I would rather have one of my content updates become a full on bug fix/polish update.

Reno_Tarshil

In a perfect world, we would get both but this is SWTOR. Time to be realistic.

Sometime this year, idc when (sooner the better would be nice tho.) In one of the regularly scheduled content number patches (3.1 and 3.2 are spoken for. 3.3 and beyond) I would like to see it dedicated to a tsunami of bug fixes and game polishing.

There are far too many running rampant, both cosmetic and gameplay/performace affecting. The game itself to me has been mostly playable, however this is just my experience and not everyone elses.

I want to see everyone else have a mostly enjoy playing experience like me. So that is why I am proposing this request with my willing compromise to see it happen.

Thank you.

Honestly? The only thing I want looked into is that Silver enemies seem to be doing too much damage, but a wave of people assure me that it is a L2P issue or a gearing issue and my Jedi Guardian dying in literally 4 seconds to a Vorantikus Cyberbeast on Voss of equal level after having geared up directly after Belsavis is just a fluke.

If people are adamant that those enemies are doing the right amount of damage, I can't think of any fixes I want, honestly.

Nah, I'll take more content.

This.

Plus, its not an effective use of staff time, because MMOs are not like a McDonalds where many employees are interchangeable, so taking staff away from some areas and moving them to bug fixing will just slow down development, and might not even have a good effect on bugs, because if the bugs were easy to fix, they would have been already.

A nice big bug fix that goes back to some of the old Launch Bugs? Or even just the bugs we see in 1-50?

Sign me up as a supporter!

That's the idea, going back to launch and fixing as many as they can from then till now.

This.

Plus, its not an effective use of staff time, because MMOs are not like a McDonalds where many employees are interchangeable, so taking staff away from some areas and moving them to bug fixing will just slow down development, and might not even have a good effect on bugs, because if the bugs were easy to fix, they would have been already.

It would be a good blanket of good will to a lot of users who have stuck with it for a while. I've mostly dealt with it and it's likely this will fall off the front page anyways and I will continue to deal with it. I simply made this thread because it sounded like a good idea to invest some time in a realistic to swtor way from what I've observed since first playing in Jan 2012.

In a perfect world, we would get both but this is SWTOR. Time to be realistic.

Sometime this year, idc when (sooner the better would be nice tho.) In one of the regularly scheduled content number patches (3.1 and 3.2 are spoken for. 3.3 and beyond) I would like to see it dedicated to a tsunami of bug fixes and game polishing.

There are far too many running rampant, both cosmetic and gameplay/performace affecting. The game itself to me has been mostly playable, however this is just my experience and not everyone elses.

I want to see everyone else have a mostly enjoy playing experience like me. So that is why I am proposing this request with my willing compromise to see it happen.

Thank you.

+1000 to this. i will like that too.

Bumping this, since it was posted during very early morning hours.

People don't care about bug fixes, Reno.

This excellent thread by KBowz and yours surely demonstrate as much. The all mighty or sacred one-button click is ALL that matters nowadays.

Had you created another thread about the subject of the week, you'd have a thread with 10+ pages by now. :rolleyes:

I agree, there are a plethora of bugs that could be fixed. From small ones like aesthetic fixes (hey, capes and speeders!) and those annoying clipping issues, to larger ones like missions that can't be completed (Big Guns anyone?)

I agree Reno, I'd happily have a content update delayed to fix the many (many many many many many many many) bugs that are abound in SWTOR. :D

People don't care about bug fixes, Reno.

This excellent thread by KBowz and yours surely demonstrate as much. The all mighty or sacred one-button click is ALL that matters nowadays.

Had you created another thread about the subject of the week, you'd have a thread with 10+ pages by now. :rolleyes:

You're right, I should have left the thread alone and let my idea die after several posters stated they would rather have new content with new bugs then getting a lot of old and existing bugs fixed at the cost of a content patch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.