Light/Dark meters for Companions

Megsking

I wanted to know if there has been any progress or discussion since I left until now. On when they will turn on the feature for the companions to gain light or dark side points. They have their own meters and they constantly in the Grey.

What is the point of going Dark Jedi if you can not corrupt your companions?

Needless to say there was a lot of talking about this during Beta and such. The last official word I had read was they it was something to be considered down the road. This was by the Original forum staff members, clearly it has not happened yet. So whats the deal are they ever going to switch it on or get rid of the meters.

It's kind of like a Carrot in front of a Donkey right now. I see it there and I want to use it and turn Ashara Dark. On my Assassin.

It is a tad silly there is me with my "Estimated 50K" dark side points (I make light side choices and it doesn't even reflect any change. ) Standing next to a companion that is acting like Miss Daisy,

Edited by Megsking

It's something I'd have liked to have seen from the beginning. It's not something I'd ever expect them to do now because of the cost of getting all the voice actors back to record different parts for the reactions to different decisions based on the companions affiliation.

If all they did was activate the meter and there was no change in companions other that dark side corruption/no corruption it'd annoy me more that it does now.

I do agree with you though, it'd be great to have it, but to do it right would cost to much and I doubt it'll ever happen now.

There is always that small sliver in me that hopes things like this will be implemented though.... naive I know :rolleyes:

The Original CM said on his live interview on one of the radio pod cast they did. That they had them do all the voice recordings for that it was just never put in. There is tones of unused audio the expression he used was " There so much you could make a brand new trilogy out of it"

I've often wondered why companions had light/dark meters since they didn't change at all. I think it would be a great idea...

Especially with Ashara, who never stops saying she's a "Jedi" despite becoming the Sith Inquisitor's apprentice. It would be great to be able to corrupt her to the point where she admitted she were Sith :)

The Original CM said on his live interview on one of the radio pod cast they did. That they had them do all the voice recordings for that it was just never put in. There is tones of unused audio the expression he used was " There so much you could make a brand new trilogy out of it"

I didn't know that. If those recordings still exist and are workable then maybe it is something they could do.

However I've learned to not put my faith in anything that's been said more than 6 months ago ( and I feel that that is being generous too ) and that goes especially for things that were said by the original team.

Believe me, it's something I would like to see. I think it'd give a replayability to alot of the class quests and planetary quests and not make every playthrough of the same planet so repetitive.

I just don't see them putting the time or money into making it a reality when the CM needs it's next lot of colour crystals, mounts and reskinned armours. I think that is more their focus is - but again there is always that vain glimmer of hope that if the voices are already recorded .... *sigh*

I've often wondered why companions had light/dark meters since they didn't change at all. I think it would be a great idea...

Especially with Ashara, who never stops saying she's a "Jedi" despite becoming the Sith Inquisitor's apprentice. It would be great to be able to corrupt her to the point where she admitted she were Sith :)

Well - The crowd (US) wanted the game out yesterday and didn't want to wait the game kept getting pushed back. This feature was suppose to be in at start. However it was one of the things causing problems. The game came out and the crowd notice.

Now I think as time went on the Dev's prayers got answered we forgot about it and swept it under the carpet hoping we wouldn't notice.

Or more likely the Dev with all the notes and ideas that was working on it left and took their notes with them. So they had to start from scratch again since the teams changed.

Edited by Megsking

I and my LS SI find it amusing to take her to places and kill Jedi. What? My SI may be LS, but she doesn't like Jedi because she's Korribani-Sith.

At least Jaesa can be corrupted. Or not. Her bar stays Neutral, but she gets the DS looks for being DS.

It's something I'd have liked to have seen from the beginning. It's not something I'd ever expect them to do now because of the cost of getting all the voice actors back to record different parts for the reactions to different decisions based on the companions affiliation.

Looks like they've add no problem bringing them back to do more content. I just discovered Catherine Taber's additions.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0845941/ - Source

• Vette (voice) 2014 Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan (Video Game)
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic - Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Video Game) Additional Voices (voice) - 2013
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic (Video Game)- Vette / Princess / Additional Voices (voice) 2011

With that in Toll there is really no reason for them not to have added this into the game a long time ago. Really is unacceptable that this feature was swept away and forgotten about.

I would so love to corrupt the jedi knights astromech. Beep at me will you? Yeah, yu like doing bad things now, don't you.

I'd love to corrupt Nadia.

No In all seriousness, if any Community staff member does actually happen to browse this I would just like to know what the deal is on this, if it was delayed, canceled or being re-worked on. I mean come on this was told back in 2011 it would be put in down the road. Staff has come and gone this is not an attempt to flame or bash the game makers/ Developers

this is simply just one feature I have been waiting and wanting since Beta and I would like to know if those meters are just giant Carrots on a stick or if they will get turned on?

Edited by Megsking

hey we got togruta coming, I saw that as highly unlikely wishful thinking after we had cathar for 6 months and still no new species.

They do occasionally give us pleasant surprises.

From what I heard ashara was originally going to be like jaesa, but they scrapped it last minute.

The problem though is that they seem highly reluctant to touch the 1-50 content at all, so I'm not holding my breath.

Who knows though, maybe they'll make a companion focused expansion to make up for the lack in SOR.

Okay, now I'm just rambling...

I think this would be a great feature. I'd love to see how dark my comps get because of me. I've seen subtle differences in dialogue...Corso being a good example...I can't remember the exact thing he said after our wedding, but there was a dif to reflect my complete evilness lol.

Mostly I'd like to turn Ashara into a complete raving psychopath. I might actually be able to tolerate her that way. Not this 'don't make me go against my teachings' crap whenever I have to draw her out. I would love to rename her Wannabe. She wants to be a Jedi but can't, and yet can't commit to being Sith either. I need to corrupt that bish fully. You'd think as a Dark Council member I'd have the ability to do so. At very last, let me strike her with lightning at will, and make her shriek when I do.

Thanks.

Edited by Lunafox

Well we just need to keep the pressure on these guys that way they will see and know what is important to us.

The only reason it been so long is we let them get away with it.

Added: I feel I should elaborate for the benefit of the many of what I mean.

I am not suggesting We Camp out their HQ with Molotov cocktails and pitch forks.

I am not suggesting we start making Bash threads or anything that will get people banned from forum/game.

I mean keep the pressure up in posts like these keep them on front page get the Interest going and keep it going.

Write letters (mailing is a lost art) people take notice of when you write to them. They are more personal and it shows you are serious

Edited by Megsking

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.