The Sniper 16K Hits... How? (Marksman/Sharpshooter)

EnkiduNineEight

So, first off, can Slingers achieve this same damage?

Second:

How?

I know what skills to use (Ambush, Laze Target, Target Acquired) and in what order, but I have never broken 12k as my Marksman Slinger so I am wondering what the attribute values are that are required, if you absolutely have to have a 174 Purple PVP barrel, etc. My current build is a mix of 174 and 168 PVP gear that is fully Augmented with most of the augments being Either Power or Cunning.

I'm sure I am not the only one who would like this magic formula for the giant hits so spit it out. I think it might be a benefit to the Sniper/Slinger community and doing a bit more damage may make up for my crap for survivability in Ranked especially.

16k-ish is also possible for firing on light armored targets. You need to have the armor debuff and the CD debuff up, and then you fire away when they don't have a DCD up.

But as Gemi said, such ambushes on PVE scrubs can easily net you 25-27k. For 27k, you basically need to be stacking Cunning/Power and Surge though, and I prefer maintaining %95/105 accuracy and %30 crit. chance.

Edited by Metthew

16k-ish is also possible for firing on light armored targets. You need to have the armor debuff and the CD debuff up, and then you fire away when they don't have a DCD up.

But as Gemi said, such ambushes on PVE scrubs can easily net you 25-27k. For 27k, you basically need to be stacking Cunning/Power and Surge though, and I prefer maintaining %95/105 accuracy and %30 crit. chance.

Yup. It's possible because light armor + low expertise opponent. Full expertise vs. Full expertise opponents it doesn't go nearly as high unless you happen to have 2xrelic procs+TA+sundered+marked.

I really doubt you could get 25k+ hits unless the opponent had literally 0 expertise or something. I also run 5% so I could be wrong but I think 22-23k would be the highest possible with 0 acc. unless you went so far as to stack surge augs(but even then you'd lose base power from losing power/cunning augs).

Edited by OMGITSJAD

highest crit.... let the jugg/guardian in your team take target( light armor one sage/sorc with high HP... 44k or something - definitely a PvEr.).. .Jugg/guardian use sunder(saber throw for example when in venge specc) then pop your autocrit (laze target ) on ambush -> Target aquired ( for more armor penetration) -> Aimed shot(or ambush) you definitely hit for more than 16k... you can hit it with engineering specc too . It is almost the same -> sunder from jugg -> laze target -> Target aquired - > Explosive probe -> series of shots

So what this boils down to is that there isn't some secret formula/stat stacking its all about finding someone in a Warzone who shouldn't be in a warzone and hitting them, hopefully with coordination from other players to achieve a really big hit.

This is fine, but I am a little bothered then by the really big hits other classes are capable of making with far more survivability than the snipers/slingers, especialy Marskmanship/Sharphooters.

I'm also tired then of seeing people note in various locations on the forums that snipers and Slingers are perfectly OK because someone/somewhere heard we do 16k hits easy. Because its not the truth evidently.

So, I guess I will try to make this more known when I see the crap posted and I will reference this thread.

Still not breaking the 2k barrier in Ranked. Only 'class' that doesn't.

I still like my slinger and my sniper but my quality of life seems to have moved downwards with 3.0 not upwards while classes that were already performing well are performing even better.

I understand we can't have 'more' damage because in PvE that would make us ungodly (part of why I have always suggested that every skill have two referenced stats. a PvP stat and a PvE stat. So instead of messing up the entire game by tweaking for one style of play, you just tweak the stats for the ability in the appropriate column.

Thanks for the replies. I'll continue shooting at the highest value target then and not worry that most of my hits are in the 12k range.. surprisingly enough on Jung Ma I don't run into pve geared scrubs frequently anyway.

So what this boils down to is that there isn't some secret formula/stat stacking its all about finding someone in a Warzone who shouldn't be in a warzone and hitting them, hopefully with coordination from other players to achieve a really big hit.

This is fine, but I am a little bothered then by the really big hits other classes are capable of making with far more survivability than the snipers/slingers, especialy Marskmanship/Sharphooters.

I'm also tired then of seeing people note in various locations on the forums that snipers and Slingers are perfectly OK because someone/somewhere heard we do 16k hits easy. Because its not the truth evidently.

So, I guess I will try to make this more known when I see the crap posted and I will reference this thread.

Still not breaking the 2k barrier in Ranked. Only 'class' that doesn't.

I still like my slinger and my sniper but my quality of life seems to have moved downwards with 3.0 not upwards while classes that were already performing well are performing even better.

I understand we can't have 'more' damage because in PvE that would make us ungodly (part of why I have always suggested that every skill have two referenced stats. a PvP stat and a PvE stat. So instead of messing up the entire game by tweaking for one style of play, you just tweak the stats for the ability in the appropriate column.

Thanks for the replies. I'll continue shooting at the highest value target then and not worry that most of my hits are in the 12k range.. surprisingly enough on Jung Ma I don't run into pve geared scrubs frequently anyway.

going full power/surge/accuracy helps ofcourse. I've gotten >16k hits on people in full pvp gear. And i don't even have any ranked pieces on my MM sniper yet.

I agree on the other classes point. There are other classes with huge crits on skills that are INSTANT. it's just... meh. Sniper survivability is **** compared to most (not all) other classes, i agree. In regs it's fine, more than fine even. But in ranked it's severely subpar.

In group ranked it's very possible to get 2k dps, it's simply very hard to reach if you're the focused target. Which you almost always are.

As for pve, MM snipers are among the lowest parsing specs in the game atm, on dummies anyway. Still godly at target switching.

I think the trick is to get the 2-piece buff up, debuff from Penetrating Blasts/rounds/whatever it is, and the Marked debuff from vital shot/Corrosive Dart. Combine it with a double relic proc + min/maxed for Power/surge 174s and the auto-crit from smugglers luck/Laze Target, and im pretty sure you'll be hitting >16k with Aimed Shot/Ambush - especially if your target is a sorc

• 1 month later...

Quick question im thinking of rolling a Sniper or Gunslinger....Do the slingers see on screen the same numbers as snipers ie...16K or do they see something like 8K/8K because of the 2 guns? im shallow I like to see large numbers :)

thanks in advance :)

Quick question im thinking of rolling a Sniper or Gunslinger....Do the slingers see on screen the same numbers as snipers ie...16K or do they see something like 8K/8K because of the 2 guns? im shallow I like to see large numbers :)

thanks in advance :)

Gunslingers its like a 15.5k hit + 500 offhand hit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.