When more people unsub then sub daily

objectofhatred

so after the last few weeks i have decided to unsub...i have to say i have spent in the 1000's of $'s on this game, and after the ultra fail expansion im done, me and my wife are unsubb'd ... i played RIFT for 1 day and realized what mmo's should have evolved into..that game is miles above swtor and wow ...

hopefully bioware / EA start taking this crap seriously and fix this game and add the things that should have been added a long time ago for the people that still keep playing it..

This game since shadows of revan has come out has lost more subs on a daily basis then people subbing ...its seems like its just a matter of time before this game falls apart and there just letting it happen...how a game based on Star Wars can fail so horribly is beyond me ...the 1-50lv content is sound if they put that kind of effort in the game this game would compete with warcraft

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so after the last few weeks i have decided to unsub...i have to say i have spent in the 1000's of $'s on this game, and after the ultra fail expansion im done, me and my wife are unsubb'd ... i played RIFT for 1 day and realized what mmo's should have evolved into..that game is miles above swtor and wow ...

hopefully bioware / EA start taking this crap seriously and fix this game and add the things that should have been added a long time ago for the people that still keep playing it..

This game since shadows of revan has come out has lost more subs on a daily basis then people subbing ...its seems like its just a matter of time before this game falls apart and there just letting it happen...how a game based on Star Wars can fail so horribly is beyond me ...the 1-50lv content is sound if they put that kind of effort in the game this game would compete with warcraft

Citations needed. Your *** is not a source by the way.

And Rift. Eww.

I've been seriously looking into playing Rift. I wonder what the server populations are like? It's got to be more than what's on SWTOR, eh? I wonder what content is like on Rift? Hopefully, it's as good as SWTOR from 1 - 50, and as good as WoW (excluding pandas).

As far as 55 - 60 content on SWTOR goes, I thought those were good stories. It's just that they were so short. They were over, it seemed before they got going good.

I guess I can look into Rift....

Well, you can add my name to the list of people who will not be resubbing.

I have just been hanging around these forums because I find it funny reading the threads from this dysfunctional community and the petty infighting from various factions that inhabit these forums.

I would offer my stuff to who-ever but that would require me to give enough of a **** to actually log back in.

to each their own.

I tried rift. multiple times. longest I managed before logging out in boredom was an hour. which doesn't make it a bad game, but it doesn't objectively make it into a game "mmo's should have evolved into"

there's this little thing called "personal preferences" different people have different ones. which is why having variety of MMO's is key.

that said... developers really need to get their **** together, because as much as TOR in concept is the game for me, lately its been just.. a mess in the way some of the things here are being handled.

few years ago, I used to have this favorite sushi place. I would go there almost every time was treating myself with takeout. except this one day, I went in and they hired new waiters and we waited for almost an hour to get our food and while sushi was still good, hot food was barely warm and just the attitude we got from our server was... awful. and even though, sushi was still good, we didn't go back. not with that sort of service. few years later, out of sense of nostalgia, I suppose, I came by the place and well... it was shut down. because even with good food, when you treat your customers badly, sooner or later, they will leave. this is how I'm starting to feel with TOR. I still enjoy the content overall, but service is getting progressively worse.

I'm not at a breaking point where I don't want to play the game at all (in part thanks to my guilds) but if bioware keeps going down that road...

aaanyways, the point is I'm glad that OP, you found a game that works for you. its just.. lets not get hasty and start making broad generalized claims based on personal prefferences

here's the deal if you want to leave, then leave FULL STOP. Life goes on. No matter what BW does, they will never make the game into what YOU want it to be.

This is not my first MMO and I'd wager it's not your first either. SO you left one to be here. Things change and our interests evolve but we can't help trying to hold on to something that doesn't do it for us any more; it's our nature.

Go to RIFT and I can guarantee you that you will be saying similar things in a few years. It just means your interest has waned, so move on.

Sometimes you just need a break. I really like SOR. I have completed with it 17 chrs. Makeb just 1. Oricon 3. Are there things that need to be to be changed with the game in general? Sure but that is just my opinion. Others might not like the changes I think would be good. Since the game doesn't revolve around me BW has to look at the overall picture.

Someday i'd like to take the time to count all the "I'm cancelling my sub/slap in the face/fix your stupid game BW" threads in these forums. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a 4-digit number prob starting with a 3 or maybe even 4.

Seriously why do some ppl think that somehow are that significant that we care if they rae subbed or not? And why do ppl keep replying in these threads? And no the "can i have your stuff" replies don't count, they're still a supid responce.

I guess old habits won't die easily if ever.......

Rift. Lol. Yes, i agree the f2p system there is really good. But the focus on ingame store there is (or was when i played 1 year ago) on incomparable levels to swtor. And those events focused on getting chest and buying keys on the store was just the last straw for me

Someday i'd like to take the time to count all the "I'm cancelling my sub/slap in the face/fix your stupid game BW" threads in these forums. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a 4-digit number prob starting with a 3 or maybe even 4.

