Give me a reason to login besides progression raid times

Toweleeeie

I really want to play this game more. Pre 3.0 I was logging in and PuGing Ops, HM FPs, and running dailies. Now I login to all my characters send out companions on crew skill missions and think about queuing but usually don't and log out. Why?

HM FPs are not worth the time because comms gear and drop gear is ****. Especially when you are progression raiding in the new Ops. I mean even some of the token gear is bad outside of the set bonus.

Old Ops are not worth doing either after 3.0.1 or whatever. Which I agree with, Ult comms should not be given out for doing 55 content. When 3.0 came out all of my 55 toons had over the cap on basic comms, so after the patch the content become worthless. There is just nothing to do with the general community.

I'm glad you ramped up the difficulty with the new Ops, but basically forcing players to 16 man for GF or just to get Ult comms in general is stupid. I can get 8 compitent players that know their rotation and have raid awareness, but 16?That's almost impossible with the players you have brought to this game.

The new dalies are terrible. They take to long, don't give enough credits, and the spawn mechanic for those damn Revanite droids makes me want to punch my screen.

I don't know what the solution to any of this is. I'm just a player and players gotta play.

I just really want to play but it seems Bioware goes out of its way to make it not worth logging in.

Signed a player that's been subbed since early access.

The Yavin dailies take as long as the Section X dailies, daily zones are supposed to be a timesink, but to say they take too long, not really.. And While i agree that they don't give enough credits (lvl 50 dailies give more), theer's plenty extra stuff on Yavin that can up your creditgain, just slicing or gathering resources which are available abundantly on Yavin easily makes you gain more money then in other daily wones.

The Yavin dailies take as long as the Section X dailies, daily zones are supposed to be a timesink, but to say they take too long, not really.. And While i agree that they don't give enough credits (lvl 50 dailies give more), theer's plenty extra stuff on Yavin that can up your creditgain, just slicing or gathering resources which are available abundantly on Yavin easily makes you gain more money then in other daily wones.

Not everyone has slicing.

I just really want to play but it seems Bioware goes out of its way to make it not worth logging in.

Give me a reason to login besides progression raid times

There isn't much of a reason to login beside doing raid progression. The dailies are, well dailies and have never been overly interesting once you done them x amount of times (regardless of which ones). Weeklies are much of the same, little variation and set to a routine.

If you haven't levelled all of the classes, then I guess that is something to do (it's what I've been doing the last week or so). Finish of some achievements if that's your thing. Conquest, if that's your thing. Crafting if that's your thing, or flipping items on the GTN for the sheer hell of it.

Don't worry, you're not the only one getting bored. :D

Oddly I am not really feeling the reason to log in either. I did not bother to log in all weekend and did'nt even bother with the Ravagers fight.

Doing Pug HM is fail. All the elitists who say they love the new hard modes and want them that way is fine. I am not doing them as a healer as they are not fun. Since its not fun anymore I am considering dropping my sub for a few months.

Fun, that's the keyword. If I am not having fun well I will pause for a while and look at other things.

Then roll another toon who has the crew skills you don't have. That's a reason to log in. :D

I have all crew skills maxed across my many toons. Being a self sufficient crafter is great.

The weekly on Yavin doesn't take that long at all. I do it about 4-5 times a week and to mats gathering while I am there on a few different crew skills. You can clear 200-250k if you have slicing and the stuff you sell from mobs.

Then roll another toon who has the crew skills you don't have. That's a reason to log in. :D

I have all crew skills maxed across my many toons. Being a self sufficient crafter is great.

The weekly on Yavin doesn't take that long at all. I do it about 4-5 times a week and to mats gathering while I am there on a few different crew skills. You can clear 200-250k if you have slicing and the stuff you sell from mobs.

I have all screw skills. 6 toons alone for slicing. I don't want to level another even at x12 xp.

I don't like crafting

I don't like conquest

I don't like strongholds

I don't like GSF

I just want combat...

Making credits purely to make credits is also lame. What am I supposed to buy? I have everything I want.

