Unexpected Issues?

headshot_hendo

Ok so im seeing a large amount of threads saying things weren't as bad pre 3.0.

So prior to 3.0 we had hybrid specs and carnage mara MM sniper combo global. The same things happened before 3.0. People should have expected problems to occur.

We gained a new combat system to make thing easier for newer players. With the disciplines everyone who plays that class is on the same page. I assume this is for balance.

Each player has simple access to the dumbed down "power" attack combinations making them successful. Globals and excess damage will be much more prevalent now.

We gained 5 new levels with access to more stats in gear and better augments. This gives more damage to players.

Now with these things gained how are people shocked that there are issues?

Its not the same old sh$t now. Its new cooler content with issues that eventually be fixed. Why are you unhappy with something new the creators could have said "they dont deserve new stuff, we cant do it right so they will just whine about it." They didnt you got new content, quit whining and offer information they can use.

Ok so im seeing a large amount of threads saying things weren't as bad pre 3.0.

So prior to 3.0 we had hybrid specs and carnage mara MM sniper combo global. The same things happened before 3.0. People should have expected problems to occur.

We gained a new combat system to make thing easier for newer players. With the disciplines everyone who plays that class is on the same page. I assume this is for balance.

Each player has simple access to the dumbed down "power" attack combinations making them successful. Globals and excess damage will be much more prevalent now.

We gained 5 new levels with access to more stats in gear and better augments. This gives more damage to players.

Its not the same old sh$t now. Its new cooler content with issues that eventually be fixed. Why are you unhappy with something new the creators could have said "they dont deserve new stuff, we cant do it right so they will just whine about it." They didnt you got new content, quit whining and offer information they can use.

For many weeks now, many people have "offered" solutions to the plethora of problems 3.0 added particularly to the pvp system. Nothing has been acknowledged, let alone improved. This exacerbates the problems, when BW seems apathetic, which is how it is intepreted when no feedback is given to the community. None at all.

And, I don't feel like I am lucky they happened to give new content to me, as a paying customer. I expected that much. You pay for a service, to receive something. The pve stuff was fair. But what they did o PVP was ruin it. The gameplay of PVP is the worst it has ever been. Period.

I consider myself a pretty avid pvper, a subscriber and I will not log in anymore, I have not logged in for 4-5 days now. I like to chat with people via the forums, and I will do that and hope that they make some big changes but I am not holding my breath.

I suspect I will find a new game to play before that occurs. Which is fine according to BW and many of the players here, because pvpers are a minority and they don't matter. Sad, but true. I was in denial before, not now. If pvp did matter, many things would have been addressed on the pvp end of things, and they have not.

quit whining and offer information they can use.

hahahahahaha......

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=732775

Over one hundred pages of "information they can use" as suggestions. This is just ONE of these kinds of threads on the forums. What you say is....insulting....blasphemous, narrow, ignorant, and downright ridiculous sir. The community has offered ALOT more than whining.:rolleyes:

So fixing stuff like bolster that is still messed up? Or the sorc/sage interrupt bug? Mando cleanse bug? Or any of the other plethora of bugs that have been reported, and were reported in the first week and should have been fixed by now, and still haven't been fixed because BW did not do a proper beta testing for PvP?

hahahahahaha......

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=732775

Over one hundred pages of "information they can use" as suggestions. This is just ONE of these kinds of threads on the forums. What you say is....insulting....blasphemous, narrow, ignorant, and downright ridiculous sir. The community has offered ALOT more than whining.:rolleyes:

Where? I see nerf this, thats OP, that class does better its not fair, whine whine whine. Maras were the extreme issues and they are being fixed. Buts still whine whine whine. "Players focus me because I do alot of damage if the dont BW fix it."

What do honestly expect from BW? Do you want them to drop everything for a small group? It sucks, I dont do PVE so believe me I know. What do you honestly want them to do? Not enough of us spend money and focus on PVP enough for BW to prioritize us. Its simple reality, kinda just gotta roll with the punches and find whats fun.

Edited by headshot_hendo

So fixing stuff like bolster that is still messed up? Or the sorc/sage interrupt bug? Mando cleanse bug? Or any of the other plethora of bugs that have been reported, and were reported in the first week and should have been fixed by now, and still haven't been fixed because BW did not do a proper beta testing for PvP?

Exactly. It's hard to believe anyone that PVPs regularly is satisfied atm. In fact, I find it impossible to believe. The OP has to be a BW mole.

Maras have changes coming. The new Undying Rage seems legit and might make them OP. Well informed players made calm precise threads explaining the issue in depth and offering thought out solutions. And it worked.

People attach so much emotion to posts. There was a thread for sins needing to be nerfed into malfunction to reduce the population. Who takes you seriously. Half the players that post also claim 80% of the players are cheating and hacking. What do people expect.

Lag issues addressed, Operations exploit fixed, economy issues addressed, marauder survivability adressed, stronghold decorations bugs addressed, other minor issues affecting PVE addressed. Why would BW stop what they are doing for the larger community to address minor PVP bugs.

