An Idea for Midbie range warzones

KingDeathII

So I was thinking about midbies and how many people complain about lv 30s fighting lv 55s or 59s and thought why not just make it so that when people join the warzone in midbies, the game converts them to a lv 60 temporarily and gives them the full discipline tree. In the 1 minute before the match you have for set up, you can select your 7 utility choices and get ready for the match. That way your abilities will be exactly the same and Bolster will have your health and damage as if you were lv 60 anyways so it would be much more fair. Once the warzone ends, you get transferred back to the game and back to where your level was currently. To save even more time if you WZ frequently, you can have an option to save your Warzone utility selection through future warzones so you dont have to select the 7 every time.

I've seen a lot of threads about midbie pvp and lvl 30v 59s etc. My question is: why are we stressing about pvp that you only play in for a month and then it's over... sure some changes could be made but why spend so much mental energy on it? Go lvl up and get to 60 n get your gear up. That's probably the ******e answer but when I reroll a toon, I rarely pvp until I max my lvl. And if I did pvp while getting to 60, id just bite it for a few weeks.

I've seen a lot of threads about midbie pvp and lvl 30v 59s etc. My question is: why are we stressing about pvp that you only play in for a month and then it's over... sure some changes could be made but why spend so much mental energy on it? Go lvl up and get to 60 n get your gear up. That's probably the ******e answer but when I reroll a toon, I rarely pvp until I max my lvl. And if I did pvp while getting to 60, id just bite it for a few weeks.

Because, believe it or not, many people hate this games pve. They mostly level through warzones. They also have more than one character, so the time spent in mid tier is more than one month if they are levelling many toons through warzones.

Because you don't play mids much and feel it's insignificant doesn't make it so for many other players. 60 PVP is crap now. Mids would provide some relief from that storm of ****, and give pvpers a place to play. Now, mids is ruined along with 60 pvp. So, what exactly does that leave a pvper to do? Not a whole lot.

On a side note, pvp has a lot of emotion involved, and when people cannot even begin to compete in a warzone, not because of a lack of gearing on their part, or a lack of skill on their part, but because bolster ruins any chance they have as lower lvls against higher lvls... It gets old very fast. It's very frustrating.

As a lvl 30 entering mids bracket it's like going to the next progression of a raid... You can even get the best gears possible including augs, you can know your class like no other, and it won't matter because lvl 55-59s populate the warzones and utterly destroy lower lvls because of vastly superior stat increases given to them through bolster.

It's not rocket science, higher lvls should not end up with vastly higher health and mainstats which also boost their damage etc. They already enjoy the advantage of having more abilities, they don't need more health and added damage bonuses too.

I pvp about 10 matches a day on average... as a pub... and win 6/10. So I would say that lvl 60 pvp is far from broken. Balancing issues aside (and an occasional *** stomping) I very much enjoy myself. I would recommend that if any exertion of pvp remodeling be done by bio, it be done on something more than middling pvp. Bc while I can sit here and say I enjoy 60pvp, I can also say it needs some work. but it's not nearly as broken as u make it out to be... again I win the majority of my matches as a pub on pot5 so I'm not experiencing the relentless as kicking some of you have.

....why do you guys assume all players are subscribers and have bought Shadow of Revan? The reality is that only a fraction of the subscribers have bought Shadow of Revan and that the vast majority of the games players will be forever stuck in the midbie range. This idea is to help those players have a balanced game because guess what, SWTOR is not only designed for the small minority who is subscribed AND has bought SoR

Fair enough. If there is a market in people who dont plan on ever getting SoR, lvl 60, or just being serious about pvp in general, then it would be in bio's best interest to cater to them. I guess I overlooked your market there. I know if I made a game, I would spend my energy on activities available to people who pay me... Edited by AndriusAjax

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.