation line, and ship requisition for the fighter you used.

There could also be some Daily/Weekly missions:

Example:

-[Daily]: Complete 3 GSF Solo quests - Rewards: Minor Ship Requisiton Grant, Fleet Comms and Blue Rep Item.

-[Weekly]: Complete 8 GSF Solo quests - Rewards: Major Ship Requisition Grant, Fleet Requisiton Item, Fleet comms and Purple Rep Item

if, by "solo" you mean PVE starfighter, then i support the ADDITION of such mode.

But i would rather be for an even BIGGER re-vamp by MERGING GSF with Space Missions, and allowing space missions to no longer operate based on "rails"... Free roam PVE Space + GSF missions (where you can choose to use class ship instead of a fighter, OR use a fighter or bomber, gunship, etc... instead of your class ship .... OR merge both areas of the game into some level of inter-operability.... where one could "free roam" from 1 planet into a GSF area and then "partake" or join the queue simply because they stumbled into that area when roaming the galaxy.... sorta Krull-like.

OR having space missions somehow intermingled with GSF operations in some way.

This would need a definite "plan" and i am not sure how, yet, but i really want to see that 1 dev's "baby" (GSF -- but i forget his name) grow up a lot more :cool:

it's just NOT star wars without space battles... GSF is still wonderful, though - we just need far more zones and GSF space-WZ areas because right now? having ONLY 2 ... is just boring still.... meh

Edited by lightningseven

Free-roam space PVE has been on players wishlist since launch. GSF was a step in the right direction, but the issue is not that BioWare haven't considered it, rather the technical complexity and hence cost of developing such a feature (they mentioned somewhere a while ago AI in particular).

Again though. Yes. PVE GSF. Everyone wants it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.