Just from a track record point of view. Had BW fixed the lag issues in the makeb arena? No. How long did it take them to fix bolster bugs pre 3.0? 6 months or more. In early game how long did it take BW to address the issue of rakata gear being more effective than EXPT gear in warzones? 6-8 months and it still wasnt actually fixed.

So what is new? You want things to change but where does whining and crying get you? Well kinda exactly where we are, on the back burner.

Realistically speaking from a business stand point, SWTOR could lose its strictly PVP community entirely and feel little effect due to casual PVPers who also do alot of PVE contributing more money. Most "elite PVPers alos have tons of referrals so the CC market stimulated economy would even out.

It sucks but we arent that important.

Something that makes it more fun, expect nothing so when changes come you can be elated instead of jaded.

Maras have changes coming. The new Undying Rage seems legit and might make them OP. Well informed players made calm precise threads explaining the issue in depth and offering thought out solutions. And it worked.

People attach so much emotion to posts. There was a thread for sins needing to be nerfed into malfunction to reduce the population. Who takes you seriously. Half the players that post also claim 80% of the players are cheating and hacking. What do people expect.

lol I don't know what to say to this. PVP had some problems prior to 3.0, it wasn't perfect that's for sure. It was fun though, and the problems were tolerable. When Bioware decided to try utilities and buff certain classes with 3.0, all of the problems in PVP were only made worse.

Lag issues addressed, Operations exploit fixed, economy issues addressed, marauder survivability adressed, stronghold decorations bugs addressed, other minor issues affecting PVE addressed. Why would BW stop what they are doing for the larger community to address minor PVP bugs.

Just from a track record point of view. Had BW fixed the lag issues in the makeb arena? No. How long did it take them to fix bolster bugs pre 3.0? 6 months or more. In early game how long did it take BW to address the issue of rakata gear being more effective than EXPT gear in warzones? 6-8 months and it still wasnt actually fixed.

So what is new? You want things to change but where does whining and crying get you? Well kinda exactly where we are, on the back burner.

This is why the game is slowly bleeding players.

Players do post well thought out and detailed information on bugs and exploits that aren't addressed in a timely manner and instead BW concentrates on things like decoration bugs where the community that actually cares about those bugs is probably smaller than the PvP one.

If BW did what they were actually supposed to do when there is a beta, then a lot of the bugs from 3.0, and honestly from the earlier expansions as well, would never have made it into the game.

Most players understand that there will inevitably be bugs when a new xpac or even patch is brought live. However, the amount of bugs that BW lets slip though simply because they do not do proper testing is astounding.

Where this really concerns PvP is that players are tired of consistently waiting 3, 4, 5, or 6 months for things to be fixed that should never have been introduced. Players are leaving because of BW's past history of indifference towards part of its community and instead concentrates on things that have nothing to do with game play.

lol I don't know what to say to this. PVP had some problems prior to 3.0, it wasn't perfect that's for sure. It was fun though, and the problems were tolerable. When Bioware decided to try utilities and buff certain classes with 3.0, all of the problems in PVP were only made worse.

It was fun for you and I because the skill required to play the classes were higher. It was dumbed down for someone so i assume it wasnt fun for them. It was far from tolerable for alot of people thats why ranked ques dry up during seasons. But they didnt address problems with PVP any faster than they do now.

The issues with PVP are just easier to see now due to the ease of play. It sucks but nothing has changed.

This is why the game is slowly bleeding players.

Players do post well thought out and detailed information on bugs and exploits that aren't addressed in a timely manner and instead BW concentrates on things like decoration bugs where the community that actually cares about those bugs is probably smaller than the PvP one.

If BW did what they were actually supposed to do when there is a beta, then a lot of the bugs from 3.0, and honestly from the earlier expansions as well, would never have made it into the game.

Most players understand that there will inevitably be bugs when a new xpac or even patch is brought live. However, the amount of bugs that BW lets slip though simply because they do not do proper testing is astounding.

Where this really concerns PvP is that players are tired of consistently waiting 3, 4, 5, or 6 months for things to be fixed that should never have been introduced. Players are leaving because of BW's past history of indifference towards part of its community and instead concentrates on things that have nothing to do with game play.

95% dont post like that. BW never cared whether PVPers waited or not. Ya it causes bleeding but to a smaller extent than if they would focus solely on PVP.

Honestly do you expect BW to make less money to focus on us? It does suck but I would do the exact same thing in BW position. I just dont understand the outrage. Its obvious that BW isnt worried about PVPers money so where is the shock factor? Its been this way since launch.

We will ***** but honestly you still pay money for it knowing the state of PVP just like I do. Kinda just time to expect it.

Edited by headshot_hendo

95% dont post like that. BW never cared whether PVPers waited or not. Ya it causes bleeding but to a smaller extent than if they would focus solely on PVP.

Honestly do you expect BW to make less money to focus on us? It does suck but I would do the exact same thing in BW position. I just dont understand the outrage. Its obvious that BW isnt worried about PVPers money so where is the shock factor? Its been this way since launch.

I don't think anyone has ever asked them to focus solely on PvP. What people have asked for is for them to fix issues in a timely manner from when the issue is reported. When they don't people get frustrated and leave.

