Ranked Huttball Leagues... CONFIRMT?

Exosasa

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranked huttball league would be horrible. In the end of 8v8 ranked days everyone was macro clicking and huttball was 99% about who had the fastest macro and best ping.

That was literally the only problem it had, though. And if it would be logged, it could be tracked rather easily.

That would be sexy as ***.

Might actually be capable of making me add some more subtime once it actually happens. At least untill march 27th.

That is literally about the only thing capable of doing that, though..

TO EA/BW ^^^ this ^^^^ @#$%ing this. make this happen. It will add more subs to the game. That is all the reason you need to do this.

My hopes will not be stifled: this could just mean a separate queue. Or that solo is arena, team is HB.

If it was arenas only, they wouldn't have thrown in a picture of huttball and a closing reference to it.

Well, to me it does not seem totally unlike that intern who usually does those articles.

My hopes will not be stifled: this could just mean a separate queue. Or that solo is arena, team is HB.

If it was arenas only, they wouldn't have thrown in a picture of huttball and a closing reference to it.

Ranked Warzones will be launching in 1.2

Ranked Warzones will not be launching in 1.2

There will not be ranked Huttball or a Huttball league. This has been confirmed multiple times at Cantina events.

I'm willing to make some bets. Are you?

Not really. I'm still sure there won't be a any sort of Huttball league. They have said time and time again 8v8 RWZ's will not be returning.

It would also be an awful idea. Don't get me wrong I love Huttball. I think it's one of the best ideas this team had. That being said the team that is there now is not the team that was there at launch. The original HB map is light years ahead of Quesh in terms of map design for example. Also 8v8 ranked Hutball worked because you weren't guaranteed to be playing Hutball. You had to have a balanced team that would work in all of the WZ's. Making a HB specific team would come down to how many Juggs you can get on your team along with some healers. Troll comps would be far too easy to be successful with. Class stacking is probably at it's most effective in HB.

IN all Honesty, I could care less for huttball. But if it did happen, I would prefer it have its own que. I really don't want to screw a team over because I leave before the match starts. I would however like 8 vs 8 deathmatchs.:cool:

Ranked huttball league would be horrible. In the end of 8v8 ranked days everyone was macro clicking and huttball was 99% about who had the fastest macro and best ping.

Timing CC, timing knockback, controlling the center, popping the stealthy out who's trying to hide and grab it at the last second, perfect saps, flashbangs, intercepting passes with leaps...

You're just about 1000% wrong my friend. Fast pings helps a lot, but if someone is able to just sit there and macro click with a slightly better ping, you're doing it wrong. FWIW, 3000 elo 8v8 ranked player, mained jugg and played some very competitive huttball matches against extremely organized guilds and even well-organized pug groups. Most fun PVP I've ever played in my life.

Edited by DrWeebs

Not really. I'm still sure there won't be a any sort of Huttball league. They have said time and time again 8v8 RWZ's will not be returning.

It would also be an awful idea. Don't get me wrong I love Huttball. I think it's one of the best ideas this team had. That being said the team that is there now is not the team that was there at launch. The original HB map is light years ahead of Quesh in terms of map design for example. Also 8v8 ranked Hutball worked because you weren't guaranteed to be playing Hutball. You had to have a balanced team that would work in all of the WZ's. Making a HB specific team would come down to how many Juggs you can get on your team along with some healers. Troll comps would be far too easy to be successful with. Class stacking is probably at it's most effective in HB.

The problem with ranked 8v8 was a simple matter of focus targets. Basically having 6 Juggs jump smashing one target, and dead. There was just no defense against that. Rinse/repeat, and WZ is basically done.

The beauty of Huttball is that killing is 2ndary to actually scoring, and in many ways killing can be counterproductive to actually scoring as you end up with a large population popping up at the endzone at inopportune times.

The problem with ranked 8v8 was a simple matter of focus targets. Basically having 6 Juggs jump smashing one target, and dead. There was just no defense against that. Rinse/repeat, and WZ is basically done.

The beauty of Huttball is that killing is 2ndary to actually scoring, and in many ways killing can be counterproductive to actually scoring as you end up with a large population popping up at the endzone at inopportune times.

Yeah, and if you could hand pick your team for HB having some Jugg tanks or some Veng Juggs in tank gear stance dancing and a few Sorc healers would be a nightmare to play against. Leap > push > leap + friendly leap/pulls would be crazy strong. Maybe a PT tank in the mix for turbo speed plus leap. There are some classes that are really far ahead in the utility department for HB and if your guild couldn't field a Jugg/Sorc HB it would be pretty ****** to play against one.

