Community Interest in 8v8 Ranked

xMaranathax

Good afternoon everyone,

I would like to determine the interest of 8v8 ranked. I know that BW has said that they don't plan on bringing it back anytime soon, however, hopefully this thread will grow to a size that will not be unnoticed.

Let's face it. Arenas are fun, but after weeks of the same arenas over and over again, arenas can get dull.

I would like to see SWToR PvP change up a bit. First off, to help with more team ranked, I would like to see a separate queue for 4v4s. Many times, new teams will enter just once, get facerolled by veteran teams, and lose interest in Team Ranked. Having seperate queues encourages practice, testing different compositions, and getting players comfortable with arenas.

Secondly, if 8v8 ranked were to come back, I would like to see the ability to queue an operation group for the unranked 8v8 warzones. As mention in the previous paragraph, it's always good to practice, get people exposure to the content, and test different strategies.

What are your thoughts and opinions, as a member of this PvP community, towards these ideas?

/signed . They need to bring it back I remember when they announced they were removing it complete guilds on pot 5 left. Not everyone likes arenas. Some like the strat play of 8v8 ranked. More teams queued 8v8 ranked then 4s arena . And seeing how it takes half the Amountt of people to put one together that's saying something. Edited by Prodiigy

Good afternoon everyone,

I would like to determine the interest of 8v8 ranked. I know that BW has said that they don't plan on bringing it back anytime soon, however, hopefully this thread will grow to a size that will not be unnoticed.

Let's face it. Arenas are fun, but after weeks of the same arenas over and over again, arenas can get dull.

I would like to see SWToR PvP change up a bit. First off, to help with more team ranked, I would like to see a separate queue for 4v4s. Many times, new teams will enter just once, get facerolled by veteran teams, and lose interest in Team Ranked. Having seperate queues encourages practice, testing different compositions, and getting players comfortable with arenas.

Secondly, if 8v8 ranked were to come back, I would like to see the ability to queue an operation group for the unranked 8v8 warzones. As mention in the previous paragraph, it's always good to practice, get people exposure to the content, and test different strategies.

What are your thoughts and opinions, as a member of this PvP community, towards these ideas?

If 8v8 comes back starting from tomorrow, I wouldn't play it, now or ever. For too long I've dreamed about the revival of 8v8 ranked, and now I've redesigned all my strategies, playstyles and PvP philosophy towards a 4v4 arena world, there is no room left for 8v8

8v8 was very nice, when there were other teams queueing. More fun than arenas. Cross-servers would make them viable, if enough players returned to the game.

As for queueing a full 8-team for unranked, that wouldn't be fun for the ungrouped and randomly matched players on the opposing side. Pre-season should be good enough for practising, if, ofc, the player-base is large enough.

Edited by Neulwen