Credit Spammers are Completely Out of Control

worsin

Just today i had to ignore 4 credit spammers in gen chat 1 that was sending me whispers and i got 2 emails from them.

Repeat this process every time you log in an alt and you find yourself doing this way way too much.

At least give us legacy ignore lists that also prevent receiving email from them because its getting to the point where i don't even want to go to fleet at all.

Your failure to do anything about this only shows that your just interested in cartel items and that's it. So from now on i will never buy another cartel item till this is fixed and i've spent a **** LOAD of money on it up to now.

Just today i had to ignore 4 credit spammers in gen chat 1 that was sending me whispers and i got 2 emails from them.

Repeat this process every time you log in an alt and you find yourself doing this way way too much.

At least give us legacy ignore lists that also prevent receiving email from them because its getting to the point where i don't even want to go to fleet at all.

Your failure to do anything about this only shows that your just interested in cartel items and that's it. So from now on i will never buy another cartel item till this is fixed and i've spent a **** LOAD of money on it up to now.

I'm getting irritated with it too. Used to be I could get to fleet and it'd be a couple of minutes before the spam started, now I arrive on fleet and it's literally the 1st several messages of gen chat. Coupled with the great slot nerfing of 2015 and Harbinger being down AGAIN on a weekend...Bioware is starting to look more like a shady crack dealer on the corner than a reputable business.

I got advise on this and now I do it every time I go to fleet "cut your general chat off before going to fleet" and I haven't had one spammer in the last 2 days no mail spam or whisper spam either the only problem I'm having is remembering to cut it off/on when going & leaving fleet... It really helps... Edited by Legolose

We know:rolleyes:.

the issue i have is the complete lack of effort on BW regarding this. As a software engineer i can say its not a hard thing to implement but when 0 attention is given to the issue BW definitely looks bad.

This is why im doing my own personal boycott of the cartel market...they haven't shown me that they care about my gaming experience only that they have more crap to sell us.

You left out the ones that annoy me.... The ones that E-Mail you, Send you a Whisper, along with a friend invite, while spamming zone. Because they know before you report and ignore them you have to decline the friend request, then delete the mail, then report them for spamming, then ignore them.

Honestly, it'd just make things easier if they linked Report for Spamming to Ignore.

It has never been this bad. There seems to be at least 3 or 4 of them now that are in the imperial and republic bases and they are just going nuts. Its time for a account ban for people who get more than 3 or 4 spam reports a day, every day for weeks on end. My guess is that these people are F2P who are making a living off driving a majority of the people nuts who use the chat for in game purposes. Ever since the 3.0 launch you can't log into the game without someone spamming something almost immediately. Here what happens every time i log in and i am at the fleet.

1 log into character and use security key

2 select character

3 ignore and report the spammers who are blocking any form in conversation going on in the general chat.

It is enough already.

I agree with some others to the point of it getting really bad. It was NEVER this bad in the history of this game. My ignore list is piling up. Sometimes logging in I have to ignore 6 to 7 of them every single night. It's getting a bit ...much. If I don't ignore all I see is the endless mindless blood sucking spam that is the gold spammers.

And no I do not want to turn off general chat because that's where we have some good times sometimes in chat. Asking everybody how they are doing and all. I feel as though BioWare must do something about this. It's getting very irritating.

the issue i have is the complete lack of effort on BW regarding this. As a software engineer i can say its not a hard thing to implement but when 0 attention is given to the issue BW definitely looks bad.

I highly doubt you have ever worked with software if you think goldspammers would be a easy fix.

The problem with goldspammers is that they have the two worst characteristics. They are

1) persistent

2) creative.

For instance used to be the goldspammers would list the website URL exactly as it appeared. However bioware apparently caught on to that, since they started using commas instead of periods in the URL, and then it was brackets, and the last time I saw a goldspammer it was like ww]w,,gold][][]spam,mer,,com[

Designing software to identify stuff that keeps changing it spelling is not really doable, just ask Blizzard. Seriously you would pretty much need to invent a pseudo AI to do it.

It's not that gawd damn hard to shut these muther *****s down.

1. BIOWARE employees them self just need to log on once, any time of the day or night, go to the fleet and see for themselves the constant spamming of different gold spammers.

2. Take down the name of who's spamming it.

3. Ban the account.

It's that fraken easy. No program needs to be built. No crazy filter or word search engine needs to be employed. When people whine, "Bioware can't employee or have enough money or time to police the forums", Bull*****! They have money. And it really doesn't take that long. Just take 15 min, hell 10 min out of your day, log onto the game you built, and Bamm!, you caught them.

Back in my City of Heroes days, we get spammers all the time, the solution: Create a chat channel for players only, and allow certain player to be the monitors for that channel. Then if someone starts spamming on that channel, the monitor can kick them from that channel.

I highly doubt you have ever worked with software if you think goldspammers would be a easy fix.

The problem with goldspammers is that they have the two worst characteristics. They are

1) persistent

2) creative.

For instance used to be the goldspammers would list the website URL exactly as it appeared. However bioware apparently caught on to that, since they started using commas instead of periods in the URL, and then it was brackets, and the last time I saw a goldspammer it was like ww]w,,gold][][]spam,mer,,com[

Designing software to identify stuff that keeps changing it spelling is not really doable, just ask Blizzard. Seriously you would pretty much need to invent a pseudo AI to do it.

Actually it's very doable... We did it during WW 2... and with the tech we have today it would be much easier...

A better statement would be "yada yada yada... is just to expensive to implement and maintain/not cost effective... yada yada yada"

But I have to agree, the spam is quite ridiculous.. i've filled up ignore lists in about a month and I barely ever go to fleet (only reason I go is to turn in gear tokens, literally everything else is done in SH or on planets since we don't have to hit fleet to turn stuff in anymore..)

When you have to delete off your ignore list in order to ignore more spammers, its a serious issue (and I really don't ignore very many others.. last I ignored an actual player was probably 6 + months ago)

And as for just banning accounts... It's a F2P game, so they'll just make another account, not hard... with manpower and a job that literally is nothing but playing the game you could make probably 100 accounts a day, get to level 10, and go to fleet, spam, get account banned a few weeks later for 10k spam reports, log onto the next one someone already made for you.

Edited by GopherLuV

Ban the account.
"Oh my god, my account's been banned, that's it for me! I wish I could somehow obtain a new email adress. Oh wait, it's 2015 and I can create a new one in 2 minutes. Hello new account."

You clearly wouldn't be fit for a gold spammer.

We did it during WW 2...
Please explain this particular bit further while I laugh incessantly. Edited by FantaBuoy

"Oh my god, my account's been banned, that's it for me! I wish I could somehow obtain a new email adress. Oh wait, it's 2015 and I can create a new one in 2 minutes. Hello new account."

Indeed, F2P means its here to stay until the game closes down.

What I would like to see is our tools for dealing with it updated.

I would like to simply right click a name and select; "Report credit seller and ignore."

Indeed, F2P means its here to stay until the game closes down.

What I would like to see is our tools for dealing with it updated.

I would like to simply right click a name and select; "Report credit seller and ignore."

That would be handy indeed.

Please explain this particular bit further while I laugh incessantly.

Why not just IP Ban them then?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.