Seriously why do some ppl think that somehow are that significant that we care if they rae subbed or not? And why do ppl keep replying in these threads? And no the "can i have your stuff" replies don't count, they're still a supid responce.

I guess old habits won't die easily if ever.......

And yet, here you are replying to one such thread... You must have cared....

I would LOVE to see some statistics to back up the claim that more are unsubbing than subbing.

(and no, the number of forum threads about it doesn't count, cause I could make one this second without actually unsibbing)

the cartel market is enough evidence to suggest this.

Seriously why do some ppl think that somehow are that significant that we care if they rae subbed or not? And why do ppl keep replying in these threads?

You ask why people keep replying to these threads ... as you just did yourself? :)

As far as the wider issue, I think it actually is important for people to post if they are unsubbing. I have worked as a community manager for game companies before and I can tell you that the tenor of the community does matter. Yes, you have to take much with a grain of salt and certainly it takes a lot of work to separate signal from noise.

But when there are threads of people leaving, the community managers can look at statistics at how many of those have actually unsubbed. And if they do see correlation, good community managers not only take that back to their management but attempt to figure out what is going on, look for correlations in the content of the posts for those who say they are unsubscribing, and so on.

So my advice would be if you don't like these kind of posts, simply don't respond to them. Or don't read them in the first place.

1. Rift is bad. There is a reason you just tried it when it launched 4 years ago. It was a great game at launch, there were progression guilds, pvp was fun. Now, it's a money grubber. Enjoy your time there.

2. People don't post on the forums when they first sub, so yes you're going to think that "more people unsub then sub daily"

3. Rift is bad.

I loved Shadow of Revan and completed it on eight of my toons so far, and the next set of eight 55's will be done, after I'm done gearing out the first set. I have plenty to do, and I'm not bored. Housing also continues to be awesome, but I need more room!

I'm having a good time on the forums, talking to people here.

I know there are a couple of issues with cheaters on something called the Ravagers (no clue really what happened there, I'm a solo-er/play with hubby sort) and then the thing with the slot machines. That needs to be properly dealt with, as the resolution they came up with is far from adequate. I think it can be done, and I would like to see more machines or mini type games in the future, but that's not enough to quit over.

If you feel the need to quit, that's your decision, and you're entitled, but to come on here and claim that zoodles of people are leaving in droves, when you have no numbers or stats or proof, that's just BS. Many people sign on here all the time. I see new names on the forum, all the time. Some are returnees, some are new, we just don't seem to hear from them as much as from the whiners.

Have fun at Rift. I'll be doing the same right here, tyvm.

Edited by Lunafox

Trion World's RIFT: "No Tricks, No Traps"

Don't worry, give it about 3 months of playing and you'll start seeing the subtle "tricks and traps". They're gonna sucker you in til 50 then they're gonna hit you with the pay wall. :D

Enjoy the awe$ome time modifying your endgame gear!

Edited by Mavolio

It's normal to need a break. I've taken two of a couple of months each.

One time in the first year because the mess back then and GW2 coming out and once because of a really bad experience with a guild that I really needed to take some distance from.

GW2 sucked by the way...but Rift. I did try that but I though it was total crap. I have no idea what you mean when you say it's what MMOs should be. Really I don't.

But hey if it works for you then great. We'll see in a couple of months if you still feel that way as others mentioned already.

Citations needed. Your *** is not a source by the way.

And Rift. Eww.

Rift was ok but he only played 1 day

Wait till he plays 20 days and finds out hes seen everything and done every thing there is to do

suddenly Rift isnt so appealing after that

Don't get me wrong, Rift has some features I feel should be mandatory in all MMORPGs going forward.

But Rift is so easy to max out in and once you hit max there is literally nothing going on to keep you coming back for more.

And that's always been Rifts biggest issue (I beta tested Rift and have played 2 separate times. Its an AMAZING GAME when you still have content to experience for the first time but that content is literally done once you seen it. On that front even SW:TOR has more replay value then Rift).

But I would LOVE to have following Rift features in SW:TOR

- RIFTS (public grouping)

- Dimensions (housing with a huge twist. Love SW:TOR housing but if you adde din Rifts dimensions feature to SW:TOR housing you would have a truly exciting housing feature)

- Class building style

so after the last few weeks i have decided to unsub...i have to say i have spent in the 1000's of $'s on this game, and after the ultra fail expansion im done, me and my wife are unsubb'd ... i played RIFT for 1 day and realized what mmo's should have evolved into..that game is miles above swtor and wow

Then go play Rift. I won't play Rift because I have had my fill of generic Orcs and Elves fantasy. But, hey, whatever gets you through the day.

I just wonder if you really think anyone here cares that you and your wife are canceling, other than the minimal amount of caring required to post "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you" or "Can I have your stuff?"

We humans are funny. It kinda works like this:

One person has an issue and wonders OMG this can't be, surely I must not be the only person to have this issue? This is the assumption because clearly our level of anger must mean something major is going on, more than just one person overreacting.

Then a second person says they don't like it. Victory!! Two people is proof there is more going on, isn't it?

But then a third person says the same and now we are sure: Everybody hates this.

Logic? Who needs it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.