Really time to address the credit sellers and farmers EA

Kalfear

So been noticing this more and more lately

there is 2 characters on Black Hole Harbinger (rep side) who can be found farming the same mobs 24/7/365. They are obviously farming credits to be used by credit sellers and are killing content designed for people who actually play the game.

Yesterday on Yavin I ran 3 characters through yavin (14 hour span) and the same people were clearing ALL arc artifact/crystals....metal....Bio nodes over that time. It was so bad that a couple instances I switched were picked clean (Id never once seen middle of map entirely clean of resource nodes before)

All they do is for 24/7/365 is run around their preset little area grabbing all the nodes as they pop and then selling them on GTN to funnel credits to credit sellers.

Which obviously negatively effects players trying to do content of area and forcing legitimate crafters to rely on missions (which I really don't mind and wish all crafting mats were gathered only through missions) which are more costly.

The Credit farmers and sellers are massively NEGATIVELY impacting this game in game experience and you EA REALLY need to finally step up and remove this filth already.

Said it before and say it again

Its easy to remove if you have the will to do so (and no it doesn't mean turning the game into P2W buy selling credits yourself for cash as some players like to claim)

1) Ban the spammers. IP bans. Gone for good

2) Review all reports DAILY (not over 2 months which is whats left open on my reports sadly) and ban those who are guilty of credit spamming (by shout/yell/chat/mail/whisper )

3) Put in a report option to specifically report credit farmers so you can investigate the claims (will be very easy to see if true or not) and ban those guilty of it (these are paid account so thiese bans will be the ones that truly hit the farmers/sellers)

4) Ban any players who are found to have purchased credits (they to willingly broke ToS. Not just the sellers)

Couple months of this will have all but dried up the entire issue on all servers with VERY LITTLE overhead on your part.

1) Ban the spammers. IP bans. Gone for good

You don't really seem to understand how TCP/IP works. BW could never do this because there is a good possibility they'd end up blocking legitimate customers.

Imagine if someone on the same ISP you use was a gold seller and they got banned and BW blocked their IP. The next day they release their IP and your machine gets it via DHCP, now you're blocked...gone for good. How would you deal with that?

You don't really seem to understand how TCP/IP works. BW could never do this because there is a good possibility they'd end up blocking legitimate customers.

Imagine if someone on the same ISP you use was a gold seller and they got banned and BW blocked their IP. The next day they release their IP and your machine gets it via DHCP, now you're blocked...gone for good. How would you deal with that?

I think everyone but you got what I was suggesting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.