Edited by Toweleeeie

The game isn't the problem. The problems you're putting up are your mind's way of justifying why you've grown bored of playing the game. If it's true that you've been playing for so long, you've probably done all there is to do in the game, or at least all that matters to you, so you don't see the point anymore. And that's normal. It happens to a lot of people on a lot of different MMOs. After playing a MMO for so long you just feel like there's nothing new. You SHOULD stop playing if that's the case. Give the game a rest. And I bet in a few months you'll think to yourself "Uh, why did I stop playing SWTOR? I should probably check on it just to see what's happenning." You'll login and you'll have a few more months of fun until you grow bored again. Your case could be different, but I don't think it is, you're like every other player who grows bored of playing the same MMO over and over again. Just my two cents.

EDIT: For example, I only started playing SWTOR as a pause on WoW. I've been playing WoW for ages, not constantly but on and off. I play a few months, I get bored, I rest a few months, and when I come back everything looks exciting again. Not much has changed, but in some way I miss playing that game I liked at some point in my life. I'll probably grow tired of SWTOR in some months, even though I love it right now.

Edited by FantaBuoy

There's more then only slicing nodes on Yavin, selling basic mats on GTN does give some extra credits too, i sell crystals/metals in stacks on GTn and they are basicly free credits, as you don't pay to collect them on Yavin.

The game isn't the problem. The problems you're putting up are your mind's way of justifying why you've grown bored of playing the game. If it's true that you've been playing for so long, you've probably done all there is to do in the game, or at least all that matters to you, so you don't see the point anymore. And that's normal. It happens to a lot of people on a lot of different MMOs. After playing a MMO for so long you just feel like there's nothing new. You SHOULD stop playing if that's the case. Give the game a rest. And I bet in a few months you'll think to yourself "Uh, why did I stop playing SWTOR? I should probably check on it just to see what's happenning." You'll login and you'll have a few more months of fun until you grow bored again. Your case could be different, but I don't think it is, you're like every other player who grows bored of playing the same MMO over and over again. Just my two cents.

EDIT: For example, I only started playing SWTOR as a pause on WoW. I've been playing WoW for ages, not constantly but on and off. I play a few months, I get bored, I rest a few months, and when I come back everything looks exciting again. Not much has changed, but in some way I miss playing that game I liked at some point in my life. I'll probably grow tired of SWTOR in some months, even though I love it right now.

To me, the problem is not so much that player X or player Y is bored of the game. The problem, and it is an alarming one, is that so many long time players are bored stiff .... less than 2 months after an expansion. To be honest this expansion was pretty lackluster in the form of content and replay-ability.

I really want to play this game more.

Then do so. The choice is entirely yours.

To me, the problem is not so much that player X or player Y is bored of the game. The problem, and it is an alarming one, is that so many long time players are bored stiff .... less than 2 months after an expansion.

Why is that alarming?

Edited by branmakmuffin

To me, the problem is not so much that player X or player Y is bored of the game. The problem, and it is an alarming one, is that so many long time players are bored stiff .... less than 2 months after an expansion. To be honest this expansion was pretty lackluster in the form of content and replay-ability.

100%. The story content and planetary content in SOR were a huge disappointment. And BW did not put enough new end game PvE content and made every effort to make old content unplayable by removing reward.

If you are a PvEer enjoy repeating Ravager and TOS for the next 6-8 month.

100%. The story content and planetary content in SOR were a huge disappointment. And BW did not put enough new end game PvE content and made every effort to make old content unplayable by removing reward.

Or, you know, do other stuff. I don't raid and I don't PvP, yet I am still entertained by the game. If the game isn't meeting a player's entertainment needs, hard to fathom why that player is still playing.

Only 6-8?! That's not nearly as bad as the 14 between DF/DP and 3.0...

The lack of decent rewards for old Ops is what really bothers me. They've killed the old Ops...and it's a shame. They need to increase rewards for running old Ops, even if they're ridiculously easy. Rewards give players incentive.

Or, you know, do other stuff. I don't raid and I don't PvP, yet I am still entertained by the game. If the game isn't meeting a player's entertainment needs, hard to fathom why that player is still playing.

