Griefing in non-PvP areas

gbrumback

So today I am running around Yavin on my Gunslinger and in the temple area I have this PvP flagged Assassin run in and start wailing on my mobs, after I have already tagged them. At first I just thought he was trying to beat me to them. But then he stealths and when I go to the next group he repeats the process. Now I realize he is probably waiting for me to do an AOE with him in the middle of my mobs to get me flagged. Thankfully, I am smarter than than. I tend to avoid things that get my PvP flag turned on, because I suck at PvP. And that is the main reason I play on a PvE server. Someone in general chat said certain guilds, that I will not name here, are notorious for this kind of activity. And this Sin was in one of those guilds. Now, if I were to manually turn my PvP flag on I am asking for a fight, litterally or figuratively and if you want to attack me I'm fair game. But running into my AOE to force flag me is just being a douche. I really wish BW would do something about this. I'm thinking that unless you are already flagged, your AOE's should not damage/affect another player even if their flag is on. And I know some people may say, "Just deal with it and quit whining", saw that in general chat. But, Harbinger is a PvE server not a PvP server. So, I should not have to deal with PvP if I do not want to. If you are desperate for open world PvP and think everyone should be fair game, then please transfer to a PvP server. You would also get the benefit of a stable server.

Shame that they fixed it. Used to love doing it to people all the time making them aoe mobs so I could gladly grief and kill them and then do it again; shame indeed. Regardless, I still kill anyone I come across that is pvp flagged even if it's only me and their are 8 other people flag cause I like screwing things up.

Shame that they fixed it. Used to love doing it to people all the time making them aoe mobs so I could gladly grief and kill them and then do it again; shame indeed. Regardless, I still kill anyone I come across that is pvp flagged even if it's only me and their are 8 other people flag cause I like screwing things up.

Was more fun when u could throw a guard on a green npc that was being attacked, instant flagging for all!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.