Things that make you go 'bwuh?'

Vashir

I've got some time to kill. Anyone else finding themselves running into a lot of teams who are just too dumb to live?

It's been particularly bad these past few days. I only had time for a couple matches today... The first was the fastest voidstar I've ever been in; the other team left the right side unguarded, instant plant. Then they left the right bridge unguarded. Then the next right side door unguarded... Then BOTH doors unguarded - they actually ran to the red barriers from spawn to fight after the first barrier was already down and I was planting on the far door!

The next match was hours later, with completely different teams on both sides, and this time it was my turn to suffer. After getting roughed up in AHG mid by a scoundrel no one could seem to handle, I slipped over and flipped the enemy pylon right before a pulse, basically handing my team an easy win. But apparently they had no idea how to handle that, and chose to abandon our pylon right before the last pulse. And to make matters worse, only myself and the team's other healer noticed, and even though both of us called, we were the only two to go try to defend... too late to stop the cap.

I need to find more good PvP friends to group with, apparently!

Anyone else? Share your stories!

Edited by Vashir

I have many many experiences of brain dead people on my team or the opposing team. Most have to do with lack of situational awareness and lack of focus fire. I have seen someone on my team "guarding" the pylon, but I see it is already half way capped as a run up to it to try to stop cap. Now I understand some new players might not know about sap capping, but this "guard" was running around the pylon and not attacking the capper. Probably a troll, but whatever. It part of the game. There are still plenty of people that are a pleasure to team with and fight against.

I have many many experiences of brain dead people on my team or the opposing team. Most have to do with lack of situational awareness and lack of focus fire. I have seen someone on my team "guarding" the pylon, but I see it is already half way capped as a run up to it to try to stop cap. Now I understand some new players might not know about sap capping, but this "guard" was running around the pylon and not attacking the capper. Probably a troll, but whatever. It part of the game. There are still plenty of people that are a pleasure to team with and fight against.

I guard nodes on my lvl 30-40 toons a ton because...well...I'm useless in the battle at that level due to roflstomp 55-59's. My best utility is to call out inc's and blow all my dcd's as soon as a lvl 55+ engages me, etc.

This, ofcourse....can be mind numbing. As the vast majority of the time is "down time" it is very easy to be distracted (text / tv / phone / etc) ... I'm guilty myself of placing the stapler on the keyboard juuuuust right as to make me run around a node endlessly while I make a drink or the like.

I never do this in the 10-29 or 60 bracket....but mid bracket is broken as we all know....

I regularly assume the guys I'm grouped with are pants on head retarded. I run as a DPS jugg with a pretty viable Operative healer buddy in ventrilo, and even the 2 of us sitting atop the scoreboard nearly every game cannot overcome to the pure derpsauce that resides on our teams. Tanks that go entire rounds with 0 protection, dps that are in the fight for an entire voidstar and fail to break 250k damage.....the guys who cap pylons then waltz away leaving them unprotected...the list goes on daily.

To be fair sometimes people just have a bad day. One time I was stealth guarding and got bored so I stood still on top of the pylon in AHG. Stealth came right into my blind spot and capped and I didnt know it till we lose the pylon with 2s left in the match. Course I stealth capped their pylon twice later in the game but thats aside from the point. Sometimes its just someone having a bad day

the other day not only were we losing but I was at the opposing node with a teammate 2 v 1 with a solo guard...wait for it. I mezz the guard then stand near him waiting for him to hit the stun break. At this point at no time does ny teammate stand next to the node start to cap at all. no worries I think maybe he is waiting until I mezz the guy again. The enemy hits his stun break and before he can get off an attack I mezz him again and we would have just enough time to cap. I stand there for maybe a half a second before my teammate force leaps to the guy and starts attacking....sigh. To make matters worse the guy I mezzed was still stealthed so he even screwed up my double mezz of a dude still in stealth as well.

I guard nodes on my lvl 30-40 toons a ton because...well...I'm useless in the battle at that level due to roflstomp 55-59's. My best utility is to call out inc's and blow all my dcd's as soon as a lvl 55+ engages me, etc.

This, ofcourse....can be mind numbing. As the vast majority of the time is "down time" it is very easy to be distracted (text / tv / phone / etc) ... I'm guilty myself of placing the stapler on the keyboard juuuuust right as to make me run around a node endlessly while I make a drink or the like.

I never do this in the 10-29 or 60 bracket....but mid bracket is broken as we all know....

Nah man. Mids is working fine and leveling through pvp is stupid and slow! You should be doing pve and then pvping in 60s where it matters. Stop wasting your time on lvls where it doesn't matter.

Nah man. Mids is working fine and leveling through pvp is stupid and slow! You should be doing pve and then pvping in 60s where it matters. Stop wasting your time on lvls where it doesn't matter.

Because getting a constant supply of fresh 60s who don't know how to pvp makes the endgame that much more fun. No need to learn about pvp beforehand. Just pve until 60, and then pvp. When people tell you how bad you are, remind them that you killed Darth XXXXX and all the npcs in the game know that you are a HERO and that you already know what you are doing.

There are varying reasons that these things happen in PvP. Someone almost capped a node right under my nose. I was standing at an angle where I could see the node, and the two direction that people could approach from. I was also standing far away enough so that if I got mezzed then it would wear off b4 they could cap.

Anyways, I was looking at the icons to the top and noticed that my node was being capped! But I couldn't see anyone lol. Sure enough the witch was in the corner (LOS me) and stealing it. She tried to kill me but I was too mad to loose.

Guarding a node is boring and it's easy to get distracted. Sometimes you read the situation wrongly and do stupid things, and sometimes your team is just bad. I try my best to contribute to my team effectively, regardless.

I remember my days of being bad and I'm still not good, so I am not going to come here and bash people because I think they are terrible. I'm pretty sure most of them don't know what to do. Sometimes, it doesn't matter how good your team is; the other team can still cap your node (voidstar).

The best matches are the ones where both teams are evenly matched and there is no telling who will win the match. But that rarely happens.

PvP is a "hands-on' experience. The more you play the better you become (or should become).

Edited by Yezzan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.