The underlined bit is my exact opinion. It's a game, it's meant to entertain people. If you don't feel entertained by the game, you should stop playing it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean this in a harsh way, not at all. But when something which is meant to entertain you doesn't anymore, you should move on. It's not like you have any commitment to the game, the game isn't your wife or your dog, it's a game. If it bores you, try another one. There are plenty of good games out there. And I this one might be unique considering it's about Star Wars. That's pretty much the only thing that makes me want to play, because it's Star Wars. But I know I'll get to a point where I won't endure doing the same thing over and over again and I'll quit playing it. Again, no disrespect meant OP, but if you need other people to give you a reason to play, maybe you shouldn't be playing at all... Find another game, have fun OP.

its ironic that after an expansion, i have less to do in this game.

instead of 4 operations a week i now have two. two that are completely riddled with defects and bugs.

pvp is horribly balanced.

bw not addressing ability lag or any of these bugs.

its exhausting.

Only 6-8?! That's not nearly as bad as the 14 between DF/DP and 3.0...

The lack of decent rewards for old Ops is what really bothers me. They've killed the old Ops...and it's a shame. They need to increase rewards for running old Ops, even if they're ridiculously easy. Rewards give players incentive.

Well, they could look into scaling old content (difficulty and rewards). LotRO started scaling a lot of their old content months ago. And LotRO's Skirmish instances have 3 sliders, one for group size (solo, duo, trio, 6-man group and 12-man raid), one for difficulty tier (I, II and III) and one for level (starting at the minimum level required and going up from there).

Well, they could look into scaling old content (difficulty and rewards). LotRO started scaling a lot of their old content months ago. And LotRO's Skirmish instances have 3 sliders, one for group size (solo, duo, trio, 6-man group and 12-man raid), one for difficulty tier (I, II and III) and one for level (starting at the minimum level required and going up from there).

That would of course be an ideal solution...I loved how lotro did it. Loot scaled as well, which it should here. All they'd need to do is pull from the level 60 health pools as well, the mechanics shouldn't need to change at all.

Just to add...I still enjoy Ops like KP and EV...I just wish there was a reason other people would want to run them.

Edited by TUXs

As a player who plays both SWTOR and WOW I can say that even when blizzard JUST few weeks ago fully(they released 3 bosses every 2 or so weeks) released its FIRST new raid(operation) while in SWTOR we have 2 to begin with there are still a ton ot stuff to do there while waiting for the raids unlike in SWTOR where when you hit 60 you either gear up for 1-2 days before going through ops for one evening or you join and wait the dreadful time between laggy (fps side) and imbalanced pvp. You can decorate a house probably noone will see and bioware has no interest of developing with , for example monthly or weekly contests , queue for an hour untill a starfighter pvp pops same as ranked pvp (if even you are into pvp) or hang around at the fleet and circle its' glorious halls with your rancor mount.

I think that every ops in the game should have one mode that is scaled to basic content lvl (186 rating), and drop 10-12 ulti's for completing the ops. I also think that many of the old FPs need to be scaled to the current HM difficulty of 174. This will create a whole bunch of options. But again, BW scaling appears to be too much work for BW. I some times wonder WTH does the devs team do on daily basis.. But again, I do not know their industry well enough.

Making credits purely to make credits is also lame. What am I supposed to buy? I have everything I want.

This is a good point... at some point you have all the credits you need, what else is there?

I think many of us have reached... "The End of the Game", at least as it stands now... there will be more later, but there is nothing to do now...

The game isn't the problem. If it's true that you've been playing for so long, you've probably done all there is to do in the game, or at least all that matters to you, so you don't see the point anymore. And that's normal. It happens to a lot of people on a lot of different MMOs. After playing a MMO for so long you just feel like there's nothing new. You SHOULD stop playing if that's the case.

What would it take to make a MMO where players don't get bored, have new things to do often, and don't have to follow your advice to "stop playing".

What business ever wants to tell its customers, "oh sorry, new stuff is months away, go spend money elsewhere"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.