Started a Juggernaut, feels weak

Razdek

So I just started leveling a Jugg. I am really enjoying the storyline etc, however I can't help but feeling the Juggernaut is really weak compared to other classes (Currently in Rage spec). It takes much longer to kill other toons then some other classes (for example while leveling a Sorcerer of the same level I would just hit Lightning storm or whatever it is called and kill everything with one move in half the time that it takes to kill one mob with a Jugg).

Is this just a low level thing? Does it improve as they level up? Or are Juggs just relatively a weak class to PVE with unless tanking?

Edited by Razdek

So I just started leveling a Jugg. I am really enjoying the storyline etc, however I can't help but feeling the Juggernaut is really weak compared to other classes (Currently in Rage spec). It takes much longer to kill other toons then some other classes (for example while leveling a Sorcerer of the same level I would just hit Lightning storm or whatever it is called and kill everything with one move in half the time that it takes to kill one mob with a Jugg).

Is this just a low level thing? Does it improve as they level up? Or are Juggs just relatively a weak class to PVE with unless tanking?

1) Tanks lack AOEs as I said in another topic. They also get CC a lot so then there is that. There REAL Damage Reduction doesn't kick in until later levels. So playing and leveling up as a tank before 35 is a real pain in the *** in PvE.

2) Rage is the best spec to level in until 35 to 40. If you are a artifice, you'll start to be able to make enhancements with Defense/Absorption attached to it so you can be a better tank. Jedi Guardian is the same way.

3) Tanks are very hard to level up due to the lack of heals (Juggernauts and Guardians in general) or healing companions. In addition, with the lack of AOEs, Tanks have to kill their opponents one by one. In fact, PvE tanking is at it's worse if the enemy group is spread thin rather than in a cluster. Standing 10m away from each other as oppose to stand 1m from each other makes a huge difference in a Juggernauts survivability, because a Juggernaut has to chase down their opponent to kill them and their AOEs barely hit anything over 10m.

With Rage spec, you get increase dps for AOEs like Smash and single target moves like Raging Burst and Obliterate. As you get to 35 to 40 with better mods/armoring/enhancements, you can either go back to tanking or switch over to Vigilance for better damage. I found that the worse advice was to Vengeance from level 10 to level 60 when in reality it's better to be Rage to level 40 then respec into one of the specs noted earlier.

BTW, I do want to add that you do get an AOE in the Immortal tree and another one later then that, but you still don't have the gear to be an effective tank until later.

Edited by adproduction

^That was actually a good post. I agree..

But I don't give **** what you think and just I told the other posters in other games who acted like you, no one else does either. You're a narissus who thinks the world revolves around him. Also the post goes what I said in the last topic where you are engaging in a circle jerk while throwing a temper tantrum. The fact you didn't even notice this proves my point in the last topic.:rolleyes:

Honestly, Force Storm and Death From Above are easy mode AoE, and none of the melee classes will touch it. In rage spec, though, if you're geared, you will melt mobs. Leap in, smash, slam, etc, and most are dead before they do much of anything.

The fun with juggs isn't really that you're destroying everything in one hit, it's that you can control mobs as you please. Smash, Force Choke, Ravage, Force Scream, and Intimidating Roar allow you to dictate how fights go. If you're geared and using your abilities to the max juggs are more than enjoyable.

Immortal isnt really lacking for AOE. As long as you have aegis up your crushing blow will be (a smallish) AOE + knockdown. Leveled as immortal up to 50s with dps companion, was about the same speed as going dps + heal companion or slightly slower.

I thought so at first also but once i got treek healing me, im already soloing black talon just me and treek , i geared in orange set with strength endurance mods and had no problem farming BT since lvl 12 so just learn your toon i went immortal and am using these guides. http://dulfy.net/2014/01/07/swtor-immortal-juggernaut-tanking-class-guide/ and this one http://dulfy.net/2014/12/11/swtor-3-0-immortal-juggernaut-tanking-guide-by-artorias/#Rotations

Immortal isnt really lacking for AOE. As long as you have aegis up your crushing blow will be (a smallish) AOE + knockdown. Leveled as immortal up to 50s with dps companion, was about the same speed as going dps + heal companion or slightly slower.

Yeah, I make mention of that in my post, but nothing over 10m and if the enemy is spread thin, it can be a pain. I use to have orange gear and decked out in purples.

But I don't give **** what you think and just I told the other posters in other games who acted like you, no one else does either. You're a narissus who thinks the world revolves around him. Also the post goes what I said in the last topic where you are engaging in a circle jerk while throwing a temper tantrum. The fact you didn't even notice this proves my point in the last topic.:rolleyes:

Genuinely laughed out loud at narissus. Narcissus was a mythological Greek hunter, I'm thinking you meant *narcissist

having played both jugg and mara to lvl 55 i feel that jug for me is better.

Marauders hit harder but are more squishy than a jugg

Juggernaut dps can hit hard but not as hard as a marauder but they can last longer in a fight.

this is of course my opinion only, im not stating it as a fact as numbers wise a dps jugg may hit just as much but i dont look at numbers very often.

having played both jugg and mara to lvl 55 i feel that jug for me is better.

Marauders hit harder but are more squishy than a jugg

Juggernaut dps can hit hard but not as hard as a marauder but they can last longer in a fight.

this is of course my opinion only, im not stating it as a fact as numbers wise a dps jugg may hit just as much but i dont look at numbers very often.

Vengeance and Watchman are basically neck and neck (imo Vengeance is slightly ahead). Vengeance has better DCDs, a smoother rotation, and is just more enjoyable to play IMO.

Vengeance and Watchman are basically neck and neck (imo Vengeance is slightly ahead). Vengeance has better DCDs, a smoother rotation, and is just more enjoyable to play IMO.

Most people who play Jedi/Sith like Vengeance/Vigilance because of the flamboyant light saber battles from the prequels.

Edited by adproduction

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.