Sentinels in pvp....***

VizioVizio

This is just preposterous, I have played my sentinel everyday for the past week and have lost so few games that I don't think I would need more than one hand to count them, the week before my loses numbered less than ten and I spent the majority of the week solo queuing; I generally pull top or second highest dps across both teams, and I generally eat more stuns and take the most/second most damage on my team.

Sentinel has it's issues, but if you are dieing in 2-3 hits that is a learn to play issue, simple and clear.

42k HP, roughly 45% damage reduction with rebuke up (more or less depending on type of attack and spec), various defensive buffs in different trees, saber ward, camo (ffs, this alone should ensure you don't die in three hits), GBTF is 99% damage reduction for 4-6 seconds (can get up to 7 seconds with the old set bonus), trance gives you a defense boost + speed boost (more speed and root break if you spec into it, and you should for pvp).

Please, don't come to the forums and whine about your lack of ability to play the class as an issue with the class, the class does have real issues that need to be addressed but it doesn't help when people with legitimate l2p issues muddy the waters.

/end rant

Definitely take the utility that allows you to use Rebuke while stunned, it'll help a lot. Save your breaker for when you are white barred so that you can camo out, then leap back in and dish out some damage. Check the Marauder/Sentinel forums for rotations for each discipline, to make sure that when you are able to get on your target to deal damage, you are maximizing your potential. it's definitely a hard class to master, and you often have to pick between mobility and dealing optimal DPS, but over time you will come to realize its not that bad as a Sentinel. Except for roots and slows, they are such a pain because they don't fill resolve.

However, the class does need a serious mobility/defensive buff to bring it up to par with other classes, so by no means am i saying "the class is fine, L2P bro!".

Does the class need help? Yes. Do you need a heals? It helps a lot, especially one that cleanses. But I have pulled upwards of 2.4k DPS in regs alone. Most bad marauders problems is that they think the are juggs. Don't blindly jump in. You have to play it smartly.

Buffs are coming, be patient, roll something else in the meantime.

Exactly this, and while you get buffed prepare your umbrellas and rain coats for the down pour of(mostly merc) tears about how maras have been bad for a few months while other classes have waited much longer for a buff, it'll be stunning but good thing you can rebuke through stun.

My sentinel was my main char since very early (made a switch from juggernaut to sent way back). Now, not only is it not fun to play, it is actually a painful experience. In 8v8, we die in just a few hits, or slowly from all the incidental damage and no heals. I spend most of my time chasing a target (or being rooted in place) with my HP slowly decreasing from above mentioned incidental damage.

In 4v4 (ranked, not normal 4v4), I am forced to use all of my defensive cooldowns in a few short window, or I die in about 3 global cooldowns. If I wait for full resolve to escape a stun, I am likely dead. If I do escape, I have to camouflage or endure a then lethal stun.

I don't remember ever being this squishy in previous expansions. I used to be able to contribute, now not so much. I thought I sucked at first, but then I realize most sentinels are in the same situation..

Sentinels are just miserable right now. At least I am having fun on my operative..

Edited by lpsmash

Buffs are coming, be patient, roll something else in the meantime.

no kidding! GBTF/UR was considered OP when the 50% health drop came at the beginning of the ability so now they are getting rid of the health drop all together!? Welcome back to ranked Sentinels/Marauders.

no kidding! GBTF/UR was considered OP when the 50% health drop came at the beginning of the ability so now they are getting rid of the health drop all together!? Welcome back to ranked Sentinels/Marauders.

They are also increasing the CD by 60 seconds. Also what was OP in 2.X is not OP in 3.X.

I think it is a nice change for group ranked arena's, but not so great for solo ranked and regs where the sentinels have the most trouble.

Mara/sent days are over ladies & gentlemen. They released a thread saying changes would happen to the class but it won't be for a while. Season 4 ranked will start before the change. As people have said, shelve it until it is viable again, if you are looking for be a good class, sin, sorc of PT is the way to go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.