The thought process on PVP after 3.0

Lhancelot

1. Curiousity. Figuring out the changes to all the classes... Hmm this part is kind of neat!

2. Confusion. Did they really ruin my favorite spec to play?! ***, wait a minute... Did they really buff THAT CLASS?!

3. Anger. Holy crap, they really did this. These changes ARE REAL! OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GAME I LOVED? Why did this class get nerfed into oblivion yet, this class was given some sort of GODMODE?! AND WHY CAN I NOT PLAY MIDS PVP ON MY NEWLY LEVELED 30? HE IMPLODES AS SOON AS SOME 55-59 SNEEZES ON HIM!!!

4. Resentment. OK. Why are these problems not being fixed, after thread after thread has been created? Why has not one word of acknowledgement been posted by BW? Do they not care? Do they not read our threads of concern?!

5. Apathy. Emotionally drained, nothing left in the tank, no more energy to even type another word of concern regarding the present state of SWTOR PVP. Just. Don't. Care.

It sounds like you have gone through 4 of the 5 stages of grief.

One is denial.

Two is anger.

Three is bargaining.

Four is depression.

Five is acceptance.

When it comes ot PVP, I don't think the Devs truly understand the emotions involved. They just assume the first 4 steps are nothing more than minor annoyances in game play. They just assume we go from stage 1 to stage 5 in a weekend.

What they fail to grasp is that when you have weeks, months, ore even years devoted to playing a certain class it almost feels like betrayal when they are nerfed to the point where they are no longer viable to be played in PVP. It is like a slap to the face.

The only thing this thread needs is for Elizabeth Kubler-Ross herself to show up and talk us through it.

And, yes. I feel exactly the same way the OP does.

I mean, I LOVE this game. Played since before launch and came BACK to it after trying out Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online, Warlords of Draenor, and TERA.

In my opinion, this is a GREAT game that has suffered drastically from a major lack of staffing and care caused by EAs tendency to ruin everything it touches with corporate greed.

:(

Glad I have 8 different classes already leveled. I missed the sorc/save one though. Shame really as I still have two others to focus on now. Juggy and Van. Working on guard and dabbeling in sorc. Scoundrel healer is just kind of ok atm but will work on him.... Maybe. Hope you have alts. Always nice to have a class ready for when they "make the game better".

Besides the glaring imbalances in this game, my biggest problem is the completely ruined midbie bracket. After coming back to the game, I didnt want to play any of my lvl 50 toons (I had 2 of them), so I started playing other classes. I always loved leveling through pvp, I didnt really mind that it took longer, because I just cant stand any of the PvE quest grinding. Now I logged into one of my mid 30, queued up for pvp, and got crushed... no chance at all.

So I thought, to hell with it, and figured I would level up another toon in hope they would fix midbie PvP since it seemed impossible that they didnt notice how bad it was. So I rolled a new character to 30, things still hadnt changed. So I rolled another one... then another one... all of them abandoned shortly after lvl 30. As it stands now I filled up all my character slots on my server with mid 30 toons, 7 of them newly leveled!!! Its been 1.5 months now, and I got to the point when its not fun to play the game anymore for me. I log in once or twice a day for about half an hour to do 1 or 2 quests then log out, since I cant stand that, compared to the 3-4 hours I played while I had the motivation in the 10-29 bracket with my toons. Now I just dont wanna play at all, because midbie is a disaster when you are mid 30 or 40.

This is how they lose their costumers and they dont even address it, thats whats so depressing for me. Im pretty sure they are aware of it, they just either lack the resources or the interest in fixing it... but I just feel like the way of I loved playing the game is completely ignored, and this way as a costumer Im completely ignored. This makes me very sad, because I liked this game, but because of the lack of attention on PvP side, I just cant play it anymore to have fun. Sigh...

Edited by Pantokratorx

Besides the glaring imbalances in this game, my biggest problem is the completely ruined midbie bracket. After coming back to the game, I didnt want to play any of my lvl 50 toons (I had 2 of them), so I started playing other classes. I always loved leveling through pvp, I didnt really mind that it took longer, because I just cant stand any of the PvE quest grinding. Now I logged into one of my mid 30, queued up for pvp, and got crushed... no chance at all.

