Costume designer must be something more than appearance tab or xmog!

Alec_Fortescue

Sorry, I intend to pull back on the hyperbole. I didn't realize so many folks were affected by my posts.

In a way it's sort of funny, but it's also true.

I'm used to seeing you as a sort of mediator with lists and possible solutions; not so much focused on the problem.

In any case, I am clinging to hope of ascot removal!

Your fall to the dark side is nigh then.

DESIST. RELENT. :mad:

Only grief and suffering awaits, if you choose to go down that path.

The true darkness is a hyperventilating Body Type 3 Commando... that armor does NOT breath; the ascot just makes matters worse.

In a way it's sort of funny, but it's also true.

I'm used to seeing you as a sort of mediator with lists and possible solutions; not so much focused on the problem.

In any case, I am clinging to hope of ascot removal!

I've been screwing up lately, no doubt, completely lost self respect, willingly threw it out the door. I was pretty fed up.

Even I have my limits, but that's no excuse. Moving forward I am going to try and demonstrate some control.

Because why bother with a new appearance system if they can just significantly lower credit costs of moving the mods and add a cartel coin option to it as well?

If this is your thought on it, I have to question is you have ever used another appearance system. They are fast and easy to switch outfits once an outfit is setup. The mod system, even at free, will never be fast and easy to switch between outfits.

That said, I'd love it if it also allowed us to manage our actually stated equipment making it easier to switch between gear sets, like Tank, DPS, PVP.

Anyhow, since they gave it a name and are supposed to be posting a video soon it is already too late for any real changes to it, so this thread is pretty pointless.

Edited by MaximusRex

Hmmm... Here's another random bit of speculation to toss around until they actually announce details:

They could add an appearance slot to gear (like how they added the dye slot), and possibly even make it something that needs to be added with a crafted kit like the augment slots. (Just one type of kit? Or break it down into a separate kit for each type (head, chest, legs, etc.) of gear? Or maybe it's broken down into mk-1, mk-2, mk-3 (similar crafting requirements as prefab kits) and allows use of customizations copied from different quality levels of gear?)

Then the Costume Designer could be a tool to create customization items to add into those slots. The customization and dye pack work together to alter the appearance of the item. And when you want to change your look you put in different customizations. Or if they were really feeling ambitious maybe the new slot replaced the dye pack slot completely and dye packs are re-purposed to be something you can use in the Costume Designer to affect the color scheme of the customizations being created.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

seems to me the simplest way would be to have an appearance remodeler in fleet where for a couple of thousand creds you could reskin/remodel the appearance of an item by using another item that you like....destroying said item but creating the new appearance....so for about 14k creds you get the appearance you want and they get the money sink they want..dye slots would remain the same as well as mod slots. Just my 2 cents.

seems to me the simplest way would be to have an appearance remodeler in fleet where for a couple of thousand creds you could reskin/remodel the appearance of an item by using another item that you like....destroying said item but creating the new appearance....so for about 14k creds you get the appearance you want and they get the money sink they want..dye slots would remain the same as well as mod slots. Just my 2 cents.

Replace credits with CC and you're not far off IMO. But I worry it will be limited to collection unlocked gear, which means all those people who like vanilla low level armors will still be in the cold.

I could be wrong...but we'll see.