Question about Guardian DPS (PVE)

JHamSUBNB

Hello all,

My main is a level 30 guardian currently finishing up his last few quests on Tatooine. I went the DPS route on this guy (speced vigilance until level 28, since switched to focus) and i'm beginning to think it was a terrible idea. I am in no way under-geared for my level, yet after most battles with multiple enemies i'm being left with like 1/4 or 1/3 of my hp. I feel...weak compared to sentinels, like i'm not doing enough damage... Yet I've heard people say "Guardian DPS gets better later on!" or "Guardian DPS is on par with sentinel DPS!". My question is, when is "later on?" When I get doc? I have way more fun playing on my level 16 sent than my guardian unfortunately, but I don't want to stop leveling my guardian because I want to eventually finish the Knight's light side story (sent it dark side). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it's getting sort of frustrating for me because I get the feeling that I'm not a strong as I should be. If you want to know anything further about my toon, feel free to let the questions fly.

EDIT: I've been thinking of just converting to a tank if this DPS trouble continues, thoughts?

Edited by JHamSUBNB

Hello all,

My main is a level 30 guardian currently finishing up his last few quests on Tatooine. I went the DPS route on this guy (speced vigilance until level 28, since switched to focus) and i'm beginning to think it was a terrible idea. I am in no way under-geared for my level, yet after most battles with multiple enemies i'm being left with like 1/4 or 1/3 of my hp. I feel...weak compared to sentinels, like i'm not doing enough damage... Yet I've heard people say "Guardian DPS gets better later on!" or "Guardian DPS is on par with sentinel DPS!". My question is, when is "later on?" When I get doc? I have way more fun playing on my level 16 sent than my guardian unfortunately, but I don't want to stop leveling my guardian because I want to eventually finish the Knight's light side story (sent it dark side). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it's getting sort of frustrating for me because I get the feeling that I'm not a strong as I should be. If you want to know anything further about my toon, feel free to let the questions fly.

EDIT: I've been thinking of just converting to a tank if this DPS trouble continues, thoughts?

You should respec as a Focus Jedi Guardian until level 40. Focus kills most PvE NPCs very fast. Tanking is for Flash Point leveling and raiding. You can PvE with Vigilance, but it depends on your levels and gear. Also not fighting everyone you come across when doing missions.

Edited by adproduction

What are you mods and enhancements? Are you using power and critical enhancements? Are you using blue or purple mods? What level are they and you?

Im using purple and blue mods, at or close to my level. I'm level 30. I do have power enhancements as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.