So I thought, to hell with it, and figured I would level up another toon in hope they would fix midbie PvP since it seemed impossible that they didnt notice how bad it was. So I rolled a new character to 30, things still hadnt changed. So I rolled another one... then another one... all of them abandoned shortly after lvl 30. As it stands now I filled up all my character slots on my server with mid 30 toons, 7 of them newly leveled!!! Its been 1.5 months now, and I got to the point when its not fun to play the game anymore for me. I log in once or twice a day for about half an hour to do 1 or 2 quests then log out, since I cant stand that, compared to the 3-4 hours I played while I had the motivation in the 10-29 bracket with my toons. Now I just dont wanna play at all, because midbie is a disaster when you are mid 30 or 40.

This is how they lose their costumers and they dont even address it, thats whats so depressing for me. Im pretty sure they are aware of it, they just either lack the resources or the interest in fixing it... but I just feel like the way of I loved playing the game is completely ignored, and this way as a costumer Im completely ignored. This makes me very sad, because I liked this game, but because of the lack of attention on PvP side, I just cant play it anymore to have fun. Sigh...

I second this. Everything you say resonates with me about mids. thing is, honestly 60 aint much more fun. Sure, I will say particularly in regs classes have their niche. But, when I think about how pvp was at 55 when that was cap level, and compare it to cap level now, 60.... pvp is not as fun.

I find the CC is out of control, the immunities to CC is stupid, too many insta casts on the run for some classes, just everything is overexaggerated. All of the problems before 3.0 were simply exacerbated. Then some classes who were not exactly doing well in pvp actually got nothing or even nerfed.

I used to like healing on my sorc and sage, it got boring. It's too easy. Really. They dumbed the pvp down and I find it no longer fun in 60s, and I have voiced my opinion on the issues I have with mids (30-59).

Hey. Obviously we are in the minority, if we were not, this would have been changed by now. Perhaps, our standards are different than the norm or the majority?

Whatever it is, I have lost my desire to play anymore and will be taking a break from my hobbie of MMO gaming. I wish I could enjoy SWTOR, but alas, I can no longer. On a side note, this will make my wife happy as she hates this game with a passion. :rolleyes:

The only thing this thread needs is for Elizabeth Kubler-Ross herself to show up and talk us through it.

And, yes. I feel exactly the same way the OP does.

I mean, I LOVE this game. Played since before launch and came BACK to it after trying out Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online, Warlords of Draenor, and TERA.

In my opinion, this is a GREAT game that has suffered drastically from a major lack of staffing and care caused by EAs tendency to ruin everything it touches with corporate greed.

:(

I tend to agree with this thought process the community team is so far out of touch with the player base. Which shouldn't be a surprise by now to anyone that's been here a month. The one thing that can throw you off is visiting a Cantina Event meeting some of the team in person. They appear to care and get it. Maybe it is the head of the ship. The community team claims they want to be transparent but only when it's in regards to certain things. PvP nope. Such wasted potential.

I think a lot of us feel like this. Maybe it's time to step away and play another MMO.

FF14 has a new xpac coming that looks awesome.

That game has no PvP at all =/. I am here because I can't stand wow anymore and wildstar was so freaking bugged/unbalanced (I still visit the game's community everyday to see how things are going in the hope that the game will be on a playable state soon). There is also eve but honestly I'm too old and don't have enough time/will to a game like that.

Basically I log to raid with friends a few nights and the rest of the nights I usually do solo arenas (not more than a few per night before I get tired of the 7 inquisitors per arena).

The mid thing is overblown. You have 55s-59s in pvp gear from before 3.0 mixed in with players with no pvp gear. Bolster isn't enough to make up the difference. Until 55s level and cycle out of the system, you are going to get some nasty mismatches. Edited by MotorCityMan

That game has no PvP at all =/. I am here because I can't stand wow anymore and wildstar was so freaking bugged/unbalanced (I still visit the game's community everyday to see how things are going in the hope that the game will be on a playable state soon). There is also eve but honestly I'm too old and don't have enough time/will to a game like that.

Basically I log to raid with friends a few nights and the rest of the nights I usually do solo arenas (not more than a few per night before I get tired of the 7 inquisitors per arena).

I think everyone should play either Assassin or Sorc... these two classes do everything that all the other classes do only better. Assassin's can tank effectively, and hatred spec is just crazy. Sorcs are by far the best ranged dps class in the game and their healing is strong. It's probably why there is so many inquisitors... these two advanced classes have made most the other obsolete.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.