Vigilance/Vengeance Skill Utils for PvP?

Malphayden

What are people finding success with for Vigilance/Vengeance in PvP on the first tier utilities? Overwhelm seems like a no brainier since Ravage does so much damage. It makes sense you'd want to keep someone in place for the duration of the channel. The others I'm considering are Warmonger, Payback and Pooled Hatred. Warmonger seems like a better option than Payback as getting free from being stunned is only part of the equation, you still often have to catch up with the enemy. Thoughts?

I've been taking Overwhelm, Warmonger - these two are a must imo - and for the third I take pooled hatred, the dmg increase is nice, and in a ranked scenario i hardly expect that the match is gonna last long enough for me to use my breaker twice, even on a 90s cd, unless both teams have a tank and a healer, which makes it less likely I will absolutely need to break a stun. I also take the ED cleanse so I do have 2 breakers anyway.

For the other utilities, the only MUST haves are oppressor (masterful) and intimidating presence (heroic) - the 5s saber reflect is beast, but having an interrupt every time you leap is pretty essential.

Hope that helps

I've never been quite clear on Pooled Hatred. Does it apply when stunned, or just slowed/immobilized? If you've been slowed, and someone else hits you with another slow (having no real effect since you were already slowed) does it proc again? While it stacks up to 5 times, how often are you really going to go that long with out using a force ability so it's usually just 5% or 10% right?

I have to double check, but I am pretty sure it works for stuns as well as roots and slows. With the amount of roots and slows in the game atm, it procs a looooot, and you do get another stack when another root/stun is reapplied.

If you really feel like having a short cd on your breaker is worth it, it's not a bad decision, but in general as a dps I focus on utilities that will increase my damage, because that is my role. At least 5% every 2nd or 3rd ability is a pretty decent dps increase. That number will go a lot higher if a dot sorc or tank jugg is in the area.

I have to double check, but I am pretty sure it works for stuns as well as roots and slows. With the amount of roots and slows in the game atm, it procs a looooot, and you do get another stack when another root/stun is reapplied.

If you really feel like having a short cd on your breaker is worth it, it's not a bad decision, but in general as a dps I focus on utilities that will increase my damage, because that is my role. At least 5% every 2nd or 3rd ability is a pretty decent dps increase. That number will go a lot higher if a dot sorc or tank jugg is in the area.

I do like the 5 second saber reflect talent, plus it means shorter CD on interrupt since post leap resets interrupt.

I didn't take intimidating presence, just because of tons of interrupt immunities and bugs. Ofc It may be very useful, but I took consuming rage (the 2nd stun breaker, actually doesn't work sometimes), and through power - works great against all ranged classes. Especially snipers.

I didn't take intimidating presence, just because of tons of interrupt immunities and bugs. Ofc It may be very useful, but I took consuming rage (the 2nd stun breaker, actually doesn't work sometimes), and through power - works great against all ranged classes. Especially snipers.

Intimidating presence is one of the utilities I strongly feel is a MUST have. Having back to back interrupts w/ charge then disruption is way way too good, I can't reiterate that enough. Classes with interrupt immunities have them on a 2 min + cd I am pretty sure, so that doesn't really diminish the importance of interrupting. The extra duration of reflect is amazing against ranged classes.

Through power is a bit unfortunate because it seems to be a more offensive utility stuck to a defensive cd. With leap up so much and a free .5 gcd area slow the usefulness of through power is a little lacking. As a defense Jugg which has 20s on enure pain, that is a completely different story - even if i would still hesitate somewhat.

I wanna say to each their own, but if you are a player that is good at interrupting - if you aren't you should try to get used to it - then intimidating presence is a MUST as a dps guadian.

Intimidating presence is one of the utilities I strongly feel is a MUST have. Having back to back interrupts w/ charge then disruption is way way too good, I can't reiterate that enough. Classes with interrupt immunities have them on a 2 min + cd I am pretty sure, so that doesn't really diminish the importance of interrupting. The extra duration of reflect is amazing against ranged classes.

It will be good when BW fix sorcs at last. There is no point of leaping/interrupting when some abilities are broken.

It will be good when BW fix sorcs at last. There is no point of leaping/interrupting when some abilities are broken.

I was unaware that abilities were broken? What are you talking about exactly? Many of the casting classes have abilities that correctly make them immune to interrupts - at which point you stun/push.

Is there actually a bug that I am missing? At most server lag may contribute to this issue as your interrupt may be registered after their cast is complete. To account for that you may just have to interrupt earlier, even if it isn't as ideal.

I was unaware that abilities were broken? What are you talking about exactly? Many of the casting classes have abilities that correctly make them immune to interrupts - at which point you stun/push.

Is there actually a bug that I am missing? At most server lag may contribute to this issue as your interrupt may be registered after their cast is complete. To account for that you may just have to interrupt earlier, even if it isn't as ideal.

Thundering blast, I also can't interrupt force storm sometimes when their alacrity buff is not up.

Lightnign SOrc can't be interrupted. You use your interrupt, they gain Unshakable and can be interrupted once Unshakable falls off for the next 10 seconds. Basicly you're better just stunning them trying to interrupt them.

Thundering blast, I also can't interrupt force storm sometimes when their alacrity buff is not up.

Ah, I'll keep an eye out for that. It's still very much worth it even if you can't interrupt those abilities imo. Thundering blast is one of the queues for me to pop reflect, you know the one that lasts 5 secs :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.