Some Notes on PvP Scrapper

Wainamoinen

• 3 months later...

Hey man can you run the numbers on these if possible? much appreciated :)

Level - 60

Aim - 122

Cunning - 3706 with stim

Power - 1164 with stim

Tech Power - 2166

Crit - 63

Surge - 258

Accuracy - 0

Alacrity - 595

Max weapon dmg - 2059

Min weapon dmg - 1734

All class buffs

Full 6 piece enforcer set bonus

Edited by stephenalandavie

Best post I've seen for stat min/maxing ever. What exactly are you using to generate that dps index? Is it something sharable, or something you created (or both)?

Thank you.

I was just using "DPS index" as an arbitrary scale to make different setups more easily comparable.

The way I set the model up is to use both mechanics and combat log data. Model the base damage of abilities using the combat system and the various values and constants, then use combat log data for things that won't tell you: e.g. to set how often ability x is used as a proportion of total, how much damage of type b gets shielded / avoided.

Use the game mechanics to give you a framework where you can tweak variables (Cunning or Power?); use actual "real world" combat log data to see how that's affected by enemy action and your own play. I used a load of my own and Snave's combat logs for baseline competent Scrapper / Operative play.

If different individuals have radically different playstyles, you could feed that in and get their individual best stat balance. Say you religiously stick to using Rifle Shot. Then Accuracy will be fairly useful to you because it's white damage affected by low Accuracy (though you're going to be pretty useless in warzones yourself). But it makes the point that playstyle can affect ideal stat balance.

Hey man can you run the numbers on these if possible? much appreciated :)

Level - 60

Aim - 122

Cunning - 3706 with stim

Power - 1164 with stim

Tech Power - 2166

Crit - 63

Surge - 258

Accuracy - 0

Alacrity - 595

Max weapon dmg - 2059

Min weapon dmg - 1734

All class buffs

Full 6 piece enforcer set bonus

I notice it's unbolstered, I bumped your Tech Power to 2790 to reflect it's warzone value.

Overall, you're a bit low on Crit and high on Alacrity.

The benefit to DPS if you could add +52 (one augment) of each stat:

Aim 0.01%

Cunning 0.63%

Power 0.61%

Tech Power

Crit 0.68%

Surge 0.51%

Accuracy 0.01%

Alacrity 0.30%

You can see Crit is actually your strongest stat to add to. Switching 120 Power for Crit would boost your crit % by +2.1%, and overall DPS maybe 0.11%. With the low Crit value, you get a big enough boost to the chance to crit (and so enjoy tasty surge bonus) that it's worth laying off some Power.

Alacrity vs Surge is trickier to call, largely because in PvP you're not whaling on a dummy so it's hard to calculate the benefits of getting your action in first with the lower GCD.

So remember that this is ignoring the first-mover benefit. Given that, and that Alacrity's benefits are a stinker to model, you could move up to 200 out of Alacrity into Surge and still see a damage benefit. You may wish to keep the Alacrity, and that would be fine if it suits your play better.

As increasing Surge and crit chance complement each other, both the changes together could net a 0.63% boost.

Your stat choices are up to you, have fun.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Any chance you could share your spreadsheet or formula table for us to tweak our numbers?

Something totally different, but maybe with your expertise you could explain how I've seen some OPs and Scoudnrels obtain over 2k bonus damage? I'm referring to the number you see if you look at them on fleet or in a WZ (inspecting gear). The highest I can achieve is 1689 out of WZ and 18xx in.

Thank you.

I was just using "DPS index" as an arbitrary scale to make different setups more easily comparable.

The way I set the model up is to use both mechanics and combat log data. Model the base damage of abilities using the combat system and the various values and constants, then use combat log data for things that won't tell you: e.g. to set how often ability x is used as a proportion of total, how much damage of type b gets shielded / avoided.

Use the game mechanics to give you a framework where you can tweak variables (Cunning or Power?); use actual "real world" combat log data to see how that's affected by enemy action and your own play. I used a load of my own and Snave's combat logs for baseline competent Scrapper / Operative play.

If different individuals have radically different playstyles, you could feed that in and get their individual best stat balance. Say you religiously stick to using Rifle Shot. Then Accuracy will be fairly useful to you because it's white damage affected by low Accuracy (though you're going to be pretty useless in warzones yourself). But it makes the point that playstyle can affect ideal stat balance.

I notice it's unbolstered, I bumped your Tech Power to 2790 to reflect it's warzone value.

Overall, you're a bit low on Crit and high on Alacrity.

The benefit to DPS if you could add +52 (one augment) of each stat:

Aim 0.01%

Cunning 0.63%

Power 0.61%

Tech Power

Crit 0.68%

Surge 0.51%

Accuracy 0.01%

Alacrity 0.30%

You can see Crit is actually your strongest stat to add to. Switching 120 Power for Crit would boost your crit % by +2.1%, and overall DPS maybe 0.11%. With the low Crit value, you get a big enough boost to the chance to crit (and so enjoy tasty surge bonus) that it's worth laying off some Power.

Alacrity vs Surge is trickier to call, largely because in PvP you're not whaling on a dummy so it's hard to calculate the benefits of getting your action in first with the lower GCD.

So remember that this is ignoring the first-mover benefit. Given that, and that Alacrity's benefits are a stinker to model, you could move up to 200 out of Alacrity into Surge and still see a damage benefit. You may wish to keep the Alacrity, and that would be fine if it suits your play better.

As increasing Surge and crit chance complement each other, both the changes together could net a 0.63% boost.

Your stat choices are up to you, have fun.

I've just done that, What does my dps index come out as on your spreadsheet?.

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance you could share your spreadsheet or formula table for us to tweak our numbers?

Something totally different, but maybe with your expertise you could explain how I've seen some OPs and Scoudnrels obtain over 2k bonus damage? I'm referring to the number you see if you look at them on fleet or in a WZ (inspecting gear). The highest I can achieve is 1689 out of WZ and 18xx in.

They probably have their relics procced when you look at them. There's no way to get that high with current stat budgets, but the relic boosting by 700 stat points gets me around 2000 bonus damage on my stat screen, so it seems likely.