Transgender characters: Can we change our sex?

DartDaya

It's not possible.

And for good reasons apparantly as it changes alot of stuff with the storyline of your character.

Let's just chalk it up to "it would take too long to change gender and your character just doesn't have that kind of time to dedicate to a major procedure like that when they're busy saving the galaxy" :cool:

(To clear that up a bit, I should add that the Devs have been asked this very question before and have answered that it wouldn't work because alot of the stuff in the storyline is set depending on your gender and it's apparantly set right at the start and doesn't change easily)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Let's just chalk it up to "it would take too long to change gender and your character just doesn't have that kind of time to dedicate to a major procedure like that when they're busy saving the galaxy" :cool:

The issue here is we can change species, which I assume would be a much more involved medical procedure.

But the rest of your post is probably spot on. There's all the flags with your companions that would change. I don't know how major the class story line flags tied to gender are, but they'd have to change as well.

Although, there's no reason they couldn't let us change our appearance to that of the other gender, and leave the original gender flags alone. Though, maybe the way its coded, that'd be the same as just changing all the flags, too.

In the end, they'd do this if they thought it was a sound financial move. Until then...

Reroll sorry. The amount of problems and bugs it would cause to implement this would far outweigh any benefits. it would be different if game had generic dialogue with no VAs or consequences of different genders where changing your gender is just reskinning yourself but it doesn't work that.

Waste of resources to me anyway regardless.

Edited by Nickious

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.