Unlocking your ship AS a stronghold! (Possibly silly)

ColaWindstar

Basically, as the title says: would anyone else think it might be kind of cool to revamp starships (at least their interiors) so we could personalize how we decorate their interiors.

Various utilities can be locked in place (like the actual cargo hold storage unit), but maybe details like changing how much cargo is in your cargo bay, how many seats in your lounges, maybe some extra bunks in the crew quarters, or a proper kolto tank in med bays that lack them? Even companion positions shouldn't be too big a deal since I was able to chat up mine in my stronghold (like, actually chat with them and stuff)

Not silly, but has been suggested numerous times before, and they even tried to work on it for us. They ended up eventually telling us that there was no way to tailor companion conversation cutscenes to show the unique backgrounds. *shrug*

That is kind of weird since I was able to talk to my companions in my stronghold, but, maybe it was a bug or a different kind of conversation?

What i rememer hearing was that the code for the ships is such a mess that trying to change things in them could potentially break a great many important things (class story quests tied to the ships)

And thats why they gave us an entirely new system.

pause for a moment and consider that.

If they are so wary of messing with the ship coding that they would prefer to build an entirely new system from scratch (strongholds) given how they like to take the easy route with anything and evrrything possible, that code has to make Freddy Kreuger giggle like a giddy schoolgirl when thinking how much of a nightmare it is...

Id much rather not have my quests break then be able to add a couch to my ship when strongholds work just fine for customization needs.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

What i rememer hearing was that the code for the ships is such a mess that trying to change things in them could potentially break a great many important things (class story quests tied to the ships)

And thats why they gave us an entirely new system.

pause for a moment and consider that.

If they are so wary of messing with the ship coding that they would prefer to build an entirely new system from scratch (strongholds) given how they like to take the easy route with anything and evrrything possible, that code has to make Freddy Kreuger giggle like a giddy schoolgirl when thinking how much of a nightmare it is...

Id much rather not have my quests break then be able to add a couch to my ship when strongholds work just fine for customization needs.

Oh, god, it's City of Heroes super group bases all over again.

So ... don't modify the existing models / system for the player ships.

Just re-use the 3D geometry of it, strip out all the built-in furniture, etc. add in the SH hooks and let me use it docked somewhere. Maybe it wouldn't be able to travel or anything, just be docked at some space port?

No, probably not. On second thought, people would complain that the static docked version they decorated wasn't the same as the one that flies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.