I'm body type 4

Undeadcenturion

And for some reason ... I feel guilty the times I make my Jedi Guardian body type 4 to match me. I find that a bit messed up. And it plays head games with me. just curious to see if anybody else has issues making their toons match their RL body type. Maybe I'm the only one.

And it doesn't help that in game that body type 4 gets made fun of in open chat either. Considering I honestly feel that body type 4 was literally molded after me. lol My wife doesn't like me using the other body types. But she's a woman... can't trust them. haha

I never see male body 4 getting made fun of anymore, only darth baras and that's only partly due to the size.

Just ignore people and play the game...

Also, I don't model characters after me. I envision a char in my head and make them.

My advice? Play what you want. You will hear this a lot, but i imagine it stands true. :)

I never really thought of matching a RL body shape to my character's body shape because lets face it, it is just a video game after all. Also when i play an RPG i would be more inclined to build the character- looks and all, around what i have in mind for that characters story or play-style. Who i am in RL has no immediate effect on what i am in a game and in fact the reason i play video games is to take a break from RL for a few hours. However i believe in to each their own. Not my business but if you're wife's answer is anything but "Play what makes you happy" she's doing it wrong. :p

Edited by Hexxim

And for some reason ... I feel guilty the times I make my Jedi Guardian body type 4 to match me. I find that a bit messed up. And it plays head games with me. just curious to see if anybody else has issues making their toons match their RL body type. Maybe I'm the only one.

And it doesn't help that in game that body type 4 gets made fun of in open chat either. Considering I honestly feel that body type 4 was literally molded after me. lol My wife doesn't like me using the other body types. But she's a woman... can't trust them. haha

It's not that strange really... I mean that you feel guilty about making your jedi guardian look like you.

I assume you don't spend your days fighting monsters, pirates, soldiers and the like?

I assume you don't run everywhere you go?

I assume you don't jump around like an acrobat on speed?

If you had the lifestyle of the jedi guardian you play, you'd most likely not be a BT4.

And I'm a BT4 myself (well, almost) so this isn't just a "fat shaming" thing.

I'm just saying that all the characters in the game are way way way more active than most of us are, so having them overweight is somewhat strange.

I pick the fat guy most of the time. Im fat, what the heck, and its kind of funny. I make exception with certain classes, as I cant imagine a fat operative sneaking into places or being agile. Sith inquisitor, tank, yeah im going fat ftw.

Seeing some Body Type 4 Sith, showing full corruption, shirtless, with not so inconspicuous boots and a pink saber is teh lulz in warzones

... Also when i play an RPG i would be more inclined to build the character- looks and all, around what i have in mind for that characters story or play-style. Who i am in RL has no immediate effect on what i am in a game and in fact the reason i play video games is to take a break from RL for a few hours...

Same thing here: I'm building the character around the class/role I'm going to play.

However, I guess I'll try rolling a type 4 toon, probably as a tank. Still, I would also see that on a gunslinger just for the fun of it (consider rolling into cover! :D), but also because smugglers have the coolest dialogues (imo) and that would work nice with a type 4 body :)

Is it just me or does the female body type 4 not look fat? Where is the gut?

Yes this bothers me. It's bothered me since launch. I think it's sexist frankly.

Either:

The developers were trying to say that body type 4 female is equivalent fat to body type 4 male which would be sexist and matches the awful body images Hollywood and magazines promote that lead to eating disorders.

- or -

The developers thought having the ability to make fat women was something that would be somehow undesirable but fat men would not.

That's my thought anyway, it's always kinda bugged me.

Yes this bothers me. It's bothered me since launch. I think it's sexist frankly.

Either:

The developers were trying to say that body type 4 female is equivalent fat to body type 4 male which would be sexist and matches the awful body images Hollywood and magazines promote that lead to eating disorders.

- or -

The developers thought having the ability to make fat women was something that would be somehow undesirable but fat men would not.

Female body type 4 is more "normal" female than the skinny supermodel avatars you usually find in video games. It's kinda a shame that "normal" is regarded as "fat" in video games.

Either:

- or -

To be fair, the male BT4 isn't the traditional "fat" either... He's got some pretty massive muscles on him.

Looks more like a defensive lineman than a couch potatoe.

To be fair, the male BT4 isn't the traditional "fat" either... He's got some pretty massive muscles on him.

Looks more like a defensive lineman than a couch potatoe.

Vince Wilfork, Haloti Ngata, B.J. Raji ... all Body Type 4s ... all Pro Bowl Defensive Tackles ... all people I would never want mad at me.:p

I have my characters match their AC's almost all of the time. For instance, my Assassin and my Operative are body type one because they are all sly and stealthy. My Juggernaut is body type three because... he is a Juggernaut. I have one merc how is body type 2 and my Powertech body type 3. Etc. Etc. Etc.

In the end man... it's a game. Have fun. Don't worry about that stuff.

Vince Wilfork, Haloti Ngata, B.J. Raji ... all Body Type 4s ... all Pro Bowl Defensive Tackles ... all people I would never want mad at me.:p

As does Roy 'Big Country' Nelson, Brock Lesner and several others. There's a saying, "All show and no go". Beach muscles do nothing but make you gas after like 30 seconds.

Body type 4 just isn't for heroes. It might fit for an hedonist smuggler or bounty hunter, but anything else is a flavor fail.

I've only used Male body type 4 for a bounty hunter and a trooper. The trooper was an attempt to emulate Farva from Super Troopers.

As far as male body type 4 not really being fat, that's kinda true, but unless your character is walking around shirtless or in one of those relaxed tops it looks fat, there is no truly comparable option that even has the remotest appearance of being fat for the female side.

Play how you want to play, people tell you otherwise; ignore them and move on. I hate when people who feel like they can't play a certain way cause a vocal minority feels the need to harass them. Be free my body type 4 brother, be free. Edited by SgtJeremy

Body type 4 rules! I just wish it was closer to my RL body type (body type 4.75). Needs to be a bit taller and a bit fatter!

But it's hilarious, I love it. I'm a big guy, so I like having my toons match me. And I embrace the bigness. I have BHunters named Lunch-box (because I always have food around), Ice-box (full fridge) then on the Pub side I have Lunch-pail and Fat-box. I could care less what other people think about me and my toons.

Chicks dig the big teddy bears! :) On a side note, in exactly the same gear and stats, teams "think" I tank better with my fat toons than my little female toons. It's not the armor, the fat absorbing the damage apparently

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.