The fact of the matter is that if BW did concentrate a bit more on PvP they would see their player base for both PvP and PvE expand. There is a far greater chance of players returning, or new players subscribing, if that portion of the game is thriving over the number of players that would return or subscribe because they can now put a crystal formation in their house.

But your argument is that because they took so long to fix things in the past, people should expect them to take that long to fix things in the future and that should be acceptable. It's not and the number of people willing to accept it is dwindling fast.

I don't think anyone has ever asked them to focus solely on PvP. What people have asked for is for them to fix issues in a timely manner from when the issue is reported. When they don't people get frustrated and leave.

The fact of the matter is that if BW did concentrate a bit more on PvP they would see their player base for both PvP and PvE expand. There is a far greater chance of players returning, or new players subscribing, if that portion of the game is thriving over the number of players that would return or subscribe because they can now put a crystal formation in their house.

But your argument is that because they took so long to fix things in the past, people should expect them to take that long to fix things in the future and that should be acceptable. It's not and the number of people willing to accept it is dwindling fast.

I never said it was acceptable. Its reality. You cant please PVPers. Look at every single other mmo. Each pvp section is neglected. There is no money in it.

I never said it was acceptable. Its reality. You cant please PVPers. Look at every single other mmo. Each pvp section is neglected. There is no money in it.

While no, you can't please everyone, there are big issues that can, or could have been addressed, in a timely manner. There were dozens of threads about bolster being broken in 2.0 on the PTS but it still went live. It shouldn't have.

There are bugs in 3.0 with numerous classes and with bolster (again) that have been documented, but they aren't being addressed.

These aren't "His class beat my class nerf them threads" these are actual bug reports about things being broken that aren't being addressed and it is affecting PvP game play.

Go check the forums. Lol

Check the forums? That game is ancient, nothing lasts forever. But I bet you anything that it lasts longer, and has made more money over it's very long span of existence than SWTOR ever will.

I am pointing out that the other game was centered around PVP and was very successful so your argument that PVP doesn't generate money and that you can't make pvpers happy false. Obviously for a very long time that game satisfied pvpers.

No one epxects a game to be perfect, and pvpers know this better than anyone because typically it's much harder to balance pvp classes on a mmo. Mmo pvpers are used to imbalances. When they go on for months though, with no fixes ANY player will get tired of this.... Not just pvpers.

Edited by Lhancelot

While no, you can't please everyone, there are big issues that can, or could have been addressed, in a timely manner. There were dozens of threads about bolster being broken in 2.0 on the PTS but it still went live. It shouldn't have.

There are bugs in 3.0 with numerous classes and with bolster (again) that have been documented, but they aren't being addressed.

These aren't "His class beat my class nerf them threads" these are actual bug reports about things being broken that aren't being addressed and it is affecting PvP game play.

How is my point different from yours? If BW hasnt changed anything in the past and so many good PVPers have left, why did you expect anything different this expansion?

Its not right but its the truth.

Check the forums? That game is ancient, nothing lasts forever. But I bet you anything that it lasts longer, and has made more money over it's very long span of existence than SWTOR ever will.

I am pointing out that the other game was centered around PVP and was very successful so your argument that PVP doesn't generate money and that you can't make pvpers happy false. Obviously for a very long time that game satisfied pvpers.

No one epxects a game to be perfect, and pvpers know this better than anyone because typically it's much harder to balance pvp classes on a mmo. Mmo pvpers are used to imbalances. When they go on for months though, with no fixes ANY player will get tired of this.... Not just pvpers.

How is it false? Just by being here you make it true. Where do you think terms like FOTM come from? Swtor tried to do beter and failed. If WOW did so well why are WOW players still here? You can try to justify it all you want but how did you not expect issues to arise, then not be addressed after 3 years of the same old same old.

Be mad about it and want more, fine. But how are players shocked when they dont get it lol. They take it as a personal attack. Whine then still pay the sub at the end of the month.

How is it false? Just by being here you make it true. Where do you think terms like FOTM come from? Swtor tried to do beter and failed. If WOW did so well why are WOW players still here? You can try to justify it all you want but how did you not expect issues to arise, then not be addressed after 3 years of the same old same old.

Be mad about it and want more, fine. But how are players shocked when they dont get it lol. They take it as a personal attack. Whine then still pay the sub at the end of the month.

Well actually I am no longer mad, or even frustrated about it. I stopped logging in 5 days ago. When I am bored I like to forumquest, at least here it's balanced and even as a lowbie I can still contribute. By communicating with you here, my finger is on the pulse and if they ever make drastic changes I will log in again. I am not holding my breath. I will wait a month if things aint better I will stop my sub.

Well actually I am no longer mad, or even frustrated about it. I stopped logging in 5 days ago. When I am bored I like to forumquest, at least here it's balanced and even as a lowbie I can still contribute. By communicating with you here, my finger is on the pulse and if they ever make drastic changes I will log in again. I am not holding my breath. I will wait a month if things aint better I will stop my sub.

Its the logical choice. I still enjoy it because its star wars. Once EQ next comes out im gone as well no hesitation no coming back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.