After Such A Long Absence, Why Is The Gree Event Only 1 Week?

arunav

Honest question - it has come and gone for 2 years now, and I assume "extending" it for people trying to get reputation, etc., isn't a huge concern at this point.

So why limit it to 1 week? In the past, it used to run for 2 if I'm not mistaken...

Edited by arunav

Honest question - it come and gone for 2 years now, and I assume "extending" it for people trying to get reputation, etc., isn't a huge concern at this point.

So why limit it to 1 week? In the past, it used to run for 2 if I'm not mistaken...

2 years? hardly, last year it was brought in around christmas.

The only thing that bothers me in Gree event is reputation cap.

I mean why?

I will farm rep items anyway and i will get my reputation anyway.

So why restrictions?

Rep vendors already stay in one place so there's no point in cap.

Cancel it already. Or at least expand it to 30000.

OP: Having it only last a week and having a rep cap keeps the event in demand. Thats the only reason I can think of...

Actually it doesn't.

Why?

Here a few reasons.

1. Helix components is the only reason that keep people interested. Without it you can't buy anything.

2. Cap would make sence only if rep vendors was removed after event ends (as it was as far as i remember). So people couldn't buy anything. But since vendors are stay.... No reason for cap at all.

When event is over i will not be able to farm rep items in ANY case. Event itself is a rep cap. Why do we need another one?

Its not interesting. Its annoying and frustrating.

Actually it doesn't.

Why?

Here a few reasons.

1. Helix components is the only reason that keep people interested. Without it you can't buy anything.

2. Cap would make sence only if rep vendors was removed after event ends (as it was as far as i remember). So people couldn't buy anything. But since vendors are stay.... No reason for cap at all.

When event is over i will not be able to farm rep items in ANY case. Event itself is a rep cap. Why do we need another one?

Its not interesting. Its annoying and frustrating.

Not saying I agree... but the rep cap is to prevent farming on multiple alts... so you can't "finish" the event in one week. Its a dual cap...

Again, not saying I agree with their decision... just answering your question. They want it to be something you have to do over a series of events.... not complete it in one.

Not saying I agree... but the rep cap is to prevent farming on multiple alts... so you can't "finish" the event in one week. Its a dual cap...
Actually, with enough alts, you probably can finish the event (rep-wise) in one week.

You wouldn't be able to hit max rep that week, but you could earn enough tokens and cash them in on subsequent weeks to hit max before the event rolls around again.

I say "probably" because I don't know exactly how many rep tokens drop from every activity so the Gree math may not quite work out but I know for a fact that it was possible to cap Rakghoul in one week so at the very least, you'd be able to get very, very close with Gree.

Actually, with enough alts, you probably can finish the event (rep-wise) in one week.

You wouldn't be able to hit max rep that week, but you could earn enough tokens and cash them in on subsequent weeks to hit max before the event rolls around again.

I say "probably" because I don't know exactly how many rep tokens drop from every activity so the Gree math may not quite work out but I know for a fact that it was possible to cap Rakghoul in one week so at the very least, you'd be able to get very, very close with Gree.

I reached champion in one event (didn't realy bothered before).

And only thing i couldnt complete is to farm enough components.

If i would have enough alts, i could hit legend even with weekly cap.

So... Why do we need weekly cap again? :confused:

Edited by Kingsbount

I mean why?

So why restrictions?

They have a reputation cap on this? LOL. No thanks. I'll skip it. What a waste of time LOL.

/signed

I'd love to see it every 3 months myself. Let's be honest the only reason people use it is for the helixes to get legacy offhands. Since they don't exist in any other fashion in game.

Maybe it's time we see more Legacy offhands on other REP vendors?

Do we know the exact date that the Gree event will start or is it still slated for a "end of February sometime" timeframe? I don't want to miss out. Thanks!

Posted in the patch notes for 3.1 (Tait linked in DEV) for Feb 24 > Mar 3 I think was the exact dates.

Do we know the exact date that the Gree event will start or is it still slated for a "end of February sometime" timeframe? I don't want to miss out. Thanks!

It's in the patch notes for 24th of Feb start. It could change though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I mean why?

So why restrictions?

You can save them and turn them in subsequent weeks, this is a non issue.

OT, it is always one week. Personally I finished the event the first or second time it was released, so I really don't care about it. But it would be nice if it was more frequent for people that care.

You can save them and turn them in subsequent weeks, this is a non issue.

OT, it is always one week. Personally I finished the event the first or second time it was released, so I really don't care about it. But it would be nice if it was more frequent for people that care.

Lately it's 1-week, but that's not how it's always been.

OP: Having it only last a week and having a rep cap keeps the event in demand. Thats the only reason I can think of...

My whole point is the event is 2 years old, so that doesn't make much sense to me anymore. Perhaps it still does for the developers, though, since they have access to player data...

Last Gree event was in summer 2014

In the Op, I was stating the event is 2 years old, not the last time it occurred.

The reason for stating this is "extending" the content by limiting it to 1 week now doesn't make as much sense, at least to me, since the event is quite old.

Having it be 2 weeks like it was originally would at least give players something else to do, when there isn't a lot of endgame at 60 right now.

Edited by arunav

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.