Carbine Burst as our DoT spread?! REALLY?!

Theology

It's not only lethality DoT spread. Concealment AOE is the same carbine burst, and it sucks balls.

From the look of 3.0 they wanted all specs to have viable AOE option. In this case carbine needs some serious rework. No TA for starters, to make it spammable

It's not only lethality DoT spread. Concealment AOE is the same carbine burst, and it sucks balls.

From the look of 3.0 they wanted all specs to have viable AOE option. In this case carbine needs some serious rework. No TA for starters, to make it spammable

Yeah, really, lol. Either make it have no TA cost and make it spammable with lower damage/energy cost (like sweeping slash, lacerate for sins etc), or make it do more damage than it does now, have no TA cost, and have a 4-5 second cooldown.

Although, before they do any of this, they need to *********** rework the stupid cone BS. Make it a placeable ground AOE with a 10m maximum range (like cybertech grenades).

From what I've seen, lethality operative is actually better than hatred assassin in effectiveness. I think they are extremely underrated atm. The reason people view them as an underpowered spec is that there aren't any highly skilled people playing it properly. The people playing it are the OP who say things like "Carbine burst is literally the single worst spell in the entire game". Really? The single worst ability in the entire game, huh? Have you ever heard of Accessing the Emplacement? Closing Detonator Casing or Boarding Shuttle?

http://www.torhead.com/ability/aoXk5Ao/accessing-the-emplacement

http://www.torhead.com/ability/8vdNnrF/closing-detonator-casing

http://www.torhead.com/ability/atCB6SE/boarding-shuttle

THEY DO NO DAMAGE

Honestly, lethality is OP and needs to be nerfed, and all of the QQ threads are just to keep the facade that they are underpowered. I see right through it.

Edited by DrWeebs

Carbine burst is a horrible ability. It shouldn't even cost a TA. Lethality ops are no where even close to being on the same level as hatred. They aren't even as good as concealment and concealment isn't as good as hatred. Lethality can do some pretty decent damage in regs, but they are pretty crappy in ranked.

From what I've seen, lethality operative is actually better than hatred assassin in effectiveness. I think they are extremely underrated atm. The reason people view them as an underpowered spec is that there aren't any highly skilled people playing it properly. The people playing it are the OP who say things like "Carbine burst is literally the single worst spell in the entire game". Really? The single worst ability in the entire game, huh? Have you ever heard of Accessing the Emplacement? Closing Detonator Casing or Boarding Shuttle?

THEY DO NO DAMAGE

Honestly, lethality is OP and needs to be nerfed, and all of the QQ threads are just to keep the facade that they are underpowered. I see right through it.

Depends on what you call effectivness. Damage? Maybe. Can they live long enough? Can they self-heal? Usually no/ no.

And carbine is not usable. At all. Not as DoT spread, not as AOE. It deals ****** damage, it's barely aimable AND it consumes TA without triggering mechanics tied with it, like regrants. It cripples rotation without giving anything in return. So yes, it is one of the worst USABLE skills, you troll :p.

What above poster said. Leth can probably do good in PVE content but in PVP that's another story (and I'm tired of repeting, go read other topics around, it's been and is still being discussed (with facts, not just opinions or baseless QQ threads).

On topic, again this has been said and asked so many times already yet BW hasn't said anything so either they are blind (or don't read here) or they don't care. I suspect the latter as Ops/Scoundrels always have been part of the underdogs and recieve harsh unwarranted nerfs (for example, the lost of knockdown/stun when opening from stealth... funny how assassins get to keep theirs on top of everything they already have more than us).

Edited by ArielRebel

THEY DO NO DAMAGE

Well played sir. Well played indeed.

Got to stop testing your own product man.

Though I did spend like a minute looking at the website, going, "who the hell has this ability"

Edited by Haystak

Depends on what you call effectivness. Damage? Maybe. Can they live long enough? Can they self-heal? Usually no/ no.

And carbine is not usable. At all. Not as DoT spread, not as AOE. It deals ****** damage, it's barely aimable AND it consumes TA without triggering mechanics tied with it, like regrants. It cripples rotation without giving anything in return. So yes, it is one of the worst USABLE skills, you troll :p.

It was a good troll though :D

nerf operatives :D

Isn't that always the answer, at this point I think people think I'm sponsoring nerf products from the imprints reading "nerf" from how many times I've been hit with the bat. Who knew a sponge bat could hurt so much.

It was a good troll though :D

....someone fell for it.... Wow

Instead of fixing it remove dotspread from the game and change pve content accordingly. Hatreds dotspread ruins ranked pvp and a fixed operative dotspread wont change this

Honestly dot spread is stupid, but is probably not going to be removed from the game. I'll said what I said in another thread. I would prefer that dot spread for leth get removed and increase the over all damage of dots instead

nerf operatives :D

Hmmm I think I'll start my.... 3rd no wait...4th no no that's not right.... THATS RIGHT! 6th operative and name it nerf'me'pls or something of the sorts

Edited by Adovir

Honestly dot spread is stupid, but is probably not going to be removed from the game. I'll said what I said in another thread. I would prefer that dot spread for leth get removed and increase the over all damage of dots instead

I would gladly accept this.

Edited by ArielRebel

Isn't that always the answer, at this point I think people think I'm sponsoring nerf products from the imprints reading "nerf" from how many times I've been hit with the bat. Who knew a sponge bat could hurt so much.

....someone fell for it.... Wow

Hmmm I think I'll start my.... 3rd no wait...4th no no that's not right.... THATS RIGHT! 6th operative and name it nerf'me'pls or something of the sorts

I had <Nerf Operatives>, a one man guild for my main on TEH, but sadly started an RP guild so I don't have that tag anymore. :( I may make <Nerf Marauders> for my mara, though. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I'll repeat what I've said in other threads: it is our only stealth-breaker. That gives it enormous value, imo. Could it be better? Sure. Would I want to lose it? Hell no.

I'm happy to see that there are more people that share the same sentiment as me, though! DoT-spreading should be removed from the game. It's a very, very silly concept.

Edited by Majspuffen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.