Biowares stance on Win Trading?

DartDaya

This is a really great question. Win trading is absolutely something we consider against the rules. We talk about this a little more in our Season 1 blog (which will come out tomorrow or next week). In short, if you are caught win trading or doing any other activity that can be considered exploitive to boost your rating, your rating will be reset at the end of the season and you will not receive any rewards. We take the competitive nature of Arenas very seriously and we have a no tolerance policy on users who work to abuse the system.

-eric

I was just wondering if this still applies? Because win traders from last season still have their ratings and rewards....:rolleyes: lol

See now I'm curious where I stand on this.. as on the occasion when me and guildies/a bunch of friends are bored at 2-3am (GMT) we all solo Q up for ranked WZ's and 9/10 we all get in the same groups against or with one another.. but we don't win trade we still play and fight for fun to beat the crap out of our friends/the other team however we have been reported for win trading cause of boredom random Ranked WZ's at silly hours.. go figure Edited by dacentabaal

We take the competitive nature of Arenas very seriously and we have a no tolerance policy on users who work to abuse the system.

This is my favorite part.

But hey, why substantiate policies to help foster a great customer PVP experience when you can keep reams of other goofballs happy by just making boxes fly out of the cash shop.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I believe BW has already stated their stance, the problem is not in how BW believes or stands. The problem is with win trading itself. it's super easy to get reported/investigated for Win trading and it rarely ever turns into a real case, imagine all the man hours spent over all these supposed win traders, it's not something a company likes to do, sink money and time into something only to come up empty handed. Real win trading is obvious in an investigation so all these people you think did and still have their positions and stuff from last season , probably didn't wintrade to get there. If you believe someone/s is/are trading wins then just report him/her/them, I promise BW investigates I have been investigated falsely and proved innocent, so BW does investigate. Just food for thought

Someone from my guild was just talking about this the other day. They stated nothing will ever happen to Win Traders unless they get caught writing what they are going to do out in game (chat) which is just dumb.

He says devs will never ban someone that "attempts" to pvp. They cant tell the difference from someone giving up or someone just really really bad at pvp. He goes I've seen people just use the reg attacks and a spell here and there... can report all we want but they "tried". <used loosely

Ranked SHOULD be a valor cap to enter and a >>>Expertise<<< cap to enter.

It's against the law in the same way that in Nevada it's illegal to kiss a man with a mustache. Technically, bad things should happen to you if you do it, but the risk is so low that my wife remains unafraid.

What about the guy with the moustache your wife is kissing? Is he worried? :D

Edited by NSStember
spelling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.