PvP Nerf Requested: Something is seriously overpowered within the Imperial class...

Linyivee

PvP Nerf Requested: Something is seriously overpowered within the Imperial class...

Regardless about what certain people may say, the Imperials are way-way-way over powering in PvP queues. 85%-95% of the time the Imperials will win at a PvP - PUG match. Approximately two months ago, I started as a month to month subscriber. I also dropped allot of money into cartel coins. I practically just started playing. Unless BioWare investigates the over powering issue with Imperial PvP player, I may decide to let my current two month subscription expire.

All I ask is for BioWare to investigate the issue.

Anyone who says "there is nothing wrong' is exploiting the system. Period.

Or, are there people 'Win Trading' and innocent players being affected?

Edited by Linyivee

It's not that as much as pubs just stink.

Look at the guild names... between the two.

This is the last time I play the good guys haha. Terrible armor and guild names like 'We do good'.

Regardless about what certain people may say, the Imperials are way-way-way over powering in PvP queues. 85%-95% of the time the Imperials will win at a PvP - PUG match. Approximately two months ago, I started as a month to month subscriber. I also dropped allot of money into cartel coins. I practically just started playing. Unless BioWare investigates the over powering issue with Imperial PvP player, I may decide to let my current two month subscription expire.

Each class is literally the same. Other than some instances of bugged talent points on one side and not the other (which usually get fixed quickly), every mirror class is identical.

Sage is exactly the same as Sorceror. The only difference is that their abilities are renamed and have different animations.

The same goes for every other class.

As this is an MMO, most people favor the "evil" side (take a look at the horde on WoW, for instance), and that includes a bunch of the good PVPers. Simply put, you're being outmatched by better players.

Also, win trading refers to ranked, which is where one team will lose on purpose to boost the other's rating, this doesn't happen in 8v8.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

The only reason imps win a lot of the time is because many (not all) good pvpers do imp pvp more than pub. If you have most of the good players against most of the *bad* players, it should be obvious who will win.

If all the good pvpers went pub side, then the pubs would win most of the time.

Sage is exactly the same as Sorceror. The only difference is that their abilities are renamed and have different animations.

Yes classes are mirrors, but in the case of sages and sorcs there are enough bugs at the moment that the two classes are not equivalent in terms of dps. Add to that that sorcs abilities require less travel time and are less laggy and it has a different feeling playing the two mirrors.

When I play my Imps in PvP the guildies and I can chain stun the crap out of Pubs no matter what Resolve they have. When I play pub side with the guildies we get chain stunned with full resolve. Seems this would need to be fixed. Other then that, it would be the premade teams that have been PvPing for years in MMOs that just smash you face. Still fun though. Just needs a little fixin on a couple issues.

When I play my Imps in PvP the guildies and I can chain stun the crap out of Pubs no matter what Resolve they have. When I play pub side with the guildies we get chain stunned with full resolve..

Good grief.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Ok, 1:Resolve doesn't mean **** in PvP right now. It's been broken for a while so don't rely on it. 2: Alot of the "pugs" you see on imp side may be friends doing pvp together. Think you are just getting the bad luck of the draw. Trust me, I've seen plenty of Republic "pug" teams in pvp completely waste the imps. Edited by Iona_Var

When I play my Imps in PvP the guildies and I can chain stun the crap out of Pubs no matter what Resolve they have. When I play pub side with the guildies we get chain stunned with full resolve.

I have experienced that so many times.

I also think that is just a small problem to a bigger issue.

Edited by Linyivee

Eventually most of the good players will join the side that is perceived to win the most (or they stop playing or they go to another server).

If there's no actual mechanical advantage to one side there can still be a leveling/reward advantage to one side or even just a cosmetic one that influences population trends. I'm pretty sure Korriban offers faster leveling than Tython - it definitely has more interesting and amusing class stories (JK is my favorite story but it picks up long after Tython). And most of the first Imp companions just blow away the first Rep ones (T7, Qyzen, Aric and Corso vs Vette, Khem Val, Mako and Kaliyo); first impressions matter. And then there's the trailers which highlighted how weak the rep side was vs the imps... I think the original designers were thinking that they might have trouble making kids play the bad guys - which is a rookie mistake made by so many dev shops somehow.

At any rate, Harbinger has lots of good guilds running pubs in regs; if you're looking for a pub server go there.

Edited by Savej

so far i see that the sith inq are way to OP atm

and with so many pll playing it its no use to win from them

they even the top list with most damage and kills

when i did so 180k damage and so 20 kills

a sith inq did 600k damage with easy over 40 kills

Edited by ShadessaWayland

This is completely anecdotal, but every MMORPG I've ever played is dominated by the "evil" faction.

The amateur (and by "amateur" I mean non-existent) sociologist in me wonders if it has to do with the personality types drawn to "good" and "bad" guys.

I mean, if you're the kind of person who thinks the bad guys are cool, aren't you willing to do ANYTHING it takes to win?

Even if that means resorting to something as distasteful and yucky as - GASP! - teamwork?

:eek:

They get the damage from throwing out the dots and the kills are from anyone that they've damaged dying. The sorc/sage doesn't have to kill them, just as long as they die and have been damaged by said sin/shadow.

For example: A sorc engages another toon, lets say a gunslinger, and manages to get the slinger to 1/4 health before a merc comes along and gets the killing blow with a HSM. Both the merc and the sorc are going to get credit for that kill even though the sorc didn't actually get the kill.

This is also how healers get kills. They are healing someone that manages to kill someone else.

Edited by DariusCalera

Both sides are mirror images of each other... Same abilities... Stats etc... One is not better than the other... The only factor is players who know how to pvp

How do I know??... It's comon sense... But I also have 19 toons with half imp and half rep... I only pvp... Class for class they are exactly the same... It all comes down player skill...

There is definately NO imbalance between the factions...

Rly?

Tipical situation on civil war :

Someone guard snow, mid, grass and call for help with : Inc 1.

6 other ppl or full team leave node and go for help to kill 1 person.

And while they killing 1 men they lose unguarded node.

This guy is right, all of you who say the classes are the same they are not!

Bounty hunters are clearly not troopers and they definitely do more damage due to being imperial!

LMAO... I have both... The only difference is the animations and the names of the abilities... They do the same thing and the same damage

If anything Mercs are at a disadvantage because their AOE makes them fly into the air... Making them stand out more

Then there is the fact that a Sorc's Lightning stands out like dogs balls... But Sages throw rocks and force which are much harder to see... Ever looked at the animation a lightning storm does to the caster vs the Sage equivalent... If you are using a sage it is much easier to LOS because you are harder to detect...

So if anything Imp are at more of a disadvantage than Reps... But only in animations... As far as abilities go... They are the same on both factions

Yeah, the problem is your 300 DPS not what faction you're on.

LMAO... I have both... The only difference is the animations and the names of the abilities... They do the same thing and the same damage

If anything Mercs are at a disadvantage because their AOE makes them fly into the air... Making them stand out more

Then there is the fact that a Sorc's Lightning stands out like dogs balls... But Sages throw rocks and force which are much harder to see... Ever looked at the animation a lightning storm does to the caster vs the Sage equivalent... If you are using a sage it is much easier to LOS because you are harder to detect...

So if anything Imp are at more of a disadvantage than Reps... But only in animations... As far as abilities go... They are the same on both factions

Green Come Kill Me beam says hello.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.