And no one brought 6 Rage Juggs in RWZ days, they were super squishy. Most team had 4 dps and a tank and 2 healers is plenty to keep you up with 4 DPS focusing you.

Timing CC, timing knockback, controlling the center, popping the stealthy out who's trying to hide and grab it at the last second, perfect saps, flashbangs, intercepting passes with leaps...

You're just about 1000% wrong my friend. Fast pings helps a lot, but if someone is able to just sit there and macro click with a slightly better ping, you're doing it wrong. FWIW, 3000 elo 8v8 ranked player, mained jugg and played some very competitive huttball matches against extremely organized guilds and even well-organized pug groups. Most fun PVP I've ever played in my life.

Hunkerdown, shroud, unremitting doesn't give two ***** about your CCs. Controlling the center is not impossible but really *********** aids when every team on TOFN had 3 healers, 2 tanks and the rest were hiding/kiting cc's in huttball. Intercepting balls only happen against bad teams.

What i'm saying is that huttball tactics on TOFN were aids and horribly boring and even if you had good CC's and everything it just ended up being who had better ping and a faster macro that won the match.

And if you think they can monitor macros, how about physical equipment like binding click to your mouse wheel or something similar?

FWIW, i have 2 chars over 2k rating and 2-3 more at 1600-2k. Many thousands of games at the top level. Unsure about my experience? Ask anyone who's played ranked on TOFN.

Edited by TimeBeast

Hunkerdown, shroud, unremitting doesn't give two ***** about your CCs. Controlling the center is not impossible but really *********** aids when every team on TOFN had 3 healers, 2 tanks and the rest were hiding/kiting cc's in huttball. Intercepting balls only happen against bad teams.

What i'm saying is that huttball tactics on TOFN were aids and horribly boring and even if you had good CC's and everything it just ended up being who had better ping and a faster macro that won the match.

And if you think they can monitor macros, how about physical equipment like binding click to your mouse wheel or something similar?

FWIW, i have 2 chars over 2k rating and 2-3 more at 1600-2k. Many thousands of games at the top level. Unsure about my experience? Ask anyone who's played ranked on TOFN.

I feel sincerely bad for you... On Jung Ma and Ebon Hawk, I can seldom find a good or pre-4/pre-4 that leads to some wiiiild matches.

Example, one veng jugg was having his healer jump into the air things. He would leap to her, and end up where she was destined to land. Then 2-3 sorcs did a pull chain, and the jugg finished with a graceful merc kickback into the goal.

And if your team is just not gonna help you compete, sabotage is pretty fun. When I'm tank sinning, I'll set myself up for passes and force pull an enemy into the pass circle. Other times, I'll phasewalk away.

It's fun to push/pull someone into their own teamline, too.

It's kinda funny, because once your start helping the oother team, the other 7 deathmatchers on your team start to care.

The reason I love huttball is because of how dynamic it is, and how there are so many ways to go about "winning." You can rush a total ooffense, forming complex pass chains and ball trains. You can set a goal or two, then form a literal wall of your team to block the entrance to the fiery shooter platform things (this was really fun with a lot of snipers.)

And the map itself is the best their is. Do you know how fun drops and traps are? I was super excited for qball (till I saw it) because of this.

Have you guys ever pushed someone into the reactor core in voidstar? Fun, amirite? If they release new (huttball) maps, I want hills and valleys :3

Anyway. I like huttball.

Edited by Exosasa

I feel sincerely bad for you... On Jung Ma and Ebon Hawk, I can seldom find a good or pre-4/pre-4 that leads to some wiiiild matches.

Example, one veng jugg was having his healer jump into the air things. He would leap to her, and end up where she was destined to land. Then 2-3 sorcs did a pull chain, and the jugg finished with a graceful merc kickback into the goal.

And if your team is just not gonna help you compete, sabotage is pretty fun. When I'm tank sinning, I'll set myself up for passes and force pull an enemy into the pass circle. Other times, I'll phasewalk away.

It's fun to push/pull someone into their own teamline, too.

It's kinda funny, because once your start helping the oother team, the other 7 deathmatchers on your team start to care.

We're talking about ranked 8v8 here...

We're talking about ranked 8v8 here...

Yea, and I'm talking about ranked huttball.. just like you...

LOL? You clearly never played real 8v8 with your comment. I'm sorry. But, no.