Been away for two years!

Dougiec

Hey guys,

Decided to reactivate my account (lvl.28) and get back into the swing of things. Since i've been away for a while is there anything major i need a heads up about first?

Also wondering if the servers are reasonably full as lack of players made me quit last time... (English, PvE, The Red Eclipse)

You'll wanna start by researching the Slot Machine debacle, and then whining about that.

You'll fit in.

Don't forget that he has to pick a side... either whine about it (like me) or call all the people whining about it "losers that should grow up".

And then there's the Ravagers exploit. You'll have to pick a side there too... either the bans were completely unfair and excessive to the point of making you want to unsub, or the people exploiting need to be strung up and held as an example for future exploiters.

Lots of polarisation on these boards lately.

Meh, not interested in all the politics, just want to get back into the game! As long as the severs are populated i'll be a happy man, loved the game before so looking forward to getting back into it. Might have to do a class refresher first though! :D

Meh, not interested in all the politics, just want to get back into the game! As long as the severs are populated i'll be a happy man, loved the game before so looking forward to getting back into it. Might have to do a class refresher first though! :D

Just came back last night myself after a long hiatus, started from fresh and have to say I really enjoyed it, the (EU) servers I played on seemed lively enough in my opinion.

No doubt there will be some things that irk me as time goes on, but that is true with any game I guess.

Maybe just give it a shot and see if you like it, I think with any of these games if you find a good group of like minded folks to play with it makes it much more fun.

Hey guys,

Decided to reactivate my account (lvl.28) and get back into the swing of things. Since i've been away for a while is there anything major i need a heads up about first?

Also wondering if the servers are reasonably full as lack of players made me quit last time... (English, PvE, The Red Eclipse)

Hi Dougie,

Welcome back. When continuing your leveling, you'll notice that your skill tree is gone, replaced with a disciplines system. This sytem allows for much more clear understanding of each spec and a faster way to swap and try different specs. It's a great system, despite not allowing for hybrid specs.

Skills no longer cost money to upgrade! When you go to upgrade your skills and unlock new skills, it no longer costs any money! This in combination with the new discipline spec system makes leveling much less confusing.

Strongholds are here. Strongholds are housing systems where you place your decorations and furniture around rooms using a standard "hook" system as seen in other MMOs with housing.

Level 60! With the expansion you can take on even more story than we had two years before and level up to sixty.

Visit swtor.reddit.com and see the sidebar, it has a lot of helpful links. Visit dulfy.com for even more information about everything new in SWTOR, as well as what is upcoming in SWTOR! At the latest Catina they announced a lot of great stuff. Dulfy has it all covered on her site, just go to the SWTOR section.

Cool, really looking forward to this patch finishing downloading so i can get in! It's already at "play" status but just does a screen res change and no game. Good things come to those who wait!

Never been on the PvP's. quite like my stroylines/quests with no constant interruption unless you seek it.

Just spent an hour reading up on dulfy about classes, cant even remember what i was playing, have a feeling guardian though. Think vig guard will be the order of the day for now! Quick refresh, few quests then guild time i reckon!

Are the arena's split into the different lvl's now? i.e, mid being up to lvl.29?

Edited by Dougiec

Seriously? ffs

No. There are some issues on some planets but its nowhere near anything like 2 years ago. Log on yourself and find out if you like it. There have been MASSIVE improvements in the game and its systems.

That said...

Problem areas:

WZs Frame Rate is terrible right now. Same can be said for 16m ops. The dev team made some updates to the GUI and now the GUI is chewing up processor cycles like never before. The GUI is obviously the culprit and we have been told they are working on it.

Cool, already signed up for a 6 month sub.:)

Heavily o/c'd 4960x and pair of 780Ti KPE's should manage fine....;)

It should... and today it is doing better...

A few weeks ago, it wouldn't have mattered, we spent 6 weeks with ability lag like you wouldn't believe... the current dev team is fast with the CM updates and slow with the core game...

I have also not long been back after 2 1/2 years. I know what your about to face and it can be a little over whelming.

Mostly vanity items for the most part and most of it a waste of money and time. Am talking Strongholds (pure money sink) are pointless. While the perks of a few things in them can be help full, mod stations, access to your own stuff in house from guild banks etc. Imo strongholds are a waste of time and I wont bother upgrading my Dromund kass home because apart from the obvious stuff I just mentioned mail box , bank access etc the rest is pure money sink and pointless.

The shear amount of spamming selling gold has not been addressed at all. Also the amount of un regulated moderators have either. While lvling another alt in dromund kass there was a dude spamming that he hated muslims and being quite toxic about it, though hrs later when I returned he was still there. So for admins doing there job, nope.

The slot machine issue I completely missed. And upon returning finding that the crafting market is more or less being killed of by ( a working item according to the devs) now nerf'd to the ground. PPl are well brassed off about this. Though I did miss out about it, buying one 2 weeks before the nerf.

Exploits not being dealt with , and a velvet glove approach the temp bans while ppl keeping said items who exploited.

Don't get me wrong, I do still like this game, but it has many bad and un addressed issues. Lag, toolbars disappearing while loading, resulting in lock out timers for 15 mins, that your punished for there bugs.

The cartel market is the Bastard child of EA. no surprise to me about EA policys of draining the fool and its money.

While most items u see on there can be bought without real money and purchased through the GTN anyways.

I haven't yet gotten to the raid content, as I have decided to avoid for the moment. Though am in a guild that raids I have no interest atm to do so. Am lvling various alts seeing what has changed and seeing what I prefer to play atm.

The content is rock solid for the most part . Leveling alts on your legacy is one of the few aspects of this game I do prefer as it gives a good foundation for the rest of your alts if u ever decided to level, boosting them etc with a few good perks. I put down £20 for 2 months to see if I wanted to return . I have enjoyed my time on it, plugged away on a sorc in Kuat drive yards, and got my marauder to lvl 60. Like any mmo its all about the grind and this never changed wether it be wow or lotr or another other. I hope u get yourself in a good guild that will guide u along your path, u may need a good deal of advice. For the most part of builds hasn't really changed to much, and this game is fairly easy to pick up and play. Know your rotations, dps your socks off. Good luck to ya bud

Welcome back! I just had two other friends that played way before I ever did re-sub too, and I'm about to (finally) create toons on multiple servers to be able to group with them.

Don't get me wrong, this game has a ton of issues that need resolved, but for me...it's still my "go to" game by far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.