i dont know what im doing and i need your help

Daniellcarlson

so for 46 levels i have been lost..

first problem is the treek companion..i am a dps sith sorc..do i have her as a healer or tank because i gear her as a tank with endurance shield and defense gear and seems like she goes down cause she is drawing threat..i switch her to heals with the same gear and everything is fine...that does seem right to me. if i have her as heals what stats do i stack? primary secondary etc etc.

crew skills...id like to be self sufficent so what do i take on? id like to learn all the crew skills and eventually just chase achievements and schematics for said crew skills.

if i take on a companion thats not treek, how do i go about selecting when the right piece of gear should be taken through questing? should i basically take the weakest piece and replace it out of all the gear between myself and the companion?

achievements..should i just level one toon and chase legacy achievements or just bite the bullet and level all the classes and then go after legacy achievements?

oh i been away for some time has there been any talk about respecs for advance class change?

i think thats it for right now

Edited by Daniellcarlson

Treek very good for healing if equip correctly. As for crew skills i took slicing for schematic's and underworld trading. Then i took armortech. Slicing can also bring in some cred's, Underworld trading being top notch for making cred's but at higher level's.

Hope this help's you.

:rak_03:

Tanking stance gives Treek increased armor rating but also the same time increases her threat generation. Unlike other tanking companions, Treek can keep herself alive longer through self-heal, but your DPS must be top notch and kill enemies before they kill Treek, or keep her alive longer through bubble + heals.

In healing stance, primary stat is Aim and secondary is Power. Remove anything that has defense rating and shield absorption, and replace her shield for maximum heals. A Sorc can facetank pretty much anything with bubble + Unnatural Preservation + a bit of heals, with properly equipped Treek in healing stance you're unstoppable. :D

I would suggest investing in basic commendations and buying mods over buying greens from GTN. They last longet before needing to be replaced (myself, I replace mine and companion's every ten levels or so, including earpiece and implants) and cost nothing but a bit of effort in doing dailies. Every companion has their own mainstat. For SI, Khem is Endurance + Strength, Andronikos is Cunning, Ashara is Strength, Talos is Cunning, and Xalek is Willpower (though you might want to check Google, haven't played my Sorc in some time).

Slicing and Scavenging give quite a bit of income and easy to level up. Artifice makes lightsaber hilts, barrels and enhancement, Cybertech makes armoring and mods (at the highest level they can sell a million a piece). To be fully self- sufficient you would have another toon because you can only choose Artifice or Cybertech.

Most legacy achivements can be achieved in one toon (flashpoints, operations, exploration, crew skills, GSF, stronghold) but you would have to level other toons to get story-related achievements and unlock legacy buff. The choice is yours, but it's advisable to at least level one toon to endgame. Do dailies to fund the new toons you start.

No, there hasn't. If you've picked an advanced class you're stuck with it. :p

Edited by iusCogens

Slicing and Scavenging give quite a bit of income and easy to level up. Artifice makes lightsaber hilts, barrels and enhancement, Cybertech makes armoring and mods (at the highest level they can sell a million a piece). To be fully self- sufficient you would have another toon because you can only choose Artifice or Cybertech.

Minor correction to an otherwise very informative post. Artifice does not make barrels. That's Armstech. Artifice also makes color crystals and dye modules in addition to some other stuff. But between cybertech and artifice you have most of the modifications covered. You can get the rest via commendations with no pressure to spend so many on the way up. One thing to remember is to gather as much as you can on planets because materials can be expensive to buy on the GTN.

so for 46 levels i have been lost..

first problem is the treek companion..i am a dps sith sorc..do i have her as a healer or tank because i gear her as a tank with endurance shield and defense gear and seems like she goes down cause she is drawing threat..i switch her to heals with the same gear and everything is fine...that does seem right to me. if i have her as heals what stats do i stack? primary secondary etc etc.

crew skills...id like to be self sufficent so what do i take on? id like to learn all the crew skills and eventually just chase achievements and schematics for said crew skills.

if i take on a companion thats not treek, how do i go about selecting when the right piece of gear should be taken through questing? should i basically take the weakest piece and replace it out of all the gear between myself and the companion?

achievements..should i just level one toon and chase legacy achievements or just bite the bullet and level all the classes and then go after legacy achievements?

oh i been away for some time has there been any talk about respecs for advance class change?

i think thats it for right now

In my experience treek works best as a healer. This means stacking Aim, Power, Crit, Surge, Alacrity; ditching tank stats. That being said, treek can work as a tank but YOU have to heal her - her healing is insufficient to keep herself alive.

It takes a minimum of six and upwards of eight characters at 50+ to be truly self-sufficient with crafting. This is a significant investment in time and credits. Not saying you should not do it. What I am saying is prepare yourself. A good starting point is probably Cybertech with Scavenging and Underworld Trading. Cybertech crafts two of the three item modifications that moddable armor take (armorings and mods), it also crafts one of the three static stat gear pieces - ear pieces.

regarding other companions, my advice is to stick with one companion, if that is treek so be it. If you try to gear up all your companions all of them will always be undergeared.

On achievements, I am probably not one to answer this question. Personally, I do not care about achievements; if they happen great, if not that's OK too... I do not seek achievements.

regarding AC change: never say never, but it's never gonna happen :D

regarding respec: I assume you mean saved specs because the "field re-specialization" legacy unlock has existed since legacy was introduced. There are no saved specs yet. They may happen some day, but do not get your hopes up for anytime soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.