SOR free for subs time estimate

Gorthma

The info from the recent cantina event mentioned that two expansions are planned to come out before the end of the year. That may or may not necessarily mean anything because they did not mention if either of the expansions would be RotHC / SoR scale story based paid expansion or if they would be big feature patches like the GSF and GSH free "expansions". Although they did also mention that we will be seeing new story continuing on where SoR left off, so... One of them could be the bigger scale type of expansion?

I mention this because it kind of plays into the answer. The precedent has been set that they will want old story expansion content wrapped up as a package deal with subscriptions before the next one is announced and with new story expansion purchases when it is offered up for sale. So how soon are they intending to push out that next story expansion?

We can also consider the past precedent of how long it took for RotHC though. Who knows, that might be a good estimate regardless of whether the next story expansion is the one earlier or later in the year.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

The announcement of Makeb came before the F2P announcement, but the actual expansion announcement did not come until after the game went F2P. I distinctly remember this, because there was much QQ about how people claimed that BioWare said that subs would never have to pay for a new planet, so on and so forth.

Surely if you can afford the sub you can afford the expansion?

It's not a question of afford not afford.

It's a question of BioWare stated X (Subs won't have to pay for new planets)

And then did something else (Charged for the new planet Makeb)

Much like slot machines.

It's not a question of afford not afford.

It's a question of BioWare stated X (Subs won't have to pay for new planets)

And then did something else (Charged for the new planet Makeb)

Much like slot machines.

That old red herring of an argument.

Expansions that come with a raising of the level cap are typically paid expansions.

Subs didn't have to pay for Blackhole, Section-X, CZ-198 or Oricon.

Nothing like slot machines.

You'll get it for free once the paid beta testing completes.

That currently appears to be a ways out. But you should have a finished product.

Simply Quoting for truth.

Glad that we can pay them to be their QA team...

Edited by RiVaN_

Does anyone happen to have any info on when SOR will be free for subs?

Personally I hope never

but thats just me

I paid for the expansion and even though I wasn't overly pleased with its substance

That's still no reason to start giving it away free to others

Oh man I remember all the rage when RotHC went free. "Slap in the face" this, "slap in the face" that, etc. That sure was fun to read. Only in an MMO would people get outraged over something that is literally expected of every other game that has ever come out ever (massive price reductions after it's been out for months).

Oh man I remember all the rage when RotHC went free. "Slap in the face" this, "slap in the face" that, etc. That sure was fun to read. Only in an MMO would people get outraged over something that is literally expected of every other game that has ever come out ever (massive price reductions after it's been out for months).

pretty much except its also expected in most MMO's as well.

even game that shall not be named does that eventually - more often then not, once next expansion is released, previous one either goes on massive sale, and/or becomes part of the new game purchase bundle and eventually just gets added to existing accounts.

my SO hasn't played since 2 expansions ago. and yet.. his account is basically upgraded to previous expansion. if he chose to come back now- he would only need to buy the most recent one.

in other words.. we pay for early access.

me I'm not bothered by paying to play on release or that it goes free later, when content is barely progression relevant anymore.

I'm bothered by bioware's other choices and actions at the moment.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Since we are paying for all the F2P players, we actually do.

We are not paying for F2P, if we were paying for them then the game wouldn't have a F2P option.

You paid your money and got something in return. You (and I) don't deserve anything extra.

We are not paying for F2P, if we were paying for them then the game wouldn't have a F2P option.

You paid your money and got something in return. You (and I) don't deserve anything extra.

Our money fund this game thus giving the freeloaders an opportunity to play the game. My point stands.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.