So was the former havok squad infiltration expert a moron?

Jrr_hypernova

Because wraith chewed me out and called me a failed for getting caught in my "sneak attack" on the imp ship and the end of chapter one in the trooper story when said " sneak attack" consisted of telling the guard in the hanger I'm here to kill everyone letting him sound the alarm killing him and charging everything that mover head on with a gattling laser cannon. Now I'm no expert military tacit an but nothing about that method of assault even suggest sneaking or stealth was a component of the plan.

I've always wondered what real soldiers thought about the trooper and the agent stories.

Well, I haven't been in the US army, but in the german army, the player would get at least arrested 3-4 times, if not shot (yes, in times of war, it is a usual penalty to just get shot, when you openly disobey your superiors).

But then again, you also get an electronix expert, who tells you to cut the red wire on a bomb about to blow... and he does that, cause the red wire is showing such an agressive coloring... but the blue wire is twisted so viciously.... sorry, I wouldn't allow such an "electronic expert" to change a light bulb. The demolition expert of the squad wants to sell military equipment to the highest bidder.. in times of war.

In my 12 years, I experienced a lot of "interesting people" in the army, but thankfully I never had to deal with such illustrous beings as the havoc squad :)

Well, I haven't been in the US army, but in the german army, the player would get at least arrested 3-4 times, if not shot (yes, in times of war, it is a usual penalty to just get shot, when you openly disobey your superiors).

But then again, you also get an electronix expert, who tells you to cut the red wire on a bomb about to blow... and he does that, cause the red wire is showing such an agressive coloring... but the blue wire is twisted so viciously.... sorry, I wouldn't allow such an "electronic expert" to change a light bulb. The demolition expert of the squad wants to sell military equipment to the highest bidder.. in times of war.

In my 12 years, I experienced a lot of "interesting people" in the army, but thankfully I never had to deal with such illustrous beings as the havoc squad :)

as I've noted before, the trooper storyline isn't military realism. it's "military action movie" it's about as realistic as Rambo. (proably even less) so yeah definatly not "realistic"

Besides, it's gotta be as efficant as a buncha technobarbarians beating the tar outta each other for a promotion :)

The former havoc squad is like an evil version of the A-team. At least that was my impression of them.

Sure, compared to the realism that permeates the rest of the stories -- Wait! What realism?! Each and every character in the saga lives in the permanent state of suspended disbelief. Check in your common sense as you pickup your lightsabre, blaster or rifle.

I'm guessing you didn't spend your 12 years in the army in a battleground with participants who can levitate rocks and throw them (or bigger things), reflect armament with a hand, lift and choke without touching.

Yes, in the real world, an electronix expert who says such things will be sent to the funny farm, because in the real world, they'll be crazy. In the game world, Yuan has a psychic/supernatural ability to see patterns beyond the mundane that make him extremely effective. The wires may not actually be "aggressive" or "vicious", but that's how he describes the patterns he sees.

I won't defend Vic, every trooper I run wants to put him on the wrong side of an airlock.

And in the end, it's a story written by the devs, and they want players in position. The worst offender for me is bounty hunters. You're forced to cheat in the Great Hunt and lie about a kill while taking on a rather unreliable companion, take on a rather annoying weirdly talking guy who doesn't seem to do anything Mako can, and a mouthy screwup of a bounty hunter. The only ones I'd choose on every bounty hunter LS and DS would be Mako and Tobian.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.