New player rage pvp/pve build/ability help.

Acroblaster

I've recently started playing swtor and have been having some issues trying to find a good binding setup and utility point build for my rage jugg for both pvp and pve. I have watched some guides on key binding and I have a sidewinder 6 button mouse that I make use of, but I still can't seem to find a way to effectively manage all the ability keys and make full use of my abilities.

If any experienced Rage players have any advice on bindings/setups it would be greatly appreciated.

I've recently started playing swtor and have been having some issues trying to find a good binding setup and utility point build for my rage jugg for both pvp and pve. I have watched some guides on key binding and I have a sidewinder 6 button mouse that I make use of, but I still can't seem to find a way to effectively manage all the ability keys and make full use of my abilities.

If any experienced Rage players have any advice on bindings/setups it would be greatly appreciated.

Rage is a good Spike damage spec, but the damage is not guaranteed.

Forgive me because I don't know the names of all the Imp skills, but setting up keybinds for Focus/Rage is tricky because it's a) a very, very awkward spec to play and b) has too many damn abilities. Note that I am writing 100% from a PVP perspective. I often feel like I'm not able to use full suite of utilities because I'm gimped by the need to setup many more keybinds than normal.

I struggled at first because the setup I used for all of my other toons just wasn't working with Focus spec. Ultimately, I realized that even though you can crit Force Sweep (Smash?) at will, it's really a secondary skill in 3.0 and as such it doesn't need a prominent bind. In fact the only time I ever use it is when I'm sure to hit at least 3 enemies and even then I often prefer single target since in 3.0 pvp it's really all about the killing blows. Healing is too damn good and any fluff damage gets healed too easily which is why all of those idiot scoreboard warriors who put up 2 million fluff damage with 3 killing blows are such a joke. Anyway, that's another conversation...

Also, Dispatch is far less useful to Rage/Focus since your core rotation has two big hitters that fill the role of finisher, so here again you can move the bind somewhere a little out of the way. These two tips are really the only suggestions I have for you since everything else is really down to personal taste.

Finding a setup that will allow you to taunt/ aoe taunt and leap to friendlies easily while at the same time allowing you to use your dcds and your core rotation is not easy. With Vigilance/Vengeance I can fit everything I need easy access to in 1.5 quick bars and 90% of those skills are within easy reach. With Focus I always end up with a couple of skills that I wish I could find a better spot for and feel like I have to make some tough decisions.

Good luck! If you find something great let us know!

Edited by Plicitous

Ive been playing rage since the start of swtor and i hit... HARD. Its all about getting shockwave, i believe its called, then simply leaping at someone. BAM! 10k hit. Not that hard, hits like a truck, mobility isnt there but you can always leap on a teammate, lots of defensive cd's. Thats why we are smash monkeys. Not a hard spec to play (literally 3 moves to get auto crit, 2 leaps, then smash or single target smash move thingy for big numbers). Then force scream, crushing darkness or whatever it is where the target slows down, ravage than leap. BAM! another 10k hit with about 8k to 11k inbetween. Really simple

Sorry for not knowing the move names!

Ive been playing rage since the start of swtor and i hit... HARD. Its all about getting shockwave, i believe its called, then simply leaping at someone. BAM! 10k hit. Not that hard, hits like a truck, mobility isnt there but you can always leap on a teammate, lots of defensive cd's. Thats why we are smash monkeys. Not a hard spec to play (literally 3 moves to get auto crit, 2 leaps, then smash or single target smash move thingy for big numbers). Then force scream, crushing darkness or whatever it is where the target slows down, ravage than leap. BAM! another 10k hit with about 8k to 11k inbetween. Really simple

Sorry for not knowing the move names!

BAM! 10K hit was pre 3.0 nwo its not so big burst. And force choke + DOT -50% hp was.....

Edited by